Happy

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol's... a special gangster.

 


Baekhyun's popular.

He's really ing popular, and it makes Chanyeol feel kind of special in some stupid way.

Jongdae's house is a mansion, because, why wouldn't it be? His dad owns a BMW dealership, not to mention how his mom is somewhere in France because she's a ing designer.

Chanyeol doesn't know where to hang out or stand, so he just sticks with Sehun and Jongin over by the kitchen. There are too many other people in the house and Jongdae's running around, trying to get things in order.

"What're you giving Little Boss?" Sehun asks, pointing at the gift bag.

"None of your business."

Maybe Chanyeol feels a little embarrassed... It's not like his gift is expensive or store-bought so it might be a little... less shiny than all of the other gifts.

Goddamn it.

Turning the conversation away from him, Chanyeol nods over at the box on the counter that's poorly wrapped with a slapped-on doggy sticker. "What's in that thing?"

"Well, we bought it together," Jongin says, nudging Sehun's elbow. The latter's too busy texting on his phone, distracted. "We didn't know what to get Little Boss, so we just got him a little Polaroid camera."

"Hm..." At least that crosses off one of the things on Baekhyun's little wishlist. "He might use it.

"Yeah, we thought that Little Boss might wanna take pictures and stuff over there— Like, new school, new friends, a new girl... Uh..." Jongin notices Chanyeol's warning and immediately finishes his sentence. "New girl friends— for chit chat. Definitely not for . That wouldn't be, you know, like him—"

Jongdae's voice rings through the house, cutting the gang member off (much to his relief). "He's here! Everyone, get to the front door!"

Everyone starts scrambling to the front door area— even Jongin and Sehun. Chanyeol's probably the only one calmly walking over but it leaves him in the back of the crowd behind everyone else.

Rushing to the door, Jongdae slowly cracks it open.

Even from the back, Chanyeol can still hear Baekhyun's familiar, "Hi!"

Then, the door slams open wide and everyone shouts in unison (except Chanyeol), "SURPRISE!"

Baekhyun gasps, covering his mouth with both his hands before rushing over to greet everyone. The entire hoard (except Chanyeol) meets him in the middle to circle around him.

"What is this!?" he says half-laughing, but also half-almost-crying. "Jongdae!"

"It's a surprise going-away party!" Jongdae says, hugging him before stepping aside to let everyone else have their hug (which Baekhyun is enthusiastically giving away). "You'll probably make a lot of new friends, but don't forget about us, you know!"

"I would never forget you all! I'm..." Baekhyun notices Chanyeol in the back. The second they make eye contact, the runt starts crying, but he has to keep hugging everyone else because he knows he can't just run over to the gangster. "I'm... I'm so lucky to have you guys."

The girls in the crowd all "Awwww!"--even Jongin and Sehun. 

Chanyeol just...smiles.

He loves him. 

A lot.

"Stop crying, you big baby!" Jongdae tells him, wiping away the boy's tears. "We still have cake and gifts for you! And, like, some activities. No drinking, though. I decided that it probably wouldn't be a good idea."

Baekhyun laughs, but he's in between being happy and being emotionally wrecked by the whole idea of leaving. Nonetheless, he's touched.

People start dispersing into their own little groups once Baekhyun finishes greeting everyone and making his way to each person to thank you personally. While Jongdae yells that cake would be served in 10 minutes, Baekhyun is quick to speed walk over to the gangster and give him the biggest hug of all.

Chanyeol usually ing hates public displays of affection. He really does. But... Baekhyun is the exception.

He leans down and gives the brunet a quick kiss on the cheeks. 

And Baekhyun responds by moving his head and stealing a quick one on the lips.

Out of habit, Chanyeol pulls away to look around and see who else saw that, but then stops himself mid-way, realizing how much he doesn't really care anymore.

"You didn't tell me you'd be here!" Baekhyun's voice kind of cracks, but it only makes him even cuter, if anything.

"That would defeat the purpose of a surprise party, wouldn't it?"

"Yeah, but I'm..." Pulling away, Baekhyun looks up at him. "I'm overwhelmed, Yeol. Everyone's here--even you and... I don't know what I should do--"

"Everyone here loves you. That's why they're here."

"I know, and that's why you're here, too, but I feel bad that they're even throwing me a party--with cake and everything!" Baekhyun's eyes are still slightly red from the tears, but it doesn't seem like he's completely done with crying just yet. He reaches down to hold the giant's hands but finds that the gangster's occupied holding a gift bag. "You got me something, too...?"

"Yeah." Chanyeol kind of looks away, blushing just a little bit (not a whole lot). "I'll give it to you later--"

Ignoring him, Baekhyun makes a grab for it and tries reaching inside. "What is it?"

"Hey! I said later!" Chanyeol says sternly, pushing the brunet's hands away. 

Baekhyun frowns. "When's later?" 

"Just... later, okay?"

When Baekhyun's pout persists, Chanyeol sighs.

"Listen. You're friends with a bunch of rich kids. They'll have cooler gifts for you than this."

Baekhyun stops him by poking the giant on his chest. "I don't care about money or how expensive it is. You don't have to be embarrassed--"

"I'm not embarrassed," Chanyeol insists, even though he kind of is (just a little). "I want you to open it when it's just us or, at least, when there are fewer people around."

"Why?"

"Because it's something that I made."

Blinking in disbelief, Baekhyun looks at him in awe. "You made it? For me?"

"Yeah." Chanyeol looks off again. "And if you don't like it, you can throw it away and we can pretend like I never even gave it to y--"

Baekhyun pulls him in for another hug. This time, it's less intense but just as warm. "You talk too much, Yeol."

Snorting, Chanyeol rolls his eyes. 

The runt really likes repeating his own words back to him.

"Do I?"

"You should know by now that I'll love it-- no matter what it is." Baekhyun sniffles. All that crying made his nose a bit stuffy. "Even if it's like, I don't know. A boyfriend bracelet or something! Especially since you made it yourself. That means a lot more to me."

"Then I'm--"

"Everyone, make your way to the kitchen!" Jongdae interrupts them by updating everyone about the cake situation. "Grab a piece of the choco-mocha cake! Baekhyun, come here! Let's start sorting the gifts so you can unwrap them while everyone's eating!"

Baekhyun looks back at Chanyeol. "Can you take me home later?" he quickly asks in a whisper.

The gangster nods and gives him a gentle push forward. "Always."

 


a/n: guess Chanyeol's gift and i'll add some spice in the next chapter :P 

leave me a vote and a comment! rec me a manga pls

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )

Insta: @.exobubz