capítulo cincuenta y dos

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So how’s you and your loverboy?”

Alicia walked in to the hotel room which breakfast and she was surprised to see an unfamiliar person sleeping on Areum’s bed.

“Who is that?” She pointed at the bed.

“My friend, she was really drunk last night so Sehun and I brought her here. And,” Areum then turned around with an unamused expression, “Stop calling him loverboy. He has a name, he is Sehun.”

Alicia rolled her eyes and sat at the dining table. Upon seeing the ring on Areum’s fourth finger, Alicia inhaled a gasp and flagged her arms animatedly as she grabbed to take a closer look at the blinding diamond ring, “So are you back to the Mrs status??”

“You are exaggerating, Alicia,” Areum shook her head, with a bagel with a mouth, “We just reconciled.”

“See, I knew he was never over you and same goes for you as well!” Alicia gloated, “But does he know that you need to return to Australia tomorrow?”

“I will let him know tonight…”

“Aww,” Alicia teased, “Someone can’t bear to be away from her husband.”

Areum reached for the croissant and stuffed it into her manager’s mouth, asking her to shut up. But of course, knowing Alicia for years, she would never stop teasing Areum for that.

After breakfast with Alicia and sending her away, Areum decided to get started on writing her new book while she watched over Soojung, who was still deeply asleep. It’s almost afternoon yet Soojung is still not awake, should she be worried? Instead of overthinking, Areum went to her desk and began writing.

 

When Soojung opened her eyes, she frowned to be greeted by the foreign environment surrounding her. She remembered drinking at the pub last night, so what happened afterwards? How did she end up in the hotel? Soojung quickly pulled the duvet away to check and she heaved a sign relief knowing that she still has her clothes on.

“Oh, you are awake!”

Soojung widened her eyes upon seeing Areum, as she approached her with a glass of warm water. How did she end up sleeping here? And what is Areum doing here?

“What happened last night?” The dryness and discomfort feeling in Soojung’s throat was making it hard for her to talk.

“You were drunk and you gave Sehun a call, so we went to fetch you.”

Soojung’s brows knitted, “I called Sehun? Why would I call him?”

“I think you pressed his number by accident. You probably intended to call Sulli.”

Soojung nodded, as she muttered thanks when Areum passed her the water and medicine to relieve her headache. From the amount of alcohol she drank last night, she should have seen the hangover coming. Just then, the bell rang and Areum went to check on it. She was surprised to receive a beautifully wrapped parcel. Taking the seat next to Soojung on the bed, Areum unwrapped the parcel and opened the box.

“Oh my,” Areum couldn’t contain her excitement when she saw a really beautiful baby blue dress and a pair of silver heels with tiny wings attached to the back of heels in the parcel. She spotted a pink card and she couldn’t stop smiling as she reads the card.

“Wear these and meet me at the hotel restaurant for dinner tonight, love. P.S I can’t wait <3! Much love, Sehun”

“That’s sweet,” Soojung smiled as she saw the content in the box and the message on the card, but she can’t help to feel sad because Jongin has never done such romantic thing for her for the past six years.

“He is so cheesy,” Areum was blushing like mad and even though she complained about Sehun’s cheesiness, she didn’t really mean it, she was trying to hide her excitement and control the butterflies in her stomach. Girls.

“Jongin and I broke up.”

Areum’s face fell and she sent an apologetic look to Soojung, who was forcing a smile with her head hung low, probably to hide her tears in case they start streaming down.

“I tried to pressure him to marry me in front of his family and he got really angry. He lashed at me and he ended our relationship on the spot because we weren’t on the same page. I wanted to get married but he didn’t want to. I understand, Jongin is famous for his bad boy reputation since uni but I thought I would be able to change him because I was the only girl that was officially titled as his girlfriend and we have been together for so long. Never did he cheat on me, and nether did he lay his eyes on any other girls when we were together. Jongin was sweet, caring, and I could feel that he loves me genuinely. He had also matured and became more responsible, so I really thought we were ready to take our relationship a step further…” Soojung started sobbing and Areum quickly lent Soojung her shoulder as she pat her back to comfort the girl, “His eyes were full of annoyance and hatred when he broke up with me. He walked out of his parents’ house immediately, before I even got the chance to ask him all the doubts I had.”

Areum’s heart ached for Soojung but she doesn’t know what she can do to make the girl feel better. She doesn’t know Jongin well so there is no way she would be able to read his mind. She has always thought Soojung and Jongin were very much in love with each other. Jongin was a great boyfriend to Soojung, so she doesn’t understand why Jongin didn’t want to get married.

“Maybe Jongin has a phobia of marriage?”

Soojung blew her nose and frowned, “No, if he had, I would have known. Furthermore, there is nothing wrong with his parents’ marriage anyway.”

“I told Sehun to talk to Jongin… Maybe he can get something out of him.”

Soojung’s eyes got teary again upon hearing Areum’s words. Who would have seen this coming? The highly-admired Soojung turns into crying mess because of her problematic relationship and she had to seek comfort and help from the person who used to be the victim of her bullying.

“Areum, I am sorry.”

“For what?”

“I was a major for bullying you in school. Gosh, I am so ashamed of myself for doing those nasty acts,” Soojung lamented in remorse and sighed with her shoulders deflated, “You are kind, caring, understanding, and you have a good heart. I mean, if my fiance was going out with another girl behind my back, I would have chopped his off,” Areum laughed along with Soojung, “Don’t lose those traits of yours.”

Areum pulled Soojung towards her for a hug. Afterall, Soojung isn’t that much of a . At least she isn’t as egoistic as Sehun, the past Sehun, who never admits his mistakes and as if saying sorry would kill him.

“So what do you plan to do? If Jongin really has no intention of settling down.”

“Then he is not the right guy for me.”

 

“Are you guys aware that Jongin and Soojung broke up?”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol widened their eyes like they have just heard the most shocking and absurd news ever. They know that Jongin and Soojung are very madly in love with each other, why would they end their relationship?

“Why?” Baekhyun asked, as he reached for Chanyeol’s plate to steal some of his meat but Chanyeol caught him and he slapped his hand away.

“Is it because Jongin doesn’t want to get married?” Chanyeol speculated, frowning deeply as he cracked his brain for a reason, “Or did they fall out of love?”

“Ayyye!” Baekhyun snorted, “That’s impossible. They can’t keep their hands to themselves most of the times! It must be the first reason. They have been together for so long and Soojung has been hinting Jongin about marriage but Jongin didn’t seem to have any reaction.”

“But why would Jongin not want to get married? It’s about time for him to settle,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter