capítulo veintiséis

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The big day has finally arrived. The reception hall was filled with all the invited guests and soft melody was playing in the background. It was a joyous occasion but Sehun couldn't feel an once of happiness. He was pulling a black face as he greeted the guests with Joohyun's parents, his parents, and his older brother at the entrance. As his friends and his girlfriend arrived at the venue, his face hit up upon seeing Joohyun but he avoided hugging her because he is under surveillance and it would only stir gossips among the attended guests to see the groom hugging another girl aside the bride affectionately.

"Can't believe the youngest in our group is getting married first," Baekhyun teased, which really gets on Sehun's nerves.

"Come on Sehun, just smile a little," Kyungsoo put his arm around Sehun's back to give him a brotherly pat, "It can't get that bad."

"Yeah," Jongin added his remark, with a snicker, "Afterall she had a intimate contact with your..." Jongin zoomed downwards at Sehun's bulge and Sehun pushed his friends away for laughing at him.

Even though it has been weeks, the boys still can't get over that incident where Areum cleaned his crotch in the public and whenever they have the opportunity, they will tease Sehun and said that it's normal for husband and wife to get a hanky panky. Sehun was grossed out by it. He then turned to his girlfriend to see if she was unhappy, she assured him that's alright before walking away and towards his older brother instead. This behaviour of Joohyun hurt Sehun a little because he could sense that there was a distance between his girlfriend and him recently, especially after the appearance of his older brother. He noticed his girlfriend smiling at his older brother more often and he can't help to feel downhearted by it. 

"Where is Chanyeol hyung and Sulli?" Sehun asked, after realising there were missing people in the group. 

"Oh, Sulli wants to accompany Areum at the waiting room."

 

In the middle of the waiting room, there sat a nervous looking bride, with her friends surrounding her to calm her nerves down by cracking jokes. Areum couldn't stop fidgeting on her seat as the thought of walking down the aisle later makes her jittery. She wonders if Sehun would run away later and ditch her at the altar because at this point in time, he is still very reluctant to marry her.

"Areum, you are shivering, are you okay?" Jisoo asked as she clapsed her hands around Areum's hands.

"Don't have to be so nervous!" Doyoung said in his usual cheery voice, "If Sehun tries to escape later, the three of us will block his way and tie him down!"

Johnny and Haechan nodded in unison, making Areum feel a little less nervous. Just then, the door opened and Sulli, who came in with Chanyeol and Hyuna, screamed in happiness when she saw Areum in the wedding gown. 

"Oh my Areum! You are so beautiful!"

Areum was touched by the compliments she got from people that day. Everyone has been complimenting how beautiful she was, which really boosted her confidence because that's what she needed right now before she backed out and made her way home instead.

"Gosh, I can't believe Oh Sehun and you are really getting married," Hyuna commented, as if Chanyeol wasn't around as she called Sehun by his full name in a disdainful voice, "You deserve better gurl and if he ever bullies you, give me a ring. I will make sure to teach him a lesson."

Sulli nodded vigorously, "Yeah! It's his blessing to be able to marry you so don't let him trample over you!"

Tears swarmed in Areum's eyes as her friends' words melted her heart. It was nice to have a group of genuine, kind-hearted, and caring friends and that is what matters to Areum. 

"Thanks guys, you guys are so sweet."

As if speaking of the devil, the laughter died down when Sehun entered the room. Areum's heart raced she scanned Sehun from top to bottom, he was looking especially dashing that day and if only he wiped off his black face, he would look way better.

"The ceremony is starting soon," Sehun stated in a robotic tone, as a way to express his unwillingness blatantly to everyone, "You guys should get to your seats."

Sulli snorted, "How rude."

Before the groom can refute and aggravate the tension between him and Sulli, Chanyeol interrupted and pulled his girlfriend out of the room, with the rest following behind. After everyone made their way out, silence enveloped the room and Areum could feel herself dying from anxiety knowing that she will be walking down the aisle with the guy in front of her in a few minutes time.

"I am sorry."

Sehun turned his head to the girl. Contrary to what he said previously at the restaurant, he hates to admit that Areum didn't look as bad as he thought she would. She had light makeup on her face and the wedding dress, albeit tight, seemed to fit her than what he expected. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter