031

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

“They hid him so well.” Jaehyun stated as he walked to the older male, Taeyong was standing by the doorway of Taeri’s room. The girl was fast asleep on her bed.

“We already have all of our men searching for him, and the police too.”

“Good.” He nodded, his forehead creasing.

“It was a long day.” Jaehyun said, Taeyong exhaled.

“She found out everything, I don’t know what to do.” Taeyong spoke as he looked away.

Jaehyun looked up as he saw Lucas climbing up the steps, he grew thoughtful.

“I spoke with our guards, they said…Taeri was really frightening earlier, she…she tortured Changbin so bad that he fainted.”

Taeyong exhaled.

“But, Lucas was always there, watching, he never stopped her but he always did manage to pull her back, you know.”

Taeyong followed his gaze, Lucas was approaching Mark by the study.

“When Taeri…gets too much, Lucas…he’s not afraid to call her out. And I think that’s nice, hyung. We have to admit, we taught her too well.” Jaehyun smiled.

“We raised a dragon.” Taeyong nodded before closing the door.

“What do we do now, hyung? About that Bangchan?”

Taeyong’s fingers tightened over the doorknob, his jaw grew taut.

“We let Taeri handle him. If she doesn’t want to, then Lucas.”

 

 

Taeri exhaled as she faced the mirror, she was already dressed for breakfast, a nice Helmut Lang sweater that hugged her curves nicely and a pair of ripped denim jeans.

Changbin already gave Chan’s possible location last night but Shownu must have hidden his cousin so well because no one knew where Chan was.

She chewed on her lip before heading out of her room, she could already hear the soft murmurs from the dining hall as she reached the last step.

“Taeri,” Doyoung was the first one to spot her, she paused, her forehead creasing. Taeyong looked up from his plate, he chewed on the insides of his cheek.

“Come, let’s eat.” Johnny waved her over, she nodded before taking her seat beside Mark.

“Did you sleep well?” Jaehyun asked her with a smile as he placed some bacon on her plate.

“I did, thanks, oppa.” She said, Mark grinned and slid a slice of bread to her.

“Aigoo, our princess must be tired from yesterday, you should eat more.” Johnny said lightly as he pushed the plate of sausages to her.

Lucas looked up from his plate, a little unsure.

“Do you have plans today? Other than school?” Lucas asked her.

“I’m not sure yet, I haven’t~”

“Here, Taeri loves her grape juice in the morning.” Doyoung said as he poured her a glass.

Lucas grew amused, they were babying the dragon.

“You know what, I’ll just take this in my room. Thanks, oppa. And,”

They all looked at her expectantly, ready to give her anything she wants.

“I’m glad you two are back home.” She nodded before picking up her plate and leaving the hall.

Taeyong exhaled and loosened his tie.

“She knows, right? But why is she so calm?” Doyoung murmured.

“Have you seen Changbin? Calm?” Johnny spoke.

“I’ll talk to her, hyung.” Lucas volunteered, he took Taeri’s untouched glass of grape juice before leaving the table.

 

 

“They’re like hounds. Searching for you.” Shownu stated, Chan looked up from his seat.

“They took Changbin, hyung.”

“Your girl took Changbin.” Jooheon pointed out, Minho and Jisung glanced at each other.

“It was never part of our deal, what if Taeri got hurt? Or another person got shot?” Chan argued.

“Ya, you’re already in this with us, why are you trying to wash hands?” Kihyun spoke.

“What do you want us to do, hyung?” Minho spoke as he sat down.

“Wouldn’t it be nice to actually have Taeri with us?” Shownu smirked to himself, Chan exhaled and leaned back on his chair.

“You wont be able to just take her. Your men would die before they even get their hands on Taeri.” He intervened.

“We can still trick Taeri, don’t worry.” Minho chuckled before picking up his coffee.

“Hyung,” Chan looked at his cousin for help, but Shownu started to smile.

“Well, this might be the perfect time to attack Taeyong then.”

 

 

“What’s wrong, Tee?” Lucas said as he strolled into the room, Taeri looked up from her shoes. She was trying to put on her sneakers.

“I just didn’t feel like eating.” She replied, Lucas set the glass down and walked to her.

“I figured.” He grinned as he knelt before her and tied the laces. Taeri bit her lip before exhaling.

“They don’t know what to do with you, I mean, they know you already know about the whole..thing, but,” Lucas finally looked up, his left hand was on her knee.

“What?”

“You’re not reacting, and it’s…confusing them. Me too.” He spoke, Taeri sat up, she bit her lip before speaking.

“Lucas, I started this mess. And I want to end it myself. Talking to them, asking them to fix this for me after what I’ve done..I don’t think..I can do that.”

Lucas smiled and pressed his forehead against hers briefly.

“Of course you can do that, you’re the princess.”

“It’s not funny. Get out of my way, I want to eat bacon.” She muttered before getting her plate, Lucas chuckled and sat down beside her.

“But, seriously, how are you holding up?” He asked as he took note of the scratches on her neck.

“I’m fine.” She nodded quickly as he bit on her bread, Lucas’s forehead creased as he reached to cover her nape with his palm. Taeri paused and looked at him.

“Want to go out today? To take your mind off things. I’ll ditch class for you.” He offered as he met her gaze.

“I need new clothes.” She told him.

“I’m driving then.” He grinned before standing up.

“I’m giving you ten minutes!” He said playfully before going down the stairs.

“Man-child.” Taeri mused to herself before continuing with her meal.

 

 

Taeri went down the steps, her Chanel purse hung over one shoulder as she neared the living room, she found her brother and Johnny talking over coffee.

“Oh, are you heading off now?” Johnny looked up from the paper.

“Y—Yeah, I was jus wondering if Lucas and I can take the Rover….?” She asked, her eyes going to Taeyong briefly.

“Of course, you can. But don’t go alone.” Taeyong spoke from his seat, Johnny smiled to himself.

“Okay, cool.” She nodded quickly just as Lucas and Mark strolled into the room.

“Look at you, you look human now that you’ve fed yourself.” Lucas teased, Mark laughed.

“Don’t overdo it, she just might attack you.” Doyoung said as he strolled into the room.

“Young master,” The butler stepped into the room, Taeyong looked up from the couch.

“What is it?”

“We have a guest, miss Song Ahyoung has arrived.” The male said politely, Taeri blinked.

“Song Ahyoung?” She repeated just as a girl dressed in a black plaid mini dress and Gucci flats strolled into the room.

“Ahyoung-ah!” Mark greeted her.

“It’s miss Song!” Johnny nodded as the girl walked up to Lucas.

“Yukhei oppa!” She chuckled before hugging him, Taeri looked around her, they were all smiling at the newcomer.

“I heard about the news, are you guys okay?” Ahyoung asked as she walked to Taeyong and Johnny.

“We’re fine, Ahyoung. Did you just get back?” Taeyong gestured for her to sit.

“Right, how as China?” Lucas asked as he sat beside her, Taeri checked the time on her phone again.

“The weather was not that bad, and as always, the food was great.” She chuckled before squeezing Lucas’s hand.

“Right, you were there for a scholarship program,” Doyoung joined in.

“Yes, yes, oppa. I was really~”

“I’m leaving, so, bye.” Taeri spoke, they all faced her.

“You must be Taeri, hi!” Ahyoung beamed as she walked towards her, Taeri backed away just as the thick scent of her Hermes perfume assaulted her nostrils.

“Hey.” She nodded before turning for the doors.

“Well, we have plans. See you later then, lunch?” Lucas said as he stood up.

“Sure, just call me.” Ahyoung nodded at him before taking her seat.

Lucas nodded and headed out, he saw Taeri already approached the Range Rover.

“Hey, what’s the rush, gongzhu?” He grinned as he took they key from her.

“Ani, the oppas got busy so I thought I could just head off first because I don’t want to be late.”

“What?” Lucas blinked at her.

“Nothing. Get in the car.” She muttered before opening the door.

“What a brat. A lovely brat.” Lucas nodded to himself before getting inside the vehicle.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++