015

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

 

Taeri wiped the sweat across her forehead, she leaned against the punching bag and exhaled.

“Changbin. Gilbae’s sidekick. Bangchan.” She murmured to herself as she pulled away from the punching bag, she glanced behind her. Pablo and Chapo were looking at her with disinterest.

She took off her hand wraps and padded towards the doors, she paused when she saw the butler waiting for her.

“What is it?”

“Young master Taeyong has requested you both join him for some tea.”

Taeri exhaled, she waved her dogs over before heading down to the dining hall, not bothering to change out of her sports bra and leggings get up.

Taeri could hear Mark and her older brother chatting as she reached the hallway, she stopped by the double doors. Pablo and Chapo greeted the two males happily, Taeri crossed her arms.

“I wanted to talk to you two about something,” Taeyong started, Taeri leaned against the door, refusing to take her seat.

“What is it, hyung?”

“About the lady last night, Hong Minah.” Taeyong said carefully.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” Taeri said before leaving the room, Mark paused.

“Taeri, wait.” Taeyong called after her, Taeri smirked to herself.

“You are going to do it after all.” She said to herself before heading up to her room.

“What do you mean, hyung?” Mark was confused.

“I guess your noona already found out.” Taeyong nodded, his jaw clenched and unclenched.

“What?”

“She’s my fiancé now. Hong Minah.”

 

 

“Why are we all gathered here? Is there a change of plans?” Doyoung asked, it was a sunny Saturday afternoon and Taeyong had invited them over for lunch.

And it was a little strange. They usually had lunch outside the house, dinners are usually held at Jaehyun’s or Johnny’s.

“What’s happening? Is something up?” Johnny asked just as Mark walked in the room.

“I don’t see Taeri.” Jaehyun spoke, Jungwoo glanced up just as a young lady dressed in pink strolled into the room.

Taeyong appeared and greeted his friends with a smile, Lucas tilted his head and met eyes with Yuta.

“We have a new friend.” Johnny stood up, the girl smiled and shook his offered her hand.

“Guys, this is Minah. My fiancé.” Taeyong spoke, Jungwoo almost dropped his phone, Doyoung’s eyes widened and he glanced at Mark.

Mark just shrugged back, Lucas shook his head and leaned back on the couch.

“Smart move, Lee Taeri.” He whispered to himself.

“I’m assuming you’ve met Taeri? How was it?” Yuta asked with a grin.

“Taeri? I haven’t, Taeyong oppa said she was sleeping in.” Minah said charmingly.

“Taeri? Sleeping in?” Lucas chuckled as he stood up.

“Well, you’ve met my friends. We usually gather together for weekends.” Taeyong explained, Yuta could see how uncomfortable he was.

“But, when did this happen? We never heard about it.” Jaehyun asked.

Before Taeyong could speak, the glass sliding doors opened, Taeri strolled in with her two dogs. Minah stilled at the sight of the German Shepherds.

“We’re having lunch. Dress up.” Johnny said, Taeri paused, she was dressed in a black one-piece bathing suit. Her hair was still damp, obviously she went for a swim, Taeyong glanced at her worriedly.

“What’s this? A reunion? We lack Kun ge. I do miss him. How is he?” She asked, Johnny winced. Lucas grinned at her.

“Have you met her? Taeri, this is Minah.” Taeyong intervened, Minah smiled and offered her hand to the girl.

Taeri stared at the girl for a few seconds before facing Lucas.

“Are you guys having lunch here?” She asked as she walked away from her, the dogs followed. Jungwoo and Jaehyun hid their grins. Taeyong exhaled.

“We are. Go get dressed.” Lucas said to her while gesturing for her to go up the stairs.

“I’m going out. You don’t have to drive me.” Taeri said, she blew Jungwoo a kiss before heading up to her room.

“Well, isn’t she a darling?” Johnny smiled at Minah, the girl just nodded uncomfortably.

 

 

Chan smiled as he saw Taeri step into the café.

“I’m glad you agreed to meet up.” He said to her as she sat down, Taeri shook her head.

“I don’t want be to rude. You know that.” She replied to him, he nodded back. It was a silent for a few minutes before Taeri decided to talk.

“Look, Chan, I know things..didn’t end well between us. And to be honest, I don’t even understand why you’d want me back.”

“Taeri,~”

“My brothers will always have eyes and ears on me. And they could hurt you again.” She said softly, Bangchan reached for her hands.

“All I need is you, Taeri. I want you back.”

Taeri bit her lip, her forehead creased briefly.

“You’re….having a hard time deciding.” He stated, Taeri looked up.

“Chan~”

“You’re confused, Taeri. You don’t know what to do.” He looked at her, Taeri could see the hurt in his eyes. She bit her lip.

He was right. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t know what to think.

“It’s not like that, I just~”

“Is it because of him? That Wong guy?” He asked her, Taeri halted.

“Lucas? No, no. He’s a friend, Chan. I just think that we’re rushing things. I just got back and you…you just appeared out of nowhere, boldly asking me out.”

“I know how this looks like, Taeri. But I’ve been waiting for you to come back. When I heard that you enrolled in my campus, I was so happy.”

Taeri remained quiet, Bangchan sighed before speaking again.

“At least let me prove it to you. I want you back in my life, Taeri. And if you’d let me in I’ll~”

Her phone started to ring, Chan’s eyes went to the screen.

Lucas

“I—I have to take this. I’ll see you at school, thanks for the coffee.” She said as she pulled her hands away from him and left the table.

 

 

“Taeri?” Doyoung asked just as Lucas dialed, they had finished eating and were lounging by the indoor pool. The younger male gave him a nod back.

“What do you think? He seems forced to marry her.” Mark commented.

“Lucas?” Taeri answered, Doyoung almost toppled over.

“She answers your calls. Wow.” He was amazed, Lucas shook his head at the male.

“Where are you?” Lucas stood up and walked away from their group, Mark grinned.

“I feel hurt. I used to be her favorite.” Jungwoo said to himself.

“On my way home. I had a situation.” She replied.

“A situation? Are you alright?” Lucas asked her, his brows knitting together. Then she let out a small chuckle, he could almost see her smile.

“Yeah, actually you saved me from it. Is Gucci gang still there?” She asked him.

“Depends. Is little sister really worried over her Taeyong oppa?” He said teasingly.

“He really does love risks. Teasing Taeri like that.” Johnny chuckled, overhearing Lucas.

“Your brother is forced to marry her. And it’s just like him to not rebel against your parents.” Doyoung nodded, Mark paused.

“I was actually expecting for Taeri to help him out with this.” Jaehyun said.

“Do you think noona will?” Mark replied, his eyes were on the pool.

“Taeyong being a mafia boss, you’d actually assume he’d fight for something like this, but he’s really letting it just happen.” Yuta said, his eyes were on the glass doors, where they could see Minah and Taeyong chatting over dessert.

“I can sense his discomfort from here.” Jungwoo nodded.

 

“Well, Taeri wont be of any help. I guess he’s in for it now.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++