Farewell

Bad Business

JEEZ!“

 

All of your belongings were falling, no rolling and crushing down the stairs, when you were about to run outside of the house, wanting to reach the car just in time. You were already late. Late for the best thing that could have happen in your entire life.

But first of all you were late – just as always. Plus, clumsy as you were, you had lost all your things on the way out.

 

Hurry up, girl!“, your stepfather told you angrily, waiting in front of the main door while impatiently tipping his foot at the ground, his arms crossed and with a strict expression on his face.

 

Your sister was already sitting in the car watching how you were collecting everything.

When you finally entered the car, everything placed in the back nicely, you leaned forwards between the two seats in the front.

 

When is she coming?“, you asked excitedly.

 

She's not coming today. I'm sorry. She's gotta work.“, your sister answered and cleared .

 

Ahhhh....!!! Seriously? I'm leaving for South Korea today, not planning on coming back in the near future and my own mother can't even bid me farewell?“

 

You threw yourself back at your seat and heavily breathed out in disappointment.

 

So typical....“

 

At Frankfurt Airport you had to hurry as hell because you were already late. Your stepfather and your sister tried to help you as much as possible and you were very thankful but there was just time for a short goodbye before you left for the departure area.

 

I can't believe that you're gonna be a celebrity in Korea...“, your sister mentioned just by looking at you.

 

You were dressed up in joggers, looking quite messy, your hands hidden in your pockets, your hair made together in an easy bun.

 

...but don't lose your too easily!“, she still added.

 

What the-?!“, you responsed indignantly.

 

Your sister couldn't help but starting laughing. „I'm just kidding, I know you're a forever alone , so don't keep your hopes up too high~!“

 

There was no answer to be given, so you just pouted and started laughing yourself. You two had always been joking like this. You would probably miss this the most. Since forever your sister had been like your best friend. So even though you've never been a friend of farewells and did not even tell your friends you would depart today, you asked your sister to accompany you to the airport. And here she was, smiling proudly, doing her best to hide her sadness.

 

Enough of this, you have to hurry otherwise you'll miss the flight!“, your stepfather reminded you and quickly hugged you.

 

Be careful and don't do stupid things!“

 

Never~!“, you promised and then began the maybe longest march of your life.

 

You could not deny that you were really afraid of what could happen in the future but as well you were quite excited. To be honest you would have never expected your life to be like this. You had thought you would spend the most of your time at university from now, studying Korean or Japanese Studies, hoping to get there one day....maybe.

But the higher powers had thought a different way for you to follow.

 

Weeks ago you had attended an online audition because you had always loved singing, dancing and performing in front of others. Not to mention, you loved korean language and culture...and of course: K-Pop.

Noone had believed that you could really make it because you were not even korean but a mix of thai and german. Your whole life you had thought of yourself as a lone duckling because you neither belonged to one of these ethnic groups but your exotic but still very asian looks turned out to be all you needed to get into Kpop industry...beside some dancing and singing skills of course.

 

The last years you had put so much effort into learning korean, singing and dancing...and finally got rewarded with the best you could ever get. An invitation. The honest promise you would work under a real korean entertainment.

 

SM Entertainment.

 

Your happy humming was filling the air, making some of the other passengers watching you irritatedly. Thousands and thousands of thoughts were crossing your mind, making your heart bump faster and faster.

 

Which group was it you would end up in? And would you have the chance to get to know your biases? Hopefully, you would!

 

And with this joy and excitement you were entering the airplane, being ready to face a 12 hours flight which was the last thing dividing you from your dream.

 

Being an idol.