043

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

“I still can’t believe they let you take over.” Kun stated, Taeyong was slicing Taeri’s pancakes for her as she tried to douse it with more syrup.

“Who, me?” Lucas asked as he looked up from his waffles, the group was having brunch at a garden cafe.

“No, this young lady.” Kun chuckled as she pointed to Taeri, she glared at him before starting to eat.

“Isn’t it still early to start a war?” Mark commented as he chewed, Jaehyun grinned and picked up his glass of orange juice.

“Oppa, you didn’t really have to take us here.” Taeri commented.

“I have meetings piled up the whole morning, it’s better if I check on you right now.” Taeyong explained before picking up his panini.

“Is this you being paranoid over that Jo Jinhyuk thing?” She asked him, Lucas paused briefly, his brows knitted together.

Kun bit his lip and glanced at Mark briefly.

“Okay, something I shouldn’t joke with. Sorry.” Taeri flinched before going back to her food.

“It’s okay, just eat.” Kun patted her hand, Lucas exhaled and just glanced around them.

“We’ll be able to fix that soon, don’t think too much about it.”

“Then, I’ll see you later at the Jung party?”

“Yes, I’ll see you there.”

 

 

“The other day,” Taeri started as Lucas stepped on the gas, they were on their way to school.

“What are you going to do with him?”

“He still has time to play around.” Lucas shrugged at her, Taeri bit her lip and faced the window again.

“I’m just worried something happens again. We have no idea what they’re planning.” She said without facing him, Lucas’s forehead creased, he placed his palm over her thigh.

“They can’t hurt you, Tee.” He stated softly, Taeri faced him and placed her hand over his.

“I know, but they…might hurt you. You tend to always storm in, Lucas. And that’s what I’m afraid of.” She said as they reached campus grounds.

“I’ll be okay, Tee. There’s a lot of us.” He offered her a smile.

“If things ever come to choosing to save me or yourself, choose yourself.” She stated, Lucas halted and looked at her.

“Tee~”

“A lot of people have suffered because of me, Lucas. I don’t want you to get hurt because of me again.”

“You do know that I probably wont listen to you on this, right?” He replied, she started to smile.

“I know, at least I got it off my chest, right?” She said before leaning over to kiss his cheek.

“I’ll see you at class~”

Lucas tugged her back and pressed his lips against hers.

“I’ll be fine, Tee.” He whispered before letting go of her.

“I probably wont listen to that too.” She chuckled before sliding down the car, Lucas watched as the girl rushed to the building, her two bodyguards started to follow her in a discreet distance.

 

 

“We’re still trying to track his whereabouts. He disappeared after being seen in Macau.” Johnny said over the phone.

“We can’t predict that he might go here, I bet he wouldn’t go back to Hong Kong.” Kun replied while driving.

“What do we do, hyung?”

“He can’t step on Hong Kong land again, Wong men are scouring the whole country for him. In China, of course, you have your people doing your thing.”
“He wouldn’t dare come here, right?” Kun sounded unsure, Johnny sighed from the other line.

“If he does, we already have work divided. Yuta, Jaehyun and Jungwoo will be taking on District 9, and the rest is on Jo Jinhyuk.”

“Really, the older brother and the boyfriend in one team? Should we have bodbags prepared?” Kun chuckled.

“Taeyong’s on the edge, we don’t know what will happen.” Johnny sighed.

“What’s the protocol?” Kun asked as he arrived at this condo building.

“Both of them should be gone.”

 

 

“Look at you, our princess.” Jaehyun smiled as Taeri walked in the hall with Mark.

“They forced me to dress up and be nice tonight, you look dashing, oppa.” She chuckled before hugging him.

“It’s your anniversary, right?” Mark asked him just as Lucas and Jungwoo followed behind them.

“Yes, it is. Go ahead, we have a table reserved.” Jaehyun urged for them to step in, Taeri glanced around them, she paused when she saw her father giving her a small wave, Taeyong was standing next to him.

“He’s happy that you and hyung fixed your differences.” Mark said softly, she smiled to herself.

“I’ll go over to them then,” She said, Mark winked at her before heading to their table.

“This still shows too much skin.” Lucas spoke before she could walk, she turned to face him.

“You’re seriously worried about that? Everyone’s in full attendance, Wong.” She mused back, Lucas was talking about her backless aquamarine mini dress that annoyed him.

“I know I spoke about you trusting that we could protect you, but can I take it back?” He replied, she grinned and squeezed his hand.

“Go, sit down. Be nice to the other kids.” She kidded, Lucas stuck his tongue out at her before joining Mark and Jungwoo.

“Appa,” Taeri greeted the elder as she joined them, Taeyong smiled and patted her hair.

“I just wanted to check on you, Taeyong told me about that issue. Are you okay?”

“Appa, you assigned forty bodyguards at home.” She replied flatly, the two male Lees laughed.

“I’m fine, appa. Oppa and the guys can keep me safe. This will pass.” She smiled before taking her father’s hand.

“Of course, the Wongs have declared war, you know.” He said teasingly, Taeyong guffawed.

“I think those hyungnims report way too much details.” She grinned back, then the lights went out.

“It’s probably just the~”

Three consecutive gunshots were fired and everyone started to panic, other guests started to panic over the commotion.

“Taeyong, your sister!”

“Grab Taeri!” Yuta could be heard yelling from across the hall.

Taeyong was about to reach for Taeri’s hand when he realized one thing.

She wasn’t there anymore.

Taeri wasn’t standing beside him.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++