capítulo treinta

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As time goes by, Areum and Yixing got closer as they spent most of the time together. Yixing made her forget all the unhappiness and made her feel loved. Being with him, Areum felt carefree, relaxed, and she enjoyed every moment they spent together, unlike when she was with Sehun, she felt she was constantly walking on eggshells because Sehun would lash at her for no reason when he is in bad mood. Areum used to enjoy staying at home, but because of Yixing, she had learned to love going out to have fun. Yixing would always bring her to all the fun places. Furthermore, staying at Sehun's apartment didn't make her feel like she was at home. All she faced was four walls and she felt really lonely.

"Eat more, Yixing."

Sehun's parents had invited Yixing over after knowing that he had returned from China. Areum could tell that Mr Oh and Mrs Oh love Yixing genuinely and they treat him like another son of theirs, especially when he has been best friends with Junmyeon for years. Everyone in the family is fond of Yixing, except for Sehun, who barely said anything throughout the dinner. While everyone was eating and catching up at the same time, Yixing would place food on Areum's plate occasionally, causing Mr Oh, Mrs Oh, and Sehun to raise their brows and Areum to fluster. Even Joohyun was puzzled by their intimate behaviour because according to how much she knew about Yixing, he would never show caring acts towards girls that he isn't interested in. 

"I didn't know you guys are close," Mr Oh commented, dilating his eyes between Areum and Yixing.

"Oh we are just good friends," Areum quickly clarified, in case misunderstandings happened. Junmyeon also sent a frown of disapproval to Yixing and shook his head, asking his friend to keep it low because if Mr Oh would to find out that Yixing is trying to court Areum despite the fact that she is married to Sehun and she is the daughter-in-law of the Oh's household, he is not going to sit back and do nothing. 

"I am excited for Junmyeon and Joohyun's wedding," Yixing made a random remark out of nowhere before turning his vision to Sehun, "Aren't you excited too, Sehunnie? I am so envious and I can't wait to get married too," He then winked at Areum in discreet.

Sehun gritted his teeth as he was being provoked by Yixing and he wanted to wipe that fake grin off his face so badly. This guy was testing his patience and he was pretty close to the limit already.

Junmyeon could sense the tension so he quickly in in case a fight broke out, "W-Well bro, faster get a girlfriend and get married then!" He joked.

Yixing laughed and nodded, "I am waiting for the right time to marry the right girl."

Areum could feel Yixing's gaze fixed on her, which did not escape from the eyes of Junmyeon, Sehun, and Joohyun. The anxious girl could only pray that her father-in-law and mother-in-law did not notice Yixing's affectionate behaviour towards her. Yixing snapped out of his daze when someone stomped on his foot, he eyed his best friend opposite him with a frown as Junmyeon mouthed 'Stop your nonsense in front of my parents' to Yixing. 

 

After the dinner, Junmyeon dragged Yixing away for a private talk, leaving his fiancée with his mother to discuss bout the wedding stuff, while Areum and Sehun returned back to their apartment. As Sehun was walking to his apartment, Areum trailed behind him like a timid little puppy because she assumed that Sehun wouldn't want her to walk next to him. She was nothing but an eyesore to him. Just then, Sehun paused and turned around, with his hands stuffed in his pockets, and looked at the girl with a condescending look.

"I see that you are having a lot of fun with Zhang Yixing huh?" He asked, with a hint of mockery, "Did you guys finally get together or have you guys already slept with each other?"

"N-No, it's nothing like what you thought! I didn't expect him to be so open with his affection during dinner just now," Areum quickly explained. She knew that things would get more complicated if Mr Oh and Mrs Oh found out that Yixing is courting Areum, which would put both her and Sehun in a difficult spot. Areum had never wanted Yixing to be so open and obvious with his attentiveness towards her, especially not in front of Mr Oh and Mrs Oh. But what shocked Areum the most was the fact that Sehun sees her as a casual woman.

"Whatever, you can do anything you want with your loverboy but leave me out of this mess. If my parents are suspicious about anything, you are going to get it from me. I don't want to be interrogated, do you understand?"

Sehun spoke in a scornful manner, and he was behaving as if he was more superior than Areum, which made her feel really awful. Afterall, Areum is a human and she has feelings too.

"Don't you think you are too much?" Areum muttered under her breath but Sehun could hear every syllabus loud and clear because of the awfully quiet surrounding.

The guy scoffed, "Come again?"

"Don't you think you are too much?" This time, Areum mustered her courage to lift her head up and face the tall guy with a hurt expression and repeated her question firmly.

Sehun was surprised at her rebuttal, because the timid mouse never retaliate. 

"So last time you got Sulli and now you got Yixing behind your back, you grew your balls to talk back to me?" Sehun challenged, with an unwavering stare because he was never afraid of anyone in his life, and neither would he be scared by the girl who barely had the guts t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter