A Princess and the Papaya Curse

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol's a gangster and he's a part-time villager.

 


 

The next day at school, Sehun notices the mosquito bites on Baekhyun's neck and suggests an After Bite Soothing Cream.

He tells Chanyeol the same thing.

 


 

The gangsters get really good seats for play on Saturday--only because its first-come-first-serve and Chanyeol told the other two to be there thirty minutes early or he'd ing beat them up. It's not that he wanted good seats. 

The gangster just wants the seats nearest to the stage emergency exit for safety purposes.

The play is the typical same old . Chanyeol doesn't really know what's going on between the zombie dwarves returning back to life or Jessica screaming on stage before falling into a coma after eating a poisoned papaya. The only interesting thing is when Baekhyun comes on stage, but the little runt doesn't have any lines which confuses the gangster since he'd been practicing all week.

After Jessica faints on the floor, the curtains close and the drama teacher announces a short intermittence break (in case anyone wants to pee). It's been a good hour and a half, and Baekhyun's scenes aren't cutting it enough to be that interesting.

Sehun gets up from his seat and stretches while Jongin looks over the play pamphlet. "This play's actually kind of funny."

Chanyeol says nothing (but he kinda agrees). 

The break's supposed to be a quick ten minutes so Chanyeol gets up to go to the restroom. Not wanting to stay there by themselves, Jongin and Sehun follow. As they're walking through the community theater lobby, a familiar (but unwelcomed) face makes their way over to the gang of three.

Junmyeon walks out of the restroom, struggling to zip his Gucci pants back up. Thinking his was just too big at the moment, he leaves it alone. 

Chanyeol scowls. "The are you doing here?"

Glancing up, Junmyeon looks surprised, but he's quick to smile. "I'm just here to enjoy a school play about a magic papaya. What's it called again? 'Magic Papaya Princess'?"

It's really annoying how Chanyeol knows that's not the title-- only because Baekhyun's been reciting the ing title all week.

"It's called 'A Princess and the Papaya Curse', you ing idiot." 

Rolling his eyes, Junmyeon snorts. He doesn't care about papayas. 

"I don't care about papayas." Crossing his arms together, Junmyeon throws the gangster a grin. "I'm here because Baekhyun told me to come. I think he wants to get back together."

"When the hell did you even talk to him?" Last thing that Chanyeol remembers about Junmyeon is that he blocked him on his runt's cell phone. 

"I called him," Junmyeon replies nonchalantly as he pulls out a phone from his back pocket. "My calls weren't going through so I just, you know. Bought a new phone and a new number."

ing rich people.

"Anyways, if you don't mind, I have to go to the snack bar. Jina wants her M&M's. I can't miss my boyfriend's kiss scene after the break because of you losers." Junmyeon doesn't wait to hear what the gangster has to say, speedwalking over to the concession stand to wait in line like the rest of the audiences who got hungry.

The word 'kiss' has Chanyeol frozen in place. Sehun doesn't notice so he taps their boss on the shoulder and says, "I'm gonna go first and use the restroom."

Jongin follows him, not wanting to be alone with the annoyed gangster. Unlike Sehun, he saw the way Chanyeol looked when he realized that Baekhyun would have to kiss somebody.

While the two are gone, Chanyeol can feel himself being more anxious. None told him that the Papaya Prince would end up having to kiss the Papaya Princess and break the Papaya curse... 

And why didn't his runt say anything about a ing kiss? The little idiot can beg for cuddles and ask if he can touch his , but he can't tell him that he's going to kiss Papaya Princess? As his first kiss? 

 


 

When Sehun and Jongin come out of the restroom, they find Chanyeol gone, so they go back inside the theater, thinking that he just went back without them.

He didn't.

 


 

Scene 17

Inside Papaya Princess' Palace

Sad violin music plays. The PRINCESS is in a papaya coma on her bed. It's dark and gloomy.  Even the dead dwarves are sad as they watch the PRINCESS sleep peacefully in her bed. The door creaks open, and the PRINCE steps inside, shocked and distraught. He moves to her side.

PRINCE: (dramatically sad) Oh, lord! That wicked beast has tricked my love with that damned fruit!

The PRINCE weeps on the princess. He cries, heartbroken.

PRINCE: What shall I do? The kingdom and my heart has lost the princess...

The dwarves sniffle.

PRINCE: All has been lost to me!

The PRINCE raises his head off the bed and wipes a tear. He inches closer to the sleeping princess' lips.

PRINCE: I will never feel the soft touch of her lips against mine again! Oh, the agony! My love... I--

 


 

Sehun and Jongin gasp when they see Chanyeol burst through the cardboard door of Papaya Princess' Palace. He's dressed like a villager from the play.

Baekhyun's eyes are wide open, both with excitement and confusion. He doesn't know what to do, but the drama teacher did tell him that if anything goes wrong, do some slight improv.

"Don't you dare kiss her!" Chanyeol points at the prince. "She ate the poisoned Papaya. You're going to get a disease!"

Glancing down, Baekhyun can see that Jessica has opened her eyes, confused by why a villager is in her room. 

Baekhyun stands up, putting a hand gently on Jessica's head. "I don't like her. I love her. She's my princess!"

"And what about all the times you asked me to kiss you?" Chanyeol crosses his arms. "I thought you said you wanted me to be your first kiss?"

Baekhyun momentarily breaks from the character. "I do!" he says, but then catches himself. "I-I mean, I don't!"

The audience gasps.

The prince likes boys. 

Particularly, village boys.

"We mustn't argue about this," Baekhyun says, looking back at Jessica who's trying to keep her eyes closed. "I have to wake the princess with my kiss."

Taking in a deep breath, Baekhyun starts to lean over to kiss Jessica on the lips, but just before they make any contact, the villager grabs him by the collar and yanks him away.

"You'd rather kiss a princess in a coma instead of me?" 

"No!" Baekhyun gapes at him. "I mean, I have to save the kingdom. I... I love her."

"But you can't kiss her when I like you, idiot."

The audience awws. Even Jessica's facial expression seems to wobble underneath all that coma.

"You what...?" Baekhyun asks, almost in a whisper. He clears his throat. "Villagers... can't talk to royalty like this. I'll have you, um.. I'll have you banished."

Chanyeol snorts before he leans forward, putting a hand underneath the prince's chin to keep him steady. "I don't mind if you kiss people during plays, runt," he says quietly, enough for Baekhyun to hear, "but make sure it's not your first." 

It lasts for three seconds, but it's the softest three seconds that Baekhyun has ever felt on his lips. His cheeks turns pink and he can feel them heating up, even as the villager pulls away. 

He wants to do it again. 

And again. 

And again...

Chanyeol can see the eagerness in Baekhyun's eyes, but forces the runt in Jessica's direction instead. As he backs away, he points at the prince and out to the audience. "Broke thy heart and, uh, I shall leave Papaya land's lies and deceit. I bid thee cheating prince good-bye."

"Wait, villager!" Baekhyun frowns. Then he softly asks, "Am I really a cheater?"

Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol subtly shakes his head before announcing to the audience, "I shall no longer waste thy time waiting for thee. Uh... bye."

The Prince's secret low-class lover exits the stage, leaving Baekhyun at a loss. 

One of the dead dwarves coughs, telling him to kiss Jessica and end the scene.

"Oh... Um, yes! Ah... Princess, where was I?" He can barely speak. The feel of Chanyeol's lips is still lingering. "Ah, yes..."

Baekhyun leans forward, doing exactly what the drama teacher taught him to do during rehearsals: hover over Jessica's lips and do a pretend 'kiss'.

"Mwah!" He exaggerates the sound of puckered lips as the show must go on. "I give to thee, Papaya Princess... true love's 'first' kiss."

 


a/n: hewo i have plans planned :) also, pls give A Princess and the Papaya Curse good ratings on RottenTomatoes.

Leave a vote and a comment! :D Or else you're just another papaya bxtch

Twitter

Ko-Fi (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )