Pushing Buttons

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol's a gangster and he pushes all of Baekhyun's buttons.

 


 

1. Baekhyun likes Melona.

2. Baekhyun likes cuddles.

3. Baekhyun likes ice cream.

4. Baekhyun loves Chanyeol.

 


 

Baekhyun's not with them during lunch. Again. He's off talking to the school administration about paperwork and transcripts... Stuff that comes with moving.

Chanyeol's not happy, but he doesn't say anything about it. Despite his silence, Jongin and Sehun can feel the vibe anyways so they try to fill it up with mindless talk.

"What's that little guy planning on studying again?" Sehun asks, eyes darting to Chanyeol before going over to Jongin.

"Computer science or something like that!" Jongin shrugs. "He'll probably learn how to hack and attack."

"Probably!"

Thinking about that stupid nerd doing smart nerd things... makes Chanyeol sad.

.

"What're you two gonna do after graduation?" Jongin asks after a while of silence. "I'm thinkin' about opening a café. Don't know about coffee but I know girls love it."

"I think I'm gonna marry someone who's rich." Sehun smiles at his aspirations.

"Nice nice." Turning to Chanyeol, Jongin points at him. "What about you, boss? What're you gonna do while Little Boss is gone?"

Chanyeol never really thought about the future before because... he used to not care. At all.

So he doesn't... know.

"None of your business."

"Oookay." Jongin laughs for a few seconds before looking away. Then, he continues to eat his lunch while Chanyeol gets up and leaves them on the roof.

He also leaves behind his lunch... which Sehun packs up for him while telling Jongin, "Look what you did to boss."


 


Baekhyun likes the thing that's not a fruit juice, and Chanyeol knows, but the gangster also knows that they need to plan for the beach thing so they don't really have time to literally around. Plus there's Junmyeon party and Jongdae's party--all happening on the same damn Saturday for whatever ing reason.

Planning for a beach picnic is hard, but it's harder when Baekhyun can't keep his attention in check and Salem's only goal in life is to trample on all of their notes and sit on the notepad.

Sighing, Chanyeol picks up the cat and places him on his lap, which Salem made himself comfortable in.

"Baekhyun, focus." The gangster taps the top of the brunet's head with a pencil. "What else do you want to bring?"

"Um, I don't know. Ice cream?"

"It's going to melt by the time we get there." Chanyeol looks at their list. "We can walk to a store if you really want it."

"Okaaay."

Glancing over at the brunet, Chanyeol watches as he rolls over and plants his face into his pillow.

He's been rolling around like a loose strawberry for over 30 minutes. Even Salem had to move aside a few times or risk getting crushed, but there's not enough room on the bed for all three of them, especially when the runt's taking up most of the space.

"Babe."

"Hm?"

"You've been like this since we got here." Salem yawns, prompting Chanyeol to pet the cat on his back.

Baeekhyun's groan into his pillow comes out muffled. "I'm tired."

"No, you're not. Tell me what's wrong."

"I'm tiiired," Baekhyun repeats.

Annoyed, Chanyeol furrows his brows. "No, you're not. What's. Wrong."

There's a bit of silence, followed by a big, fat sigh when Baekhyun pushes himself into a sitting position and turns to face them. "I got my passport today, and I don't like my picture. It makes me look weird and tired, which I'm not, but that's what it says about me. And you know what? The airport people are going to look at that and think, 'Ew-ies! He's ugly!' It's just... I want to take my photo again. Do you think I can return it? I don't want it."

Chanyeol doesn't reply immediately. He moves Salem off his lap and puts him on the other side of the bed. "You're rambling."

"I mean, you wouldn't like it if someone took a bad photo of you, either."

Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol leans over and pushes a few, messy strays of hair away from the runt's face. "Show me the passport."

"But I'm ugly."

"You're fishing for compliments."

Baekhyun gasps, frowning at the gangster. His bottom lip juts out (only by a little bit). "No, I'm not," he says. "But if you have one, then I'll take it--"

"Where's the passport, runt?" Chanyeol looks back behind him. Baekhyun's desk is usually neat and clean, but he can see there's ripped paper strewn all over the place.

Realizing what Chanyeol's gaze is locked on, Baekhyun grabs the gangster's hand just as he's getting up off the bed. "Um, do you want the BJ?"

Chanyeol pauses for a second. It tricks Baekhyun into thinking that maybe he got the boy to stop, but the gangster uses the opportunity to pull his hand from the latter's grasp. "No, I want the passport."

Walking over to the desk, Chanyeol's quick to find the little passport, fresh out of the packet. Before Baekhyun can say anything, the gangster flips to the very first page where he's greeted by a picture of his runt--cheeky smile and perfectly combed hair (as usual).

"You look fine to me..."

The passport in his hand feels so... official, but...

It is official.

There's a bit of silence before Baekhyun breaks it again.

"I look weird."

Thoughts about the move lingers in Chanyeol's mind for a few moments before he sets the passport back down on the desk. "You were probably just nervous," he mutters, turning back to where the runt's sitting on the bed. "But whatever. It's fine. Stop overthinking it."

"But--"

"I said," Chanyeol repeats, setting a knee on the bed, "stop overthinking. You start rambling when you think too much, and it's really annoying."

"But you're rambling right now, too."

"Yeah, and?"

Baekhyun gives him a lopsided frown. "So, stop rambling, and I'll stop rambling, too."

"You first."

In all seriousness, it would be nice for Baekhyun to shut up about certain things, like the whole moving ... But Chanyeol knows that it's just his way for dealing with it.

But still... .

Taking in a deep breath, Baekhyun slumps his shoulders and falls back on the bed. The motion of the mattress disturbs Salem from his mini nap. After a few seconds, he hops off the bed and trots over to the window.

Replacing Salem's spot, Chanyeol takes all of their work off the bed and sets them all down on the floor. "Are you thinking about it again?"

"Yes."

"It's going to happen whether or not you have a bad passport picture, you know." Chanyeol lies down next to him after clearing the bed. Then, he follows Baekhyun's gaze at the ceiling. "We still have nine other things on that dumb list of yours."

Baekhyun turns his face to the side and gives the gangster the boo boo lip. "You think it's dumb?"

"That's not—" Chanyeol gives an exasperated sigh before turning his whole body over to face the brunet next to him. "You know what I mean."

"Yeah," Baekhyun says, raising his brows. "Dumb."

"It's not dumb," Chanyeol backtracks.

"But you said—"

Reaching forward, Chanyeol covers the brunet's mouth with his hand. "I already told you. We're going to take it one step at a time. You're coming home for winter break, anyways, so we'll see each other during the holidays. That's like, what? A couple of months from now?"

Baekhyun wraps his fingers around Chanyeol's wrist and frees his mouth. "I know! But that doesn't mean I can't still feel sad about it." He lets go. "I mean, I'll miss you, but I'll also miss Salem... and Jongdae, Myeonnie, Sehunnie, Jonginnie... Even the psychic one, maybe. I don't know!"

"And for a second there, I thought I was special."

"You are!" Baekhyun argues. "You're the only I've ever put in my mouth!"

Chanyeol inhales sharply as he quickly covers the runt's mouth again. "Can you shut up? Your parents are downstairs, ."

Again, Baekhyun shakes him off. "Well, it's true—" He successfully swats away Chanyeol's hand when it nears him again. "It really is the only one."

"Right." Chanyeol snorts. "Like you weren't ready to give Junmyeon some head when he invited you over to his stupid mansion?"

"I only wanted to give him my ity, not a head," Baekhyun says, correcting him. "Where would I even find a head, hm? Exactly! You can't! But you know what you can give? Bussy—or whatever Junmyeonnie said. I forgot."

Chanyeol narrows his eyes at him. "I can't tell if you're just ing with me."

The runt rolls his eyes.

He ROLLS his eyes.

It's probably a habit he learned from the gangster.

"We've never even had the f-word, so no. I'm not." Baekhyun pokes the giant on the chest. "But that doesn't matter because you're still the most special one to me... Also, you're like, my first boyfriend and I love you... so just, I don't know. Let me be sad about it."

Chanyeol looks away for a moment before looking back at the runt. "If it makes you feel any better, you're my first boyfriend, too, runt."

Baekhyun smiles. "I know."

The gangster really hates it when the runt smiles...

Mainly because it just (kind of) makes him love him even more, but he also knows that getting attached to someone who's leaving in a few weeks is only going to hurt in the end...

"I'm, like... your first bussy, huh?"

The word pulls Chanyeol out of his thoughts.

Chanyeol opens his mouth but stops himself just short of lecturing the brunet. He takes a second before he closes his eyes and rubs the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"Babe."

"Mhm?"

Chanyeol pauses. "What did Junmyeon tell you a 'bussy' was?"

"A boy who has a cat." Baekhyun points at Salem over at the window. "Like that."

Biting down on the inside of his cheek, Chanyeol stops himself from saying anything sarcastic. He gets to the point instead. "That's not what it means."

"What is it, then?"

Rolling his eyes (he really needs to break this habit since it's rubbing off on the runt), Chanyeol reaches a hand over Baekhyun's waist, running it down until his fingers touch the place where they need to be through the brunet's pajamas.

It makes Baekhyun's face turn red... which is kind of cute (and—lowkey—a turn on).

"Oh..."

"Exactly."

Just as the gangster starts pulling his hand away, Baekhyun reaches back and stops him by  holding it in place. Neither one says anything for a while until Baekhyun blurts out, "Is that what ing feels like!?"

Chanyeol's taken aback. "No—"

It's definitely not. But it doesn't stop the blush from taking over the gangster's entire face.

"I mean, maybe. It might end up feeling... wider— I don't ing know."

.

"Point of the matter is, it's not a ing boy with a cat!"

"Right... It's just the ing!"

Luckily, the gangster's saved by a familiar knock on the bedroom door.

Dinner's finally ready.

 


A/n: Rambles

Leave a vote and a comment!! What's the cutest love story you've ever heard? ;o;

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )

Insta: @.exobubz