002

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

“Hyung,” Mark spoke as he stepped into the room, they were inside Taeyong’s private office.

“Why’d you leave? We were having a great time.” He said.

“I thought it would get a little better.” Taeyong said, Mark paused and he exhaled.

“Did she mention me?”

Mark looked away, Taeyong went back to his seat and sat down.

“She doesn’t want to see me.” He said quietly.

“Hyung, I’m sure noona’s just~”

“I know; she can’t forgive me. And it’s okay. How is she?” Taeyong looked at his youngest sibling.

“I told her she’d be staying here, she didn’t object.” Mark nodded as he sat down on one of the leather couches.

“How was her flight?”

“One guy kept on bothering on her on the plane,” Mark started, Taeyong paused and he looked up from his computer.

“But noona handled it well.” Mark smiled proudly.

“Taeri starts school next week, help her out.” Taeyong spoke.

“Hyung, will you two not make up? Ever?” Mark asked, his eyes were on his sibling. Taeyong bit his lip and faced the windows again.

“I’d do anything for us to be normal again, Minhyung. You know that. But, Taeri hates me so much.”

“Still, it wasn’t your~”

“I’d rather she blame me for that, she doesn’t have to know.”

 

 

“I don’t understand, why are they not on good terms?” Lucas asked as he followed Doyoung into the club, loud music immediately greeted them.

“It happened a long time ago and I am in no position to talk about it.”

Lucas rolled his eyes at the older male, he glanced behind him, Jungwoo and Johnny were chatting as they made their way to their private booth.

As they passed, people would step aside to make way for them, they were already known within the area, and these people somehow already had an idea who the young males were. Despite their good looks and good backgrounds, it was common knowledge who they were and what they could do.

Doyoung sat down by the bar, his eyes scanned the area. Club goers were getting wild on the dance floor, he smirked and shook his head.

“Is it Seungkang’s group again?” Lucas asked in a bored tone as he picked up a drink off the bar.

“Yeah, we need to watch out for them again.”

Lucas snorted and sat down beside the male, his eyes went to the entrance doors.

His brows rose as a young lady stepped in, she was dressed in a loose black mini dress that just brushed her thighs, she had on a pair of knee length velvet boots and her dark hair was down to her shoulders.

“That~”

“They’re here.” Doyoung stood up and grabbed his arm, Lucas followed the older male.

 

 

Taeri checked her phone again, Jungwoo messaged her to come to Onyx, and she couldn’t find him. And she had a dislike for noisy places that was filled with sweaty bodies. She made her way down to the bar, she heard someone whistle at her and she ignored it.

“Is Jungwoo here?” She spoke to the bartender, the male stared at her skeptically, she sighed before showing the small tattoo on her middle finger.

The male’s eyes widened as he recognized that marking, he set aside the drink he was making.

“He’s upstairs, the private room, agasshi.”

Taeri nodded, she walked away from the bar and paused when she noticed the commotion on the dance floor.

“You think you can kick me out here? You don’t own this place.” The male spat, she approached the crowd and recognized Doyoung.

“Well, if only you followed rules, we wouldn’t have to. Now scram.” Doyoung spoke to him, the male chuckled, then two tall males appeared behind him.

“Make me, rich boy.” He taunted, Doyoung smirked at him.

“Are you really going to do this? You’ll just embarrass yourself.” The male beside Doyoung spoke, Taeri paused.

“Is he new?” She murmured, then the male raised his hands and grabbed Doyoung by the collar, the latter remained calm.

“I said make me, rich boy.” He challenged him.

Lucas was about to step in when a girl hopped towards them, he halted.

“That suit is Versace, ahjussi.” She hummed, the crowd grew quiet.

“The music. Turn it off.” She spoke, the music was immediately cut off. People were staring at her, Lucas looked at Doyoung questioningly, but he was already smiling.

“Why don’t you let go of rich boy and let’s settle this?” She offered as she boldly walked up to him. Lucas was about to reach for her, but Seungkang let go Doyoung, his eyes were already on the pretty female.

“And just who might you be? One of the mafia’s girls?” He said to her, Taeri started to smile back at him, refusing to step back as he occupied her personal space.

“What do you think?”

Seungkang smiled before grabbing her arm.

“He’s going to die.” Doyoung muttered, Lucas grew confused. Then before he could react, Seungkang suddenly toppled over on the floor while groaning in pain.

“Everyone here is just trying to have a good time and you’re being a kill joy.” Taeri chuckled, as the male writhed in pain while clutching on his groin area.

The crowd started to laugh, Seungkang was glaring at her.

“You ! I will make you pay!”

His two goons were about to grab her, but they were blocked by Johnny and Jungwoo.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Johnny nodded, Lucas grabbed Seungkwan by the collar and yanked him up.

“Well, it’s time to take the trash out. Good work, boys.” The girl spoke again before taking out something from her purse, Lucas watched as the girl threw the car key to Jungwoo.

He finally realized who she was and why she was so bold facing a gangster.

“Lee Taeri!” Doyoung chuckled before wrapping the girl in a warm hug.

 

 

“I didn’t know you still did that.” Taeri said as they walked in the private room, Johnny patted the seat next to his.

“We do it routinely, sometimes it’s just Jungwoo or Lucas. Your brother too.” Doyoung stated.

“Lucas?” She repeated, her eyes went to the stranger in the room.

“This is Lucas. Wong Yukhei.” Johnny nodded to her, Taeri’s brows rose up.

“Wong.” She repeated.

“Yeah, one of our partners in Hong Kong.” Jungwoo said, Lucas stretched his hand to her, Taeri smirked before shaking his offered hand.

“Taeri. Lee Taeri.” She said to him.

“Taeyong hyung’s headache?” He replied to her with a grin, Doyoung sent him a look.

“No, Lee Taeyong is the biggest thorn in my side. But yeah, that could be it.” She shrugged at him before sliding an empty glass towards him, Lucas caught it expertly. His brows rose questioningly.

“You’re younger than me aren’t you? Pour me a glass.” Taeri said haughtily, Lucas laughed.

“What year were you born, mafia princess?” He challenged her.

“Whoa, does he want to die?” Johnny whispered to Jungwoo.

“He loves risks, crazy fool.” Doyoung said to himself.

“I’m older than Mark, you?” Taeri crossed her legs, Lucas bit his lip but he smiled.

“I’m pouring you a drink then, your highness.” He said in a mocking tone. Taeri snorted before taking the drink from him.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++