041

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

 

Taeri puffed her cheeks as she picked up the book from the shelf. She chewed on the inside of her cheek as she walked back to her desk.

The library was almost empty and it pleased her because she had papers to finish. She looked up from her book, one of her bodyguards gave her a small nod before sitting down.

She exhaled and sat down, she opened her laptop and began to type quickly.

“Taeri?”

She looked up and grew surprised, Taeyong grinned at her.

“Oppa, what brings you here?”

“It’s almost lunch why are you still here?” He asked as he sat down beside her.

“I have things to finish, you?”

Taeyong shook his head at her, disappaointed. And then he started to gather her things.

“Oppa,”

“Spend the day with oppa, you always study or you’re always with Lucas. I feel sad.”

Taeri blinked at him, her eyebrows raising.

“Was that a jab at me?”

Taeyong chuckled and just pulled her up from her chair, two guards approached them and took Taeri’s things.

“Lee Taeyong-ssi, I’m a student. I’m supposed to be~”

“Let’s just go. You don’t really need study; I’ve seen your grades.”

 

 

“No, no,” Johnny pinched the bridge of his nose, Mark stood up to swtich on the lights. Jungwoo set the projector away and faced the other males.

“So, you’re saying this man, Jo Jinhyuk may have been trailing Taeri since she was in Hong Kong?” Yuta spoke, Jaehyun bit his lip.

“I’m still trying to clarify, hyung.” Lucas nodded and leaned back on his seat, the group grew quiet.

“We need to come up with something.” Doyoung spoke from his seat.

“He isn’t easy to trace, he often goes off the grid. To be honest, nobody knows if he’s in Korea or not. I have people scouring over Hong Kong and Beijing for him.” Lucas said quietly.

“Maybe it’s time we call Kun hyung? Do you think he can fly in?” Jaehyun asked, Yuta gave him a nod.

“And you said Taeyong already knows?” Johnny asked.

“I contacted him right after I found out.”

“How do we tell Tee?” Jungwoo asked, they all stared at him, wide-eyed, well except for Lucas.

“You—You want to tell her?” Mark repeated.

“If we don’t, what do you think will happen?” Lucas said as he shut his laptop close.

“We’ll come up with something, I’ll have our people check on Jo Jinhyuk or any movement that may relate to him.” Johnny nodded.

 

 

“Usually, older brothers would be encouraging siblings to study.” Taeri said as they entered another botique.

“I’m not like other brothers, see anything you like?” Taeyong glanced around them, Taeri puffed her cheeks, she noticed how most sales associates would stare at her sibling dreamily.

“Is something wrong, oppa?” She asked as she picked up a silk dress.

“Nothing, I just realized that ever since you got home, we never got to hang out much. Do you like that one?”

Taeri grew amused and handed him the dress.

“You mean I was being mean to you and you were fighting off a two-faced fiancé?”

“Well, that too.” He shrugged as they walked towards the counter, Taeri bit her lip and her forehead creased.

“I’m sorry, oppa. I should have listened to you.” She said softly, Taeyong paused and turned to her.

“Taeri, it’s okay. It’s my fault too, for not telling you anything. I always seem to forget that you can fight your own battles.” He smiled before opening one arm to her.

“I know, but three years was a long time, oppa. I still feel bad.” She murmured before hugging him, the sales assiociates looked at the two enviously.

“Then, how about during this term break, let’s all go on a trip.”

“A trip? With everyone?”

“Yeah, we haven’t done that in a while.” Taeyong said as he let go of her, Taeri smiled and nodded.

“And, I’m glad you’re with Lucas, Tee.”

She paused, her brows rose, Taeyong chuckled.

“Mark already told you he approves, huh?” He said teasingly as he paid for the dress.

“Well, I didn’t hear anything from you, and it’s not like you can beat him up.”

Taeyong snorted, Taeri grinned and just hooked her arm around his.

“Thanks, oppa.”

 

 

Lucas was standing by the windows; his eyes were on the garden. There were guards designated everywhere with in the Lee mansion. He placed his hands in his pockets and exhaled.

He still had no idea how to tell Taeri everything, he bit his lip.

“Hey.” Taeri was standing by the doorway with a smile on her face.

“How was shopping?” He asked as he faced her, Taeri shook her head, she just walked to him and literally climbed up to wrap her arms around his neck.

Lucas grew amused and wrapped his arms around her waist to support her weight.

“Was it that tiring?” He asked, Taeri shook her head.

“I just haven’t had a long chat with my brother, it feels comforting,” She murmured as she leaned her chin against his shoulder, Lucas smiled, his eyes scanned the garden once again before walking towards the couch.

“Can I sit down?” He asked softly, Taeri nodded.

“I didn’t see you at school.” She said as Lucas sat down, she pulled away from to meet his gaze.

“I had some things to take care off, how was your day? Did someone bother you?” He asked as he toyed with the tips of her hair.

“I managed to finish about...fifteen percent of my schoolwork.” She murmured before sliding down from his lap and sat down beside him.

“What is this party Jaehyun oppa called about, are we going? Everyone?”

“I think we should, people might think we’re hiding.”

“But what if I get in trouble?”

“Whoa, you must really not like parties, gongzhu.” Lucas laughed, Taeri rolled her eyes at him.

“I just don’t feel like dressing up.” She murmured, Lucas took her hand in his and smiled.

“I can be your date.” He offered.

“I guess I’ll take that offer then.”

Lucas nodded, he glanced at her, his eyes studying her side profile. His forehead creased briefly before leaning over to kiss her cheek, Taeri blinked at him.

“Hmm? You look a little..unwell. Are you okay?” She faced him.

“I’m fine. Do you have time tonight?”

“No. I don’t plan to eat out again. I just wanna get my makeup off and roll around my bed. So, no. I don’t have time tonight.”

Lucas chuckled and pulled the girl to his chest.

“I just wanted to talk, Tee. We don’t have to go out.” He murmured.

“Good, we should order black bean noodles and tangsooyuk.” She suggested, Lucas didn’t reply, instead his arms on her just tightened.

“Uhmm, Lucas, I~”

 

“Let’s stay like this for a while, you smell so nice.” He murmured before closing his eyes. Taeri puffed her cheeks and just let him bury his nose on the top of her head, she smiled before snuggling closer to his chest.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++