capítulo veinticinco

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The silence at the table was suffocating. Everyone, except Sulli, Jongin, and Soojung, were surprised by the presence of Areum. No one would thought that Areum would join the group for dinner. Sehun had an unreadable expression on his face, when Sulli made Areum sit opposite him. He didn't look pleased with the arrangement but he could care less as long as his girlfriend sits next to him. Areum felt uneasy to sit opposite the couple that loathed her and next to Junmyeon, while her friend sat all the way to the other side of the table. The dinner would be less awkward if she sat together with Sulli but Soojung ain't going to let her off the hook so easily. 

"Why is she here?" Baekhyun mouthed to Jongin, eyes shifting towards Areum before looking at his friend again, and Jongin dilated his pupil between Sulli and Soojung and shook his head. Baekhyun nodded in discernment, he figured that he shouldn't probe any further if he wished to walk out of the restaurant alive as he saw the burning gazes that Sulli was shooting towards Soojung while the latter remained unfazed by it. 

Chanyeol leaned towards his girlfriend, "Did you bring Areum here? You know Sehun wouldn't be happy."

Sulli rolled her eyes, "Sehun wouldn't mind his wife-to-be to join us for dinner right?" Instead of whispering her reply to Chanyeol, Sulli said her comment out loud, with the intention of letting everyone at the table to hear it, "Afterall, next time Areum will join us frequently after they get married."

Sehun ignored Sulli as he took his glass and drank the wine in it. He knew Sulli was upset with him, although she didn't show it explicitly, because of the way he treats Areum. As the annoyance in him grew, he took big mouthful of red wine, hoping that it will alleviate the fume in him. It has been a tiring day for him and his friend had to test his patience by bringing someone he hates to the dinner. Everyone was practically forcing him to be nice to Areum - his dad, his older brother, his friend's girlfriend, and even his hyung, Chanyeol. How is it possible for him to be nice to a girl who hurt his girlfriend and killed his unborn child?

"So how's everyone?" Junmyeon broke the silence because it was getting really unbearable. 

While Sehun and Areum remained in their own world, everyone else at the table exchanged conversation. Joomyeon didn't realise Joohyun looking at him dreamily the whole time but Jongin did, which caused his brows to raise in curiosity. The way Joohyun looks at Junmyeon is exactly the way Sehun looks at her. Jongin continued to observe and he hoped he was thinking too much.

"Noona, hyung, when are you guys getting married?"

Kyungsoo asked and Joohyun finally snapped out of reality, "We are not sure either, maybe a few weeks after Sehun and Areum get married."

Sehun wasn't paying attention to anyone except for Areum, as he continued to stare at the poor girl opposite him intensely. 

"C-Can you stop staring?" Areum mumbled, but Sehun heard it and he scoffed. 

"Yah Sehun, stop scaring your fiancée," Junmyeon teased and everyone diverted their attention to Sehun and Areum.

Soojung chuckled, "Exactly, how are you guys ever gonna have kids if-" The moment Jongin covered with his palm, the girl widened her eyes in alarm after realising what she had blurted out. Kids and babies are still a taboo and sensitive topic to Sehun as he only gotten over his grief not long ago and it's still a raw wound to touch.

"I am sorry," Soojung was really apologetic about it because she didn't mean to say something so insensitive a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter