012

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

 

Lucas stepped out of the bathroom and picked up his phone, he put on a sweater before dialing on the screen.

“Yes, young master.”

“I need you to check something for me.”

“Yes, who is it?”

“His name is Bangchan. He goes to my school too.” Lucas stated as he picked out a jacket.

“Yes, I’ll call you back as soon as I have details.”

Lucas thanked him before ending the call, he walked towards his desk to grab his wallet.

“You’re up early. I was actually mentally preparing myself to wake you.”

He paused and glanced behind her, Taeri was standing by the doorway.

“Obviously, she grew up with males.” Lucas nodded to himself, Taeri grinned at him.

“Did things go well last night?”

“Sort of.” She shrugged before walking into the room, her eyes roamed around briefly before plopping on the couch.

“What brings you here this early, young miss?”

“I came by to return the car and,” She pointed at the army green coat before him.

“You wear too much black, try other colors. They actually do exist.” She stated, Lucas shook his head and took the green coat.

“You can do this search type of thing, right?”

“Huh?” Lucas asked as he sat beside her, Taeri pursed her lips.

“Background checks.” She said, Lucas grew still.

“For how long were you standing there?” He asked carefully.

“I have a name. I need details.” She said before asking for his hand, Lucas stretched it to her, Taeri took out a band aid from her purse.

“Who is it?”

“Hong Minah.” She replied without looking up.

“Okay, I’ll make calls later. It’s time for us to be students now.” He said as he pulled her up from the couch.

“But, who is this person?” He asked as they stepped out of his room.

“She’s part of a gang.” Taeri shrugged at him as they went down the steps, she chuckled before leaning her weight against his side as they stepped down.

“A gang? Which one?” Lucas asked, not really minding how hyper she was.

“Gucci gang.” She clucked her tongue.

“Oh my god.” Lucas muttered under his breath as the girl laughed.

 

 

Mark bit his lip as he waited outside the lecture hall, a few females greeted him shyly as they passed by.

“Just why did you have to interfere?” Jungwoo mused as he brushed by, Mark ignored him and the male just headed straight to the elevator.

Taeri stepped out from the room, Mark blinked when he saw her get up.

“A mini skirt? Ah, I have to apologize.” He mumbled to himself before approaching her.

Taeri paused and looked at him.

“What now?” She spoke.

“Noona, I…I..about yesterday, I’m sorry.”

“You’re just going to apologize now? No more “I was just protecting you” bull?” She asked him as they walked together.

“You never believe that anyway.”

Taeri started to smile, she looked at him.

“Promise me one thing, maknae-yah.”

Mark looked at her.

“Let me do what I want. I..I’ve always been put up with our family, both sides of our businesses and being the only girl. So, just let me be.”

“Noona, we will always protect you. It doesn’t matter who gets hurt. You’re…precious cargo.” Mark said, Taeri nodded.

“I know, but you gotta let me breathe, Mark.”

Mark looked at his shoes, Taeri chuckled and mussed his hair.

“You’re buying me lunch today. You’ll be forgiven then.”

“Still. The mini skirt.” Mark shook his head before walking to his next class.

 

 

Taeri stepped down from the building’s steps.

“Just in time.”

She paused, Chan was smiling at her.

“Were you waiting for me?” Taeri asked carefully, he nodded at her.

“Chan, wait.” She said as he reached her, Taeri looked around them before speaking again.

“What are you doing?”

“What do you mean?”

“I still don’t understand.” Taeri replied, Bangchan took her hand in his.

“What do you not understand?”

“Why? What are you doing?”

Chan paused, his brows rose and he shook his head.

“Taeri, I thought we’re okay now.”

“I don’t think we are.”

“Taeri, I came back for you.”

“Exactly, why would you want me back? You almost died because of me.”

Chan met her gaze evenly.

“I want us to start over.” He said softly, Taeri froze.

“It’s always been you, Taeri.”

Taeri bit her lip, she glanced behind her.

“So, what do you think? Will you come back to me?”

 

 

Lucas was staring at his iPad’s screen as he stepped out of the building.

“Hong Minah. Her family works with the Lees.” He murmured, he went down the steps carelessly.

“I want us to start over.”

“It’s always been you, Taeri.”

He stopped and looked up, Taeri was staring back at him, her brows furrowed before she looked away.

“So, what do you think? Will you come back to me?”

Lucas saw how Taeri froze, his brows went up.

“I don’t think that’s something you ask her in the middle of the school’s entrance.”

“Lucas,” Taeri looked at him.

“What do you want?” Chan asked him.

“Her brothers might see you hanging around her. Do you want Taeri to go through all that again?” Lucas walked to him.

“I don’t think you should be interfering. I don’t even know you.” Bangchan’s tone was cold.

“Same here. But,” Lucas glanced at Taeri.

“You shouldn’t be pressuring girls. It’s not good.”

Chan ignored him, he just tried to reach for Taeri’s hand, but Lucas gently but firmly pushed him back.

“Lucas, don’t be like this.” Taeri spoke, she tugged on his sleeve. Chan’s eyes went to her hand on the male’s arm. Lucas smirked.

“We have lunch with the guys.” He said to her, Taeri bit her lip.

“You don’t have to go with him if you’re uncomfortable. I’ll wait in the car.” Lucas said before walking away from them.

Chan looked at her, Taeri exhaled.

“Are you going?” He spoke to her.

“It’s all so confusing, Chan-ah. I—I’m sorry. Can..Can we talk later?”

Bangchan’s fists curled but her gave her a nod.

“See you around.” Taeri said just as a black Bugatti Veyron pulled over across the street, Bangchan watched as she approached the car and got inside.

His eyes narrowed at the vehicle as it sped out from campus grounds.

 

“He’s going to be an obstacle.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++