capítulo cuarenta y noche

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dogs started barking and jumping in excitement at the sight of Sehun entering the pet shelter, with a kid in his arms.

“Whoa whoa,” Sehun chuckled, “You guys need to calm down, Asher will be scared,” He turned and observed the kid, who has a finger in his nose, “Hey Asher, don’t dig your nose, no girls will like you if you do that!” Sehun pulled his finger out and both of them laughed together.

“Is that my favourite boy?”

Asher ran towards grandpa Oh eagerly the moment Sehun put him down and gave the old man a big hug, “Grandpa!!” He shouted in his high-pitched voice. Everytime Asher sees grandpa, he would forget about everybody else, including Sehun, who he claimed to be his favourite uncle.

“Junmyeon and Joohyun left you to babysit for their son again?” Grandpa mocked.

“Yeah,” Sehun grunted as he nodded. He loves spending time with his nephew but his brother and sister-in-law are really using him fully to help babysit their son, especially when they want to spend some time alone, “Apparently, it’s their 4th Anniversary.”

Junmyeon and Joohyun didn’t have a smooth relationship when they returned from Cambodia together. Mrs Oh was very adamant on not accepting their relationship because she didn’t think Joohyun, the big fat liar, deserved her son. She gave Joohyun a really long lecture for being a cunning girl and manipulating both of her sons. Whereas for Mr Oh, he knew that no matter what his answer was, Junmyeon was not going to let Joohyun go, so he decided to let them be since Junmyeon is old enough to decide his own future, which pissed Mrs Oh off more. Joohyun had to go through lots of hardship to win over Mrs Oh and gradually, she opened up to Joohyun and she finally accepted her. Joohyun didn’t forget to apologise to Sehun too for everything she has done in the past, which they were able to smile over it because Sehun had already put the past behind.

Sulli and Chanyeol got married after Joohyun and Junmyeon did, and the two of them have an adorable baby girl, named Rose, after two years of marriage. Kyungsoo has also got engaged to his girlfriend of two years, while Baekhyun remains living the solo life because he said “marriage is the tomb of love”, which was proven false, based on the two successful marriage in their clique. While everyone had expected Jongin and Soojung to get married after six years of relationship, they still haven’t taken another step to upgrade their relationship. Sehun could tell that Soojung wants to get married already but Jongin isn’t on the same page as her and he didn’t seem that keen on marriage, and nobody knows why.

“You know, I am waiting for a great-grandchild from you,” Grandpa remarked casually and Sehun groaned because his grandpa brings up their topic whenever he visits him and it’s getting on his nerves.

It has been five years since Areum left. Sehun can’t believe that five years passed in a blink of an eye and he is still waiting for Areum to return. To his surprise, Areum set up an Instagram account two years ago and Sehun followed her immediately, but sadly, till today, Areum still didn’t follow him back but that’s okay. Even though she only posted pictures of scenery and food initially, Sehun was glad to know that she is safe and sound somewhere. Sehun remembered that one fateful day when Areum posted a picture of her and her new friends and his heart skipped a beat seeing her face. She was smiling really happily, and Sehun was delighted to know that Areum is happy and she is surrounded by positive people. The following week, Sehun got to know that Areum continued to chase after her writer’s dream as she posted a picture with the caption #newbook and he couldn’t be more than happy to know that she didn’t give up on what she likes doing.

Sehun couldn’t resist anymore. He got a private investigator to check on Areum. Apparently, Areum has been staying in Australia all these years and it wasn’t hard to find information about her because Areum was getting a little famous as she started to release more books - Areum doesn’t just do children’s books anymore, she writes novels too. Despite knowing her whereabouts, Sehun didn’t go and look for Areum because he knows she would be upset if she knew that he hired someone to keep tabs on her, which he isn’t doing it anymore, and if he appeared in front of her. The only way to support Areum is to support her work. Sehun buys every single book that Areum has published, regardless of genres and he would make sure to read them, even if it was a children’s book.

Sehun has made sure to get instant notification whenever Areum posts something and he would always get really excited over it. He used to laugh at himself for having not even 1/3 of the number of followers that Areum, who has been crowned the top-selling author for the past few months, has currently, what a turn of event. But unlike all her previous posts, Sehun felt bitter seeing the recent post. Areum has posted a picture with a man, with his arm around her shoulder, in a rather intimate position he would say.

“Seriously?” Sehun frowned deeply.

“What’s wrong?” Grandpa asked upon seeing the change in Sehun’s mood.

“Areum just posted a picture of her with a man whom I had no idea who he is!”

Grandpa laughed and shook his head, “Boy, you are so jealous over it.”

“Of course I am!” Sehun narrowed his eyes, “400,280 likes?? Really?” He then scrolled through the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter