Chapter 26 - November comes, she goes...

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[TWICE Dorm…November 1, 20XX]

Erika was in TWICE’s dorm because it was her bias wrecker’s birthday. Jeongyeon invited her to their dorm, because TWICE and her had been friends ever since Erika had debuted. They became close, due to the fact that Erika is such a huge ONCE.

“So, I heard you’re going to have a comeback soon.” Jihyo said, handing another cup of fruit punch for her. “Repackage?”

“Yeah, with a little documentary about my stay in Sae Young.” Erika said with a chuckle.

“Well, how is your stay in Sae Young?”

“Good. Actually, I’m really having fun there. Remember the girls I’ve brought here before? They’re my unit members and I think we have great chemistry together.”

“But your parents don’t want that, right?” Jeongyeon joined in, sitting infront of Erika.

“Yeah…” Erika answered with a sad smile. “If mom knows about this, she’ll probably fly from US to here in a heartbeat just to drag me out of Sae Young.”

“I could totally picture her doing that.” Nayeon commented as she sat on Jeongyeon’s lap. “Mrs. Kim can be really…”

“Overbearing?”

“I was going to say impulsive. But yeah, that works too.”

Erika chuckled and shook her head. “Joking aside, I’m pretty sure she’ll sue Sae Young for ‘ruining’ my solo career by letting me in a unit.”

“And will probably take you away from those girls.”

“They’re kind of funny, though.” Sana said as she passed by. “And pretty.”

“But they’re not good enough to fit Mrs. Kim’s standard.” Tzuyu muttered, grabbing Sana’s cup before sitting infront of the TV.

“That’s my juice, Tzuyu-ya!” Sana whined as she ran towards Tzuyu and tackled her down.

“Be careful of the carpet, geez.”

Jihyo looked at the two and sighed before looking at Erika apologetically. “I apologize in SaTzu’s behalf. You know how they act off-stage, right?”

“Yeah. I’m used to them, Jihyo unnie. Don’t worry.” Erika said with a wink.

“But seriously though, your mom will not be happy about your little group. I mean, we support you seeing how happy you are with them. But your mom? I don’t think so.”

Erika chuckled bitterly and shook her head. “I get it. She hates the idea. But she doesn’t know about it yet, so would you be kind enough to keep it a secret from her?”

“Ofcourse, we got you.” Dahyun interrupted, coming out from the maknae room just to wink at Erika when she says it, making Erika laugh. She was about to thank them when her phone received a message. She opened and read it.

“I got to go. Anika’s asking for me to come home.” Erika stood up. “Thanks for having me here, I’ll come back soon. Happy Birthday, Jeongyeon unnie.” she kissed Jeongyeon’s cheeks before walking out of the dorm.

[Sae Young Dormitories]

As soon as Erika entered the dorm, she was greeted with a dark room with only neon lights lighting the place. The whole room was decorated with halloween-themed decorations, skeletons, ghosts and etc. were gazing at Erika but she couldn’t find her roommates.

“Anika? Jeril? Lei?” she called out as she approached the kitchen, but the girls weren’t there. “Guys, come out now.” she walked to the living room and sat down at the couch.

As soon as she sat down on the couch, the TV and played a horror movie. ‘Great, they’re playing with me.’ Erika thought and chuckled. Instead of calling out her friends, she just sat there and watched the movie. She knows sooner or later, they’ll come out.

And she was right. When a scary scene appeared, she heard someone screamed from the bathroom. ‘So that’s where they’re hiding. I should have known.’

“Seriously, come out now and watch the movie with me here. I’m not scared, you know.”

One by one, the three members walked out of the bathroom with pouts on their faces…well, except for Jeril, that girl was chuckling at Anika and Lei’s failed surprise.

“What’s going on?” Erika asked in her leader tone, though she wasn’t mad. She was just pretending to be. And with that, Jeril stopped chuckling.

“W-We just wanted to surprise you.”

“Y-Yeah…Happy Halloween?”

“And the three of you are in this together? To surprise me?” she hadn’t let go of her leader tone yet, having fun watching the girls thought she’s mad as a payback for the surprise.

“The two of them planned it. I just…helped make it happen, because I don’t want the dorm room to be a mess when you get back from…somewhere.” Jeril defended.

“You do know that’s not going to spare you, Jeon.” the room stayed silent before Lei said…

“You’re not mad.”

“Yes, I am not.”

“WHAT? Why would you fool us?” Jeril exclaimed. “We were terrified, you know.”

“I’m sorry. It’s your fault for doing this behind my back. Though, I must say that you did a pretty good job for this. Considering the fact that you only did it earlier when I left to attend Jeongyeon unnie’s birthday.” Erika said with a chuckle as she stood up from the couch and looked around.

“You’re a meanie.” Lei pouted, making Erika chuckled before ruffling her head.

“I’m sorry, baby. I was just paying you back. And now that it’s done, let’s party.” Erika got her phone and started to play some music. It was sembreak and almost all of the dorm students had went home to visit their relatives that had already passed away.

Erika and Lei had stayed since they don’t have any relative to visit, while Anika and Jeril stayed because they don’t want to go back to their own country.

The dormitories was almost empty so they were given the chance to party. Some other jocks had also thrown parties on their own, but Erika refused to attend them cause she went to Jeongyeon’s birthday and now, her members had a surprise Halloween Party for her.

The students were coming back tomorrow so, they danced to whatever song Erika’s phone was playing. They had a dance battle and suddenly, the song changed into a slow one.

“I don’t think that’s a party song.”

“Must be a mess-up, I’ll change it.” Lei was about to get Erika’s phone when the latter held her hand and pulled her close. “U-Uhh, unnie, what are you doing?”

“There’s no need to change the song, let’s just dance to it.” Erika answered, showing her eyesmile to the maknae. Lei just chuckled and slowdanced with Erika.

“Well, Chase. Aren’t you going to ask me?”

“I won’t.” Jeril muttered before she pulled Anika closer to her and started dancing. “I’m not a gentleman, you know. I mean, gentlewoman.” she winked, causing Anika to laugh.

They slowdanced until the song end, and it was the end of Erika’s playlist. They stopped after that to watch a horror movie marathon, requested by Kim Erika Dane.

“I shouldn’t have agreed to this.”

“It’s your fault for playing a horror movie in the first place.”

“That was to scare you.” Anika pouted while Erika just struck her tongue out before sitting in the couch. Knowing that she couldn’t do anything, she also sat down beside Jeril.

“Scared?”

“Do you really need to ask when you already know the answer?”

“I’m being nice. I was going to offer my hand, but nevermind.” Jeril turned to face the movie but she felt Anika grabbed her hand. She faced Anika again and smirked.

“I am scared, now let me hold your hand.” Jeril didn’t argue and let Anika hold her hand.

On the other side of the couch, Lei was snuggling in Erika’s shoulder whenever she got scared. Erika doesn’t mind and enjoyed the movies. That is until she felt that Lei’s head stayed on the crook of her neck where she realized that the maknae had fallen asleep.

She looked at Jeril and Anika and saw that they were fast asleep too. Anika had her head on Jeril’s shoulder while Jeril’s head was leaning on Anika’s. Seeing that, Erika turned the TV off.

As she was about to close her eyes, she felt her phone vibrate. She put it on vibrate earlier so no one would disturb their movie marathon. But she knew her entertainment had nothing scheduled for her until November 11, so who could this be?

She got her phone from her pocket and read the message. One sentence was enough to cause Erika’s heartbeat to panic erratically. It’s a message from her mother saying…

 

‘Get on a plane and come home.’

======================================================================