044

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

Doyoung bolted out of his seat quickly, he could hear Jaehyun barking orders to his men. Then the lights went back on, he froze.

“Oppa!” Taeri called out from across the hall, he heard Lucas curse loudly.

Doyoung looked up and he halted, Taeri was standing before them, a man had a vicious grip around her neck and there was something attached around her chest.

“C4.” He heard Johnny blurt out, the male started to chuckle.

“Not so smart, aren’t we?” He said in an accented Korean that echoed throughout the room. Taeyong was standing across them, with a pistol pointed at the male.

“Jo Jinhyuk.” Jaehyun spat as Kun and Mark started to inch closer.

“Don’t~” Taeri yelped when his grip on her tightened, the male laughed as he fearlessly tossed his gun away.

“Stop!” Lucas hissed, he was crouched and ready to attack. Guards started to close down the area and pressed in on them.

“Look at all of you with your heavily armed guards, and yet you can’t do anything.” Jo Jinhyuk said in a teasing tone. Taeri was flinching from his grasp.

“All because of one girl.” He finished, Jungwoo exhaled and his fists curled tightly.

“Let go of her.” Taeyong took one step forward, but he paused when the male started to reach for the bomb that was strapped on Taeri’s neck.

“One more step closer, Lee Taeyong and everyone dies.”

“Oppa, don’t.” Tears started to roll down her cheeks, Taeri was gasping for air.

“You will all let me go, or she dies.” Jo Jinhyuk stated, Lucas stepped forward.

“Your problem is with my family, so let her go. Take me instead.” He spoke, Jo Jinhyuk smiled and shook his head.

“Where’s the fun in that?” He replied as he carried Taeri over one shoulder and rushed out of the building, the boys ran after him only to find out he had a vehicle waiting outside.

Taeyong yelled and tossed his pistol away form him, Mark exhaled and looked away.

“Lucas, wait, don’t~” Kun was about to grab the male but he got in his Bugatti and started to speed away from the building.

 

 

Taeri flinched as two males removed the bomb from her body and then they cuffed her wrists. She looked around her, she was inside a dark van.

“I thought you’d be hard to catch; I must have overestimated your brothers.”

She looked up, only to find Jo Jinhyuk himself sitting across her,

“You may have done the opposite.” She replied evenly, he grinned at her.

“Really? I managed to take you right under their noses.” He said to her, Taeri shrugged.

“I know them, and what you just pulled tonight,” She said as she looked around her, the car was heavily tinted that she didn’t know where they were heading.

“You just angered every prime member of the mafia, you dug your own grave.”

“You can continue with the threats, girl. I still get to decide whether to kill you or not.” He chortled before striking her across the cheek.

Taeri flinched and she faced him again, she could feel the insides of her left cheek was bleeding.

“You pretty little thing, the Wongs took care of you so much, how nice.” He cooed as he cupped her cheek, Taeri tried to pull away but Jo Jinhyuk just pulled her closer.

“I’ll make sure to send them pieces of you once I’m done.” He kissed her cheek before pushing her back on to her seat.

 

 

Chan grunted as his back hit something cold and metal. He could feel blood dripping from his lips down to his shirt.

“We’ve been too patient.” Lucas spat as he grabbed him by the collar and made him stand.

“I guess the game just started.” He cackled, Lucas nodded back and slammed him against the container van again, Chan choked on his own blood.

Johnny and Jaehyun watched, with arms crossed and their eyes were cold and empty.

“And to think she stopped me from killing you at the cafeteria.” Lucas cackled before punching him in the gut and dropping him on the ground.

Taeyong had his hands in his pockets as he watched, they were at an empty shipyard that was owned by Jungwoo’s family.

“I’m assuming Jo Jinhyuk got what he wanted.” Jisung mused, Doyoung’s eyes went to him and he picked up a hammer.

“As we speak, your other friends are also being picked up from their homes, so, don’t joke with us. We made a promise tonight.” Doyoung spoke, Jaehyun smiled and started to move forward.

“I’m pretty sure you all heard about Shownu’s group. That was all thanks to Taeri’s wonderful work.” Taeyong stated, Johnny grinned.

“You informed Jo Jinhyuk about the party, and you got paid generously,” Lucas stepped back from Chan.

“You were so full of yourself when she finally accepted you, but look now, you couldn’t even protect her from just one person. How pathetic,” Chan laughed.

“The mighty Wong Yukhei, couldn’t even keep his girlfriend safe.” He repeated, Lucas smiled and nodded back at him, then he picked up a rock and shoved it down Chan’s throat. He proceeded towards Doyoung and took the hammer from him.

“What are you doing!?” Jisung started to yell, but Mark was nice enough to kick him on the face and caused him to topple over.

Jungwoo leaned over to look at him.

“This is for hurting my bestfriend.” He said calmly before stepping on his nose, Jisung started to scream.

“She’ll never come back alive. Jo Jinhyuk will have her dead.” Jisung cackled despite the amount of blood coming from his nose, Taeyong’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

Taeyong glanced behind him, Johnny nodded and stepped away from the group. Lucas knelt down to look at Chan, the male was having a hard time breathing.

“Not so chatty now, aren’t we?” He mused before taking his hand and laying it down on the ground, then he proceeded to use the hammer on his fingers.

“That game we used to play at arcade? The one with ducks and rubber hammer.” Jaehyun said to Mark, Bangchan’s yells were muffled and tears started to roll down his eyes.

Johnny came back, he was pushing something large and heavy. And it was painstakingly familiar.

It was nice and orange. And sparkly.

Lucas glanced up and he smiled, he tossed the hammer away and wiped Chan’s blood on his tux.

“This one’s for you, hyung.” He said before stepping away, Chan followed his gaze just as Taeyong came into view.

“I shouldn’t have let you walk away three years ago.” He said just as the concrete mixer stopped beside him.

 

 

Lucas his head back on his seat, his fingers curled around the wheel tightly.

All he could see was Taeri struggling with Jo Jinhyuk and the bomb he had strapped on her. He slammed both of his hands against the wheel again.

He glanced at the passenger seat beside him, that was her spot.

Taeri’s seat.

He let out a breath before taking out his phone, he dialed quickly and brought it to his ear.

Jo Jinhyuk is in Korea, pa.” He said as soon as his father picked up.

What? Did you see him?

Yes, he took Taeri.

There was a short pause from the other end.

I’ll send some people over. Have you tried locating her?

We still have no idea where he brought her. Do I have permission to go off the grid?” Lucas spoke flatly.

Yukhei, you don’t~

I’ll kill him myself, pa. This ends here. He’s done enough.

I’ll send you the things you need. Please tell Taeyong and the others before you move.

Lucas nodded and set his phone down, then he noticed the empty shoebox on the floor of the passenger seat.

He picked it up and looked at the box, his lips quirked up slightly.

I’m sorry, baobei. I’ll get you back.

 

 

Lucas leaned on the desk before them, Taeyoung loosened his tie and walked to the windows.

“Her cellphone was phone on the street a few meters from the hotel, we have people checking CCTV footage,” Johnny spoke, they turned to the screen.

“He as dressed as a waiter, he entered the event hall before Jaehyun arrived.”

Kun exhaled and shook his head.

“Here we can see him watching Taeyong as he entered, he looked a little confused that Taeri isn’t with him.” Johnny spoke, Doyoung leaned forward on the table.

“Then he sees an opening,”

“Taeri walked away from Lucas.” Yuta said quietly as they watched Taeri walk towards Taeyong, she began to chat with her father, they could already see Jo Jinhyuk approach them in the frame.

Taeyong slammed his palm against the table as the lights on the video went out.

“What about the car?” Lucas spoke.

“It’s a fake licence plate, as of now, I have my men checking the skid marks, if we could trace the vehicle using that, then you’ll be the first ones to know.” Jaehyun spoke from his seat.

Lucas let out a breath before stepping out of the room, Kun looked at Taeyong briefly.

“How do we locate her, hyung? Her phone’s not with her.” Jaehyun asked worriedly, Yuta glanced at the windows again, he saw a dark blue van pull over in front of the house.

Lucas head of security stepped down, the Wong heir started to speak quickly and his guard nodded and left.

“What is this, do we finally declare war?” Johnny spoke.

“Check if Jo Jinhyuk contacted any of our neighbors lately.” Taeyoung murmured, Lucas opened the van’s door.

He was joined by Mark and Jungwoo, Kun was taken aback with what the younger males pulled out from the vehicle.

“That’s a lot of ammo.” Doyoung blinked while fiddling with his pocket knife.

“Who knows, he might want to feed Jo Jinhyuk bullets instead of shooting him. I’m all for that.” Taeyong stood up.

“Send this out, our main priority is to get Taeri back. And second, tell our men that if they ever see Jo Jinhyuk or anyone related to him, they have the permission to shoot on site.”

“Good.” Jaehyun nodded, Yuta pressed his palms together.

“What if the government questions this? The press still isn’t aware of what happened tonight.” Doyoung asked.

 

“ the government, my sister’s in danger.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++