capítulo veintinueve

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing recalled that rainy day, where he first met Areum. The sky was gloomy but the Yixing's world wasn't, when he saw the affectionate smile on Areum's face when she  the sleeping cat at the cafe. She was so delicate and she treated the cat with gentle and care that Yixing couldn't take his eyes off her, as he wondered do such innocent and pure girls still exist in this ugly world? He had the urge to talk to her but he didn't want to come off as a creep, so he decided to watch Areum from afar, holding onto the belief that if they are meant to be, they will meet again. Soon enough, his prayers were heard, it turned out that Areum studied in the same university as him and he was infuriated when he saw the popular kids ganging up on her at the cafeteria. He was so close to teaching Soojung a lesson when she poured the juice on Areum but his friends stopped him and told him not to interfere. That was when he discovered that Areum was engaged to Sehun by force and he really hated himself for not doing anything to stop the people from bullying the poor girl. From then on, Yixing would always watch Areum from afar and he even stayed back late in school to erase all the nasty remarks the kids have written on Areum's locker. When he saw Areum interacting with the animals at the fundraising event, Yixing can't help to smile and he knew, at that moment, he has fell for the girl whom he barely knows and didn't know his existence. There were so many instances that Yixing wanted to approach Areum but he didn't have the guts to, so he decided to put on a mask to hide his identity and asked her for a dance at prom night. He didn't care if Areum is married to Sehun, he just want to give her all the happiness in the world.

"Is the food nice?" Yixing asked, as he rested his chin on his hand, with his elbow placed on the table.

Areum nodded, "You should stop staring at me and eat your food."

"Watching you eat makes me full," Yixing chuckled at teh red tinted cheeks on Areum's face. He loves seeing her feeling shy and bashful from his sweet words. 

Areum tried avoiding making eye contact with him but it was hard because his eyes were glued to her, and everytime she looks at him, images of them sharing a kiss earlier on at the library flashed through her mind. 

"I talked to Sehun today."

Areum raised her brows at the random mention of her husband.

"I told him I want to court you."

Areum coughed loud as she choked on her food at the sudden news. Yixing handed her a glass of water immediately, he didn't know his words were so shocking to her.

"Yixing, stop saying such thing. I am married," Areum returned to her plate of food, secretly hoping that Yixing would stop saying such heart-fluttering words because her heart won't be able to take it. 

"So what?" Yixing rebutted with confidence, "I like you and I got the green light from Oh Sehun."

Ears perked, Areum halted eating. Was Yixing speaking the truth? Did Sehun really permit a stranger to court his own wife? Arem's heart ached a little, knowing how insignificant she is in Sehun's heart. 

"Areum," Yixing placed his hand on top of the girl opposite him, "You deserve a better man than Sehun. I will take care of you."

Yixing's words really warmed Areum up but she barely knew this guy, how reliable is he?

"How did you know Sehun? Who you are exactly? How did you know me?"

Throughout lunch, Yixing explained everything to Areum, while she listened to him with full attention. Her heart skipped a beat after knowing that the guy cleaned the nasty and insulting words on her locker. Never in her life had a guy done such thoughtful and sweet thing for her, what's more, they barely knew each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter