014

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

“The devil works hard, but the mafia works harder.” Taeri said flatly as she walked in the house, she was still wearing her gown when she walked in the living room.

The boys were already there; they had rushed to the Lee residence right after the party. They had a received a call that police have started to patrol their Bukchon territory because of the rampant drug usage within in the area.

“This wont be good.” Jaehyun said as he took a sip from his coffee.

“Well, its disturbing the black market. Duh.” Taeri rolled her eyes, Lucas sent her a look and she closed .

Johnny grew amused.

Taeyong walked in the room, they all looked at him.

“But, these policemen, aren’t they on our payroll?” Taeri cleared .

“No. We don’t have a hold on these guys.” Doyoung replied.

“Where’s your girl?” Yuta asked teasingly, Taeri looked at her brother. Taeyong shook his head and ed his coat before taking a seat.

“I’ll go change into something comfortable.” She said before leaving the room, Taeyong exhaled.

“So, what shall we do with this?” He asked them.

“We need to fix this. Personally.” Jungwoo stated, Taeyong looked at Johnny and Yuta.

“We might have to get our hands dirty again. It’s not that bad.” Yuta said, Lucas nodded.

“I’m up for that.” Mark said.

 

 

Taeri curled her fingers around her warm mug of tea, she was standing outside at the terrace, staring at the dark starless sky.

“Taeri, I came back for you.”

“I want us to start over.”

“It’s always been you, Taeri.”

“So, what do you think? Will you come back to me?”

Taeri took a long sip of her tea and bit her lip.

“I thought you were going to change into something comfortable.”

She didn’t need to turn to recognize the owner of the voice, she felt something wrap around her shoulders.

“You’re in jeans.” Lucas stated as he stood beside her, she had changed into a pair of ripped jeans and an off-shoulder top.

“What’s eating you, Lee Taeri?” He asked her, Taeri shook her head.

“I’m dealing with two issues now. Both are very delicate.”

Lucas grinned before speaking.

“What kind of issues?”

Taeri remained quiet, then she looked at him.

“Want to go out for some drinks?” She asked him.

“No.” He shook his head adamantly.

“Okay, you’re driving.” Taeri grinned at him before heading to the garage, Lucas puffed his cheeks but he was smiling as he followed her.

“What a brat.”

 

 

“So, they stepped out.” Johnny said as he returned from the kitchen with some snacks, Taeyong nodded.

“This is surprising, years ago, we just watched you beat up your sister’s boyfriend to a bloody pulp, and now you just let her roam around at night with Lucas.” Yuta mused, Johnny chuckled.

“They get along well, it’s okay.” Taeyong brushed them off.

“Well, since you don’t want to talk about the unknown lady from earlier, let’s just talk about the drug issue.” Johnny shrugged, Mark grinned.

“It might spread further from Bukchon, we don’t want the media to hear about this. We have to fix this. Right now.” Jaehyun spoke, Taeyong exhaled.

“I can only filter as much as I can, hyung.” The Jung young master explained, Jaehyun’s family ran multiple broadcasting stations and entertainment companies.

“Fine. Let’s do this.”

“I don’t think we can bring men with us on this. It will get too much attention.” Jungwoo said carefully.

“We don’t have to.” Johnny nodded back.

“And Taeri?”

Mark looked up from the sofa, Taeyong smiled to himself.

“She’s coming, of course.”

 

 

“You know, I might get yelled at for this.” Lucas said as they slid down from the car, they were at a popular club around Namdaemun area, an area that wasn’t handled by their mafia.

“Just you.” She chuckled, Lucas sighed and just followed the girl across the area.

“I’m getting my car next Monday, it’s the end of your torture.” She said to him as she hooked her arm with his.

“It wasn’t that bad.” Lucas shrugged at her, his eyes scanned the area with caution.

“So, are you really getting back together with him?” He asked her, Taeri paused, she looked at him curiously.

“Did you actually think I would never ask?” He chuckled before pulling her closer to the sidewalk.

“Should I?” She replied, Lucas shrugged.

“Who am I to stop you, priness?” He grinned at her before gesturing for her to move forward, then Taeri paused when she saw a familiar male across the street. He was carrying a large duffel with him with his hood down.

“Wanna know a secret?” Taeri said to him distractedly, Changbin was approaching a bulky looking man by the alley.

“Nope. It sounds like trouble.” Lucas mused and just pulled her with him.

Taeri’s brows rose as she realized who the male Changbin was speaking to.

One of Gilbae’s men.

She watched as Changbin handed the bag to the male, the latter gave him a polite bow before leaving.

“Hey, Taeri?” Lucas nudged her, she looked up and smiled.

“I just might do that.”

“What?”

She smiled before fixing the lapels of his coat.

“Getting back with him.”

“You don’t sound sincere.” Lucas blinked, Taeri just smiled and headed towards the entrance.

“Drinks are on me.”

“I do smell trouble.” Lucas said to himself before following her in, he saw Taeri already by the bar, ordering drinks.

He noticed three males eyeing her from across the hall, then they started to move forward, their eyes still on the Lee heiress.

“Should I let them get hurt? Or not?” Lucas asked to himself, then Taeri turned, she spotted him and she smiled.

“Come here!” She waved him over excitedly, the males paused and followed her gaze. They immediately recognized the tall male and they all walked away.

 

“Yes, yes, princess.” He rolled his eyes before taking the seat next to hers, he glanced at the male briefly before picking up his drink.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++