039

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

“Your boyfriend is very nice.” The nail technician gushed, Taeri offered her a small smile and fidgeted on her seat.

“I’m not exactly the one who’s hungry, but him.” Taeri said softly, Lucas had stepped out for a bit to buy something to eat.

“Then, have you decided to add rhinestones?”

“No, no, I prefer just something basic.” Taeri nodded, she glanced at the windows and found her two bodyguards standing outside.

With her free hand she put her earphones on and started to relax, she felt her phone vibrate once and she ignored it.

“Tee?”

Taeri opened her eyes, Lucas was back with food.

“That didn’t take long.” She mused at him, Lucas offered her a hotdog, she shook her head.

“I don’t really feel like eating, but,” She gestured towards her coat pocket. Lucas plucked out her phone and placed it on the table.

“It’s a text from Johnny hyung.” Lucas stated.

“Please open it.”

Lucas puffed his cheeks and picked up her phone, his brows rose as he read the text.

Bank account details.” Lucas recited in Mandarin, Taeri looked up.

You said Shownu has been wiring money to a certain account.

Taeri gave him a small nod, she unconsciously reached for the sleeve of his coat and tugged on it.

It’s nothing really, but he just mentioned that he traced the address to Hong Kong.

Taeri paused, she saw how his forehead creased briefly.

What’s the number again?

Lucas, what’s wrong?” She tensed up, Lucas started to shake his head.

I..I need to check on this. I’ll be back.” Lucas faced her briefly, Taeri’s forehead creased.

I’ll just be outside.” He gave her a small smile, he shook off his coat and draped it across her lap before stepping away.

 

 

“They returned Shownu hyung.” Minho announced, Chan looked up from his desk.

“Is going to school really a right move?” Jisung asked carefully.

“They’re not stupid to start something here, there are too many eyes watching.” Chan stated he pushed his books away.

“Changbin’s recuperating well, you don’t have to worry about it.”

“Did you forget what they did to him?” Chan faced Jisung, the younger male looked away.

“Not they. It was Taeri.” Minho corrected him, Chan exhaled and his jaw clenched.

“Ya, making a move right now may cause trouble. So, don’t.” Minho warned.

“And to think I actually wanted to protect her from this,” Chan laughed to himself, Jisung glanced at Minho meaningfully.

“Chan, please, we both know we can’t attack them right now.”

“But we still have one choice left,” Chan smirked as he stood up.

“What?”

“Jo Jinhyuk. He wants her dead. Let’s give him what he wants.” He stated before leaving the lecture hall, Jisung grew a little confused.

“What’s wrong with him? Why is he so worked up?”

Minho grinned and took out an envelope from his backpack, Jisung took out the items inside.

“Really?” He spoke as he checked the photos of Lucas and Taeri together.

“I guess it finally did sink in. Taeri was just using him.”

 

 

Taeyong was humming as Johnny pushed the male back on the floor.

“I thought you guys would give it a rest, you just saw our finished product. Shownu.” Johnny mused, the male chuckled at him.

Jaehyun crossed his arms from behind. They had captured two of Wonho’s trusted underlings.

“You were very generous to help out District 9 with drugs, know we’re returning the favor.” Doyoung commented as started to peel an apple.

“You think you guys can fight him back? All you have is money!” One man yelled, Taeyong glanced at him, unaffected.

“And your bosses are running out of it, that’s why they’re sending you to distract us. So that we wouldn’t attack yet.” Taeyong exhaled, he glanced at Jaehyun briefly.

“But, what to do?” He continued as he took out a small pocket knife.

“Since you started it, we have no choice but to play along, and eventually we’ll end it, but,”

Johnny grinned as he picked up one of the stools by the bar and used it to whack one of them across the face.

“We’ll decide when it ends.” Taeyong smirked before pressing the pocket knife just inches above the man’s crotch.

He started to scream in pain as blood gushed out from the wound.

“So, just continue ing around, we have more knives to spare.” He spat before leaving the room.

“Well, what’s the status?” Doyoung asked totally unbothered, Jaehyun took out his phone and stared at the screen for a brief moment.

“Jungwoo and Mark picked up Kihyun just a few minutes ago, they burned one of his penthouses and Lucas’s men managed to entrap Wonho.” Jaehyun grinned.

Johnny grinned and tossed the stool away.

“What were Lucas’s instructions to them again?” Johnny asked as he joined his friends to the doors.

“Tie his hands together and let him be dragged by the car. Barefoot.”

Taeyong grinned and just got in his car.

 

 

“You’re being paranoid, Wong.” Taeri said as the Veyron pulled over in the campus property.

“Hong Kong is a small~”

“I know, but our enemies are literally everywhere.” Taeri reasoned as she slid down from the vehicle.

Lucas exhaled he grabbed his bag and followed Taeri to the building.

“So, you’re telling me not to check on it?” He asked her, Taeri glanced at him.

“Look at you, asking permission.”

Lucas blinked at her, she grinned.

“You should know by now that I’m not the type to control people. Do what you want, just don’t get yourself hurt.” She smiled before fixing the collar of his shirt.

“Usually, “do what you want” is a red flag.” Lucas commented, Taeri shrugged and hooked her arm around his.

“I grew up with guys, Lucas. I don’t mince words.”

“I noticed.” He nodded to himself, Taeri chuckled, then she paused.

“But, you’re pretty weird, going after someone like me. I know I’m no picnic, Wong Yukhei.” She mused at him.

“You’re worth it, gongzhu.” He replied as they got in the main building.

“Lucas, I have people after me, wanting to kill me.”

“The fact that you can say that out loud shows how strong you are, and that’s why I like you.” Lucas winked at her, Taeri groaned.

“They wont be able to get to you, Tee. You have us. You have me.”

Taeri paused, Lucas could see her eyebrows furrowing. Taeri never really spoke about how she felt with people wanting to go after her, she didn’t even show any indication of fear, but he could feel it. The fact that they had nothing on this Jo Jinhyuk person put her on edge.

And Lucas hated that.

“Hey,” Lucas made her face him. Taeri met his gaze evenly.

“I will protect you from that person. He wont be able to hurt you.”

Taeri exhaled and gave him a small smile, Lucas scrunched his nose at her.

“So,” He started as he took her hand in his.

“A little trust would be nice, gongzhu.

“I just don’t want another person hurt, you know that.” She said quietly as they began to walk.

“I wont get hurt, I promise.”

Taeri remained quiet and they started to approach the elevator, but Lucas suddenly halted.

“Wait, does this mean you accept me?” He blinked at her.

“Huh?”

“I told you I liked you, then you let me hold your hand, does that mean~”

Taeri grimaced and just jogged away from him, Lucas chuckled and watched her go.

 

“How cute.” He mused to himself before following her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++