capítulo treinta y seis

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum never like confrontations. It’s never her forte to fight against people, which explains her demure character. But here she is, dealing with confrontation that doesn’t involve her, except for the revelation where Joohyun was never pregnant and it was a scheme of hers to break the engagement between Sehun and her. Areum was shock to heart that, she could understand why Joohyun would do that, but she doesn’t agree with it. It was such a big lie, and Areum could never forget the guilt that ate her soul up when she thought she was the reason behind Joohyun’s miscarriage. She was angry, but she didn’t want to express it explicitly because someone else was way more pissed than her.

“So you were never pregnant?”

Joohyun shook her head. At this point in time, she was fighting a lost battle and she could not lie anymore.

“And you lied to everyone so that I will cancel my engagement with Areum and marry you?”

Sehun was seemingly disappointed because at one point, he was actually anticipating to the arrival of the unborn kid. Yet the baby never existed in the first place, which, he felt like a fool right then.

Joohyun nodded, “I am sorry, Sehun I am really sorry!” As she reached for Sehun, the guy retreated form Joohyun, he was feeling very conflicted and he didn’t want the liar to get near him.

“What about the part where my hyung said you don’t love me at all? Explain everything to me,” Sehun demanded in his cold hard voice. His wrath became more apparent as he shot her an icy stare.

Joohyun was in utter shock as her mask falls. She had never expected Sehun to glare at her and use that voice with her because Sehun was so crazily obsessed with her that he would bow down, kiss her feet, and worship her, neither did she expect him to find out about her lies.

“Junmyeon and I have known each other since high school and since then I was in love with him. I was upset and broken-hearted when he rejected me and migrated to Japan. Then, I met you. Knowing that you are Junmyeon’s younger brother and how much you reminded me of Junmyeon, I decided to date you-”

“So I was just a replacement?” Sehun asked, even though he knew the answer was going to break his heart into pieces.

“No Sehun! Okay, initially you were. But gradually, I like you too. You were so sweet, caring, and nice, but…” Joohyun sighed and lowered her head in despair, “When I saw Junmyeon again, I realised I have never moved on from Junmyeon and my heart is still with him. I still love him.”

“Have you ever loved me?” By then, hot tears brimmed in Sehun’s tears and he asked with a trembling voice, “All the time we spent together, do they mean anything to you?”

Joohyun grabbed Sehun’s arms, “Of course they do! Being your girlfriend made me feel like the luckiest girl on earth, with all of the pampering and love that you poured in!”

“But you still prefer my older brother over me… I was the biggest fool to think that you love me as much I do!” Sehun flung Joohyun’s grip away and roared at her with uncontrollable fury. His bloodshot eyes scared the wits out of the other three parties, “How did your engagement come about?” Sehun shifted his icy gaze between Junmeyon and Joohyun.

“After Joohyun allegedly lost the baby, she threatened dad to make you turn your back against your family if he he doesn’t grant her wish of us getting married,” Junmyeon butted in and Joohyun spun around swiftly, sending death glares at him for exposing every single part of her scheme but Junmyeon remained unaffected because he didn’t want his younger brother to be led by her nose anymore.

“So you and dad know everything?” Sehun eyed his brother and his older brother nodded with guilt.

“I am sorry Sehun…”

Areum had widely gaped at the revelation. How can her cousin be so cunning and deceitful? She was taken aback completely by the angelic Joohyun whom she would never expect to play scheming tricks to get what she wants. How can she hurt the person that loves her like she was his entire world? Sehun felt his world collapsing. He tried to deny whatever he had just heard but those were the cold hard truths. Bae Joohyun, the girl whom he loves dearly and whom he gave his entire heart and soul to, just crushed his heart completely. She isn’t an angel, she is a monster. He had been fooled, he had been played by her, he was just a replacement to Joohyun, and he was being kept in the dark by his own family. How cruel can reality get?

“Sehun, will you please-”

“ off Bae Joohyun.”

Sehun pushed past Junmyeon and Joohyun aggressively because he couldn’t stand breathing the same air and being in the same space with people who lied to him and broke his heart, while Areum ran after him so as to ensure that Sehun wouldn’t do anything to hurt himself.

“Ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter