Call Me (Your) Baby

Think About It

The senior year school trip was coming and, for once, Chanyeol's kind of excited for it. He tries not to let Baekhyun bother him too much about it, but it was useless. In the end, he sometimes finds himself walking the runt home from school.

"Do you want to be my roommate?" Baekhyun asks, as bubbly as ever. He wants the gangster to say yes. "It's only fitting."

"What do you mean it's only fitting?"

"Well, you're my boyfriend."

"You told your mom I was just a friend. So, which one is it?"

Pursing his lips, Baekhyun puffs his cheeks. "I was embarrassed," he says softly. "I've never had a boyfriend before."

"And you still don't," Chanyeol retorts.

"Hmmm..." 

Baekhyun thinks he's being sly about things, but Chanyeol's not as stupid as he looks. It's pretty obvious that the runt's trying to hold his hand. How many times could their hands "accidentally" touch while walking? 

There were times where it could've been coincidence, but Chanyeol's not blind either.  He can see the way Baekhyun sticks his tongue out of the corner of his mouth as if he's trying super hard to make their fingers slide together.

But still... Chanyeol plays it dumb anyways.

"So... If you don't want to be my roommate, who are you going to sleep with?"

"Probably Jongin. Maybe Sehun."

"Ah... Your only two friends, huh?"

Chanyeol stops walking, making Baekhyun miss his hand. Again. "I have other friends, too, you idiot."

"Well, I don't see them--"

"That's because they don't go to our school!" Chanyeol groans, rolling his eyes. "Anyways, I'm probably not even going to go on the trip. You're going to be there so I already know it'll be annoying--"

"Hey!" Baekhyun says, taking offense to the subliminal insult--for once. "I beat you during a fight once, you know. At least respect me a little. Stop calling me annoying and start calling me.... Oh! From now on, refer to me as 'honey' or 'baby'."

Chanyeol doesn't know how he should react to the scolding. "Honey!? Baby!?" he cries out loudly. "I'm about to vomit!"

They reach Baekhyun's house, but that's not enough to make Baekhyun drop the conversation just yet. This time, he grabs Chanyeol right hand and jams their fingers together like they've always belonged that way. 

"Fine. If you won't start doing it, I'll do it first!"

At this point, Chanyeol's too startled to react the way he usually does. Instead, he's frozen. "What the hell are you doing?"

Without skipping a beat, Baekhyun does what he does best and ignores the gangster's question.

"Honey," the brunet starts, sweetly saying it as if he's singing a soft, sweet tune. Chanyeol's almost shaking. "Thank you for walking me home again~"

"Listen, you little runt--"

"Baby~" Baekhyun says, raising their hands up together until Chanyeol's fingers  are pressed against the brunet's pink cheeks. "Walk home safe, okay? Call me when you get home...baby~"

Chanyeol rips his hand away, instantly (kind of) missing the little stump's warm hand. "Stop it."

"Only if you call me baby."

"Then die waiting."

Baekhyun gasps. "'Til death do us part already? I mean, I guess!"

"That's not what I--"

Out of nowhere (though Chanyeol really should be used to it), Baekhyun hugs him with both arms before hurrying towards the front gate of his house. "See you tomorrow, baby! I'll let Salem know you dropped me off safely!"

Baekhyun enters his home and shuts the door, leaving Chanyeol outside to deal with his sad, lonely hand.


twitter

ko-fi (if you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! ヽ( ̄~ ̄ )ノ )