Chapter 18 - Solution to the Problem

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young Dormitories…September 21, 20XX]

For the past days, Jeril and Anika did avoid the other two. They didn’t seems to notice or even if they did notice, they didn’t say anything about it.

Their search for Lee Siyeon was still on-going. They couldn’t find him anywhere, either he’s good at hiding or he’s good at running away from them. But Jeril won’t stop until she makes sure that he wouldn’t be able to touch her members.

Anika and Jeril were now discussing about their next plan in catching that bastard Siyeon.

“How about we report to the police so that they will make a manhunt?”

“Are you sure the police will believe a couple of kids?”

“You’re right. So, what do you think we should do?”

“How about we beat someone up and ask them about Siyeon?”

“No. If we do that, we’re the one going in jail.”

“Well, I don’t have any ideas. I only rely on my fists to do the work.”

“I wouldn’t even be surprised if one day you’ll decide to become a boxer instead.”

“That could actually happen.” Jeril muttered with a chuckle.

“Joking aside, do you still not want to become an idol?”

“Hmm…actually, I think I had change my mind somewhere along the way. If being an idol means being with you guys more, then I guess I don’t mind.”

“Yeah. You’re really talented and it’ll be a waste if you won’t become an idol.”

“Thanks. Anyways, let’s go back planning our strategy. How about we--” Jeril was cut off when the door opened and Erika entered together with Lei, both were holding something.

“We got a plan, Jeon.”

“Thank God.” Anika stated but then realized…”Wait…YOU TWO KNEW?”

“That you’re keeping a secret from us? A secret that we should have known sooner? A secret about Jeril receiving a blackmail note from a gangster named Lee Siyeon? Yeah, we knew.”

“And we don’t have to catch Lee Siyeon, all we have to do is have him catch one of us. Ofcourse, with a tracking device. Then, we will contact the police to the location but we need to make sure that they’re doing something bad to have them arrested.”

“I was thinking about something illegal, like drugs, but President Panda shot it down.”

“I’m glad you did.” Anika muttered, making Lei smiled.

“That was a good idea, Choi.”

“Not at all.”

“Anyways…” Lei interrupted. “We changed the drugs into a fight. Ked unnie said that she’ll get us off the hook with the police using her great acting skills.”

“That’s right, I’ll act like it’s self defense. They’ll believe me because I’m famous.”

“No doubt on that.”

“But if it’s just a fight, they’ll be off after a 24-hour in the jail or just a warning. But if we make sure that they’ll have weapons, they could be given a probation and will have to stay away from the streets or alleys.”

“That’s a great plan, but is it solid?”

“Oh, absolutely. We’ve got everything we need here.” Lei raised what she’s holding to prove Erika’s point. “All we need to do now is to make sure that Siyeon will kidnap one of us.”

“Additional points for their time in jail.”

“Yeah. And I was hoping that it’ll be Anika.”

“WHAT?” Jeril and Anika exclaimed at the same time. “No way!”

“It has to be her, Jeon.”

“Why me?”

“Lei will go to the police to report the disturbance on my signal, me and Jeril will be at the scene first to create the disturbance but you need to be there so it’ll be like a rescue plan.”

“Anika could be the one going to the police station.”

“But there’s more chances that the police will believe Lei if she’ll go to the police station.”

“You’re agreeing in this?”

“Yeah. I mean, Lei could show her Council President badge to the police and they’ll believe her immediately because of our school reputation. If it’s me, I’m just an ordinary student.”

“I don’t want to harm any of you, especially Anika.”

“I would love to volunteer to be kidnapped but I think fighting gangsters would cause more harm to Anika, Jeril.”

Jeril thought about it for awhile before nodding. “You’re right. They could have weapons.”

“That’s right. And I’m sure that they wouldn’t hurt Anika when she’s being held hostage. You don’t have anything to worry about, I planned it very carefully and Lei reviewed it.”

“They were flaws at first, but now it’s solid. We could really catch Lee Siyeon with this, I’m sure of it.”

“You should trust them, Chase. It’s time for you to trust people, except me.”

“It’s not that I don’t trust them, I just don’t want to see you guys get hurt.”

“We won’t.” Erika stated with her serious face to convince Jeril. “I promise you, it’ll be fine.”

“Alright, then. Let’s go with this plan. If this failed, I’ll beat every gangsters in Seoul just to find that bastard.”

“Yeah, and I’ll be there to help you with that. Trust me, I got your back.”

“4D stays together, we’ll always have each others’ back. Don’t worry, Jeril unnie.”

Jeril smiled at them before nodding her head. “So, where do we begin?”

“Preparing Anika…”

Anika pointed at herself with a questioning look. “Me?”

“Yes, unnie. Turn around, we’ll prepare you.”

Anika turned around and felt Erika and Lei putting something in her arm and feet. They also put something above her heart, probably to monitor her heartbeat. They put the same one for her forehead and gave her an earpiece.

“Wear this leather jacket tomorrow.” Erika instructed, handing a jacket to Anika. “It’s bulletproof and hard enough to stop a knife from penetrating you.”

“This jeans will help you feel lighter, in case you need to run.” Lei informed while holding a jeans. “Plus with this sneakers, you’ll be able to run fast without knowing it.” she added, handing a pair of sneakers to Anika.

“You guys really thought this out, didn’t you?”

“Yeah, we had a lot of time to plan about this.”

“Since when did you know about our secret?”

“Since day one.” Erika answered. “Lei and I kept it a secret because you two were so cute.”

“CUTE? US?”

“Uh-huh. I had always known that something was wrong but was hoping that you’d tell us yourself but since we heard it by eavesdropping, we wanted to have fun.”

“SHE wanted to have fun.” Lei corrected. “And it wasn’t really eavesdropping. We just happen to hear it when Anika unnie confronted Jeril unnie about the pictures.”

“I see. Well, thanks for helping even though we kept it from you.”

“Nah, we didn’t mind. Right, President?”

“Not at all. Actually, we felt a little guilty hearing that Anika unnie thought that she could only stick with you because Ked unnie and I are always together.”

“I didn’t mean it that way, Lei.”

“No, it’s cool. We wanted to say sorry if you felt that way. We’re all bestfriend. It’s not just Lei and me or you and Jeril, it’s 4D. 4D means the four of us, as one family.”

“And it just happens that you and Lei are the parents of our little family?” Jeril teased with a smirk, and Erika answered her with a scoff.

“Glad to have the real Jeon Jeril Chase back.”

“I’m back. And now, let’s catch this bastard.”

==========================================================================