capítulo dos

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Excitement rushed through Areum's body as she entered the lecture hall. Areum has a huge love for literature and she has studied two years of Korean literature back in her uni in US and she didn't want to give up halfway because she always believed that knowledge is the greatest wealth to a person, so she is now pursuing a degree in Korean literature in the new school. As she scanned the lecture hall, she realised most of the seats are occupied and there are groups here and there. Spotting an empty seat at the second last row, Areum went for it. She bowed to the girl next to her and she returned with a small nod. Areum has never been a social butterfly, neither is she good at making friends, because people either disregard her presence or show disgust towards her openly. She knows how important group projects are for grades, hence, she decided that she will take the initiative to talk to people in her class. Observing the girl next to her, whose focus was on the book in front of her, Areum found her really pretty. She has a small face, her skin is fair, and she has long silky hair that she dreamed for having but she could never do so because her hair is as rough as grass. 

"Hi, I am Areum, what's your name?"

The girl shifted her attention from her book to Areum, "I am Sulli."

"Nice to meet you! I am new to the school!"

Sulli giggled; something that looks really cute when pretty girls do it but not when Areum does it. 

"Ah, no wonder I have never seen you around in any of the classes."

"Yeah, actually, I just moved from US to Korea recently! I did two years of Korean literature in San Francisco, so I am allowed to proceed to the third year in this university too."

Sulli nodded in amazement, "That's really cool! I haven't been there but I have always wanted to go to US! So why did you move back to Korea?"

"Hmm, reasons," Areum smiled. She didn't want to hide anything from her new found friend but she believes that Sehun would probably not want anyone in the school to know about their relationship. 

Before the girls could carry on their conversation, the professor came in and started on the lecture immediately. Areum looked at Sulli again, she can't explain the happiness in her to make a new friend successfully. For the first time, someone didn't find it disgusting to talk to her. 

When the lesson came to an end, everyone was packing their stuff while Areum was still trying to finish taking down all the notes on the slides. Everyone was used to the pace of the professors and the lessons but Areum was still new to everything, which puts her at a disadvantage. The lessons in US were much more chill as compared to Korea so she got a little helpless when the professor began to go really fast with his teaching. Sulli stood up from her seat a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter