008

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

“Having her around…it reminds me of the old days.” Jaehyun grinned as they stopped in front of the popular club, Doyoung shook his head at the male before sliding down the car. Jaehyun followed him.

“Taeyong hyung just wants to keep an eye on her, who know what will happen while we’re here.”

“Right,”

Doyoung glanced behind them just as their friends arrived, Taeyong slid down from his Maserati followed by Mark. Johnny and Yuta arrived seconds later.

“Hyungs.” Jungwoo was smiling as he approached them, Taeyong paused, his eyes went to the club again, his lips pursed.

“Why are you smiling? This isn’t exactly a festive moment.” Yuta mused, then they saw a familiar Bugatti arrive.

“Well, we should celebrate Lucas is still alive.” Jungwoo chuckled, Taeri slid down from the car, she was dressed just like them, all in black.

They watched as Lucas spoke to her, she shrugged at him and he snorted.

“Noona!” Mark waved her over, Taeri smiled as he reached him.

“We’re complete now. Let’s go.” Taeyong started to move forward, Taeri glanced at Lucas briefly.

“No, I am not handing you a bat. I don’t even have one.” He stated, Mark laughed.

“I just~”

“Taeri, you know where to stand.” Johnny intervened as they reached the doors, Taeri rolled her eyes and walked to the middle of the group, flanked by Mark and Jungwoo. Taeyong glanced behind him as he moved forward, they had this strange diamond-like formation that they agree upon. With him, Johnny and Yuta at the front, Jungwoo, Taeri and Mark behind them, while Doyoung and Lucas were at the back.

“I wanna have my nails done tomorrow, can you come with me?” She whispered to Jungwoo.

“Taeri~”

“Maybe after we take care of Gilbae.”

“I want French tips, Jungwoo. They’d look great~”

“Somebody hand her a bat.” Jungwoo sighed, Taeri smiled and just hooked arms with him.

 

 

The club grew silent as soon as the group came in, people stopped dancing and the music was cut off. Underneath the dim lights and stench of the alcohol, Taeyong’s eyes remained focused on the male sitting by the bar. He was the only one who remained calm and was still enjoying his drinks. He had two scantily dressed women draped all over him.

“Hmm, here to have a good time, young masters?” He spoke, his eyes went to Taeri.

“And young miss?” He his lips, Mark’s brows rose briefly.

“We’re here to ask some questions, Gilbae.” Taeyong took out a small plastic bag from his pocket, he tossed it across the room and it landed right at the man’s feet.

Taeri followed his gaze, it was a bag of , she glanced around her, people were starting back away from them. She bit her lip, her eyes went to the floor, she took a step back.

“Taeri,” Doyoung warned, she didn’t react, she took Doyoung and Lucas’s hand and pulled them forward.

“What~”

“Just stand close to me. I don’t exactly feel very safe here.” She murmured, Lucas threw her a confused look, she ignored him.

Doyoung smiled and just patted her head.

“You came here to enjoy a bag of coke with me?” Gilbae laughed, he dismissed his girls while remaining seated on his seat.

His goons started to appear from behind the bar, Taeri grew amused.

“How about you step closer, young master Taeyong so we can talk properly.” He said tauntingly, Taeyong’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

Johnny glanced at Yuta briefly as Taeyong started to move.

“Stop,” Taeri spoke, Taeyong halted, his eyes went to his sister as she started to move forward. Taeri was smiling as she passed by her brother.

“Hong Gilbae, hi.” Taeri said cheerfully as she stood in front of her older brother.

“Lee Taeri,” Gilbae’s eyes roamed up and down her body, Taeyong tensed.

“Can I join you for a drink?”

 

 

Lucas tensed as Taeri move forward, she was standing inches away from Gilbae and his goons.

“A drink? Sure, sure, come.” Gilbae reached for her hand, but Taeri started to move back, Taeyong stepped back to not collide against her.

“How about join me instead?” She asked, Gilbae paused, he was holding onto a margarita for her.

“Come, join me.” Taeri said there was something in her tone that made her brothers glance at each other.

“What now? A little dancing never killed anybody right?” Then she started to yank him by the collar, they could see that panic in Gilbae’s eyes as his goons tried to move forward, but it seemed like something was stopping them. Taeri chuckled before letting him go, she kicked Gilbae by the groin before taking a seat on one of the stools.

“Don’t you dare move.” She looked at Johnny, then before they could react a sack of bricks fell right on the stop where Taeyong was standing seconds ago, then it was followed by another one at the back, just inches away from where Lucas was positioned earlier.

“They set a trap. Smart.” Taeri commented before taking a sip from the margarita. Taeyong’s smirked appeared as he went after Gilbae who was still crawling away from them.

“You little ,” He stated as he picked him up, then chaos started.

Johnny and Yuta blocked the three males who were about to come up behind Taeyong, Mark picked up an empty bottle and tossed it to Jungwoo, the latter smiled before using it to strike one of Gilbae’s goons across the face. Doyoung caught one of his men who was trying to escape with the bag of , while Taeri spun her stool around to watch the fight.

“But, I’m smarter.” She mused to herself just as Johnny tossed a man across the hall.

“You think we wouldn’t find out?” Taeyong spoke to Gilbae, he had the male tied up on a chair, his lips were bleeding and his nose looked like it was broken.

“Selling drugs in our territory is one thing, but you killed three of our men.” He hissed, Gilbae laughed, blood flowed to his shirt.

Taeri looked around, Lucas was about to pick up a chair when the man kicked him. Taeri sighed and stood up, she picked up one of the bricks on the floor.

“Taeri, move away!” Jungwoo yelled. Lucas stood up, he was about to reach for the male but Taeri blocked him and dropped the brick on his foot, he howled in pain, he cursed at her and tried to grab her. But Lucas managed to yank her away and punched the man on the face.

“Come on, let’s get you out of here.” He murmured before taking her hand and pulling her with him.

 

 

“They’re here.”

Chan looked up, Felix was staring at the club’s sign while people ran out of the building in panic.

His eyes went to the cars parked across them, he shook his head.

“Everyone’s here.” He stated, Jisung looked at his older friend worriedly.

“Does she know you’re back?” Felix spoke, Minho leaned back against his car.

“If you’re thinking of making contact with her again, then you’re crazy.” He commented, Chan exhaled.

“If we have her on our side, her brothers wont touch us again. Taeyong doesn’t want to lose her.”

“You’re right, but what if she changes sides? What’s happens to you? Us?” Minho stated, then they saw Taeri being pulled out of the building by another male.

Chan’s brows went up, the male looked frustrated with her.

“He looks familiar.” Felix said, then Taeri started to move, she was talking. The male halted as Taeri stood in front of him.

Chan’s brows rose up as she started to smile at him.

“Lucas Wong.” Felix stated, then Lucas leaned his head against hers before walking to his car.

 

 

“I mean, seriously, they want to kill us with a sack of bricks? Bricks! I am offended.” She commented as Lucas pulled her away from the mess.

“How barbaric. Did they think I wouldn’t be able to spot those strings they put on the floor? I’m not blind. And, why does this place stink?” She complained as they reached the doors.

“Take her home!” She heard Taeyong speak, Lucas sighed and just kicked the doors open.

“Why couldn’t they find a more~”

“Ya, Lee Taeri!” Lucas snapped at her, she paused, her brows went up. Lucas stopped, he blinked before walking away from her.

Taeri scrunched her nose and followed him.

“Fine, I wont step in a fight again. And you’re welcome, I saved you from a sack of bricks.” She stated, Lucas paused, he glanced at her. Taeri exhaled before walking towards him, she stood before Lucas.

“I’m not exactly as fragile as they led you to think. I may be the only girl, but I was raised just like my brothers. Thus, creating this weird persona around me, but really, I can handle the heavy stuff.”

“If that man managed to take you, we’d all be dead, you know that right?” Lucas replied.

“They wouldn’t be able to if you gave me a bat.” She replied with a small smile, Lucas exhaled and just looked at her.

“Seriously, Lee Taeri.” He murmured before closing the space between them, he leaned his forehead against hers before making his way to his car.

“Get in the car, loser.” Lucas said without looking back, she chuckled before following him, just as she was about to pull the door open, she paused.

She glanced behind her and she paused, a black Range Rover was speeding away from the lot. Her brows rose briefly, she bit her lip and got in the Bugatti.

 

You are back.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++