033

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

Taeri was arranging her recent purchases in her walk-in closet.

“Did you have fun today, agasshi?” The maid asked her as she took out the new pair of sneakers she bought.

“Unnie, is that girl living with us too?” She asked her as she tried on the black trench coat Lucas bought earlier.

“Yes, she lived her for a couple of months while you were away, they had a family emergency and it wasn’t safe for her to be at their neighborhood.”

“Ah, mafia business.” Taeri nodded as she checked her hair in the mirror.

“Why? Are you bothered about it, agasshi?”

“No, unnie. She’s just a little too…”

“Well, to be honest, we always had a feeling she has a crush on young master Lee and young master Wong, but it’s like she can’t choose.” The maid confided with a grin.

“Lee? Which Lee?” Taeri looked up.

“Your older brother.”

“Wow, nice.” Taeri replied, before the maid could react, a soft knock came from the doors, she glanced behind her.

“Then, I’ll come back later for the dresses, agasshi.” The maid excused herself and left the room. Taeri bit her lip and faced her brother.

“May I come in?” Taeyong asked softly.

Taeri nodded, the eldest Lee smiled and joined her inside the walk-in closet.

“Lucas mentioned you did some shopping, how was it? Fun?”

“Yeah, it was.” Taeri chewed on her lower lip.

“Taeri, I know things haven’t been really smooth sailing ever since you got here and oppa just wants you to know that~”

“No, I wasn’t planning for this to happen.” Taeri intervened.

“Ani, oppa, I was…I am the one supposed to go to you first to..apologize, what are you doing?” She mumbled, her eyes not meeting his. Taeyong started to smile.

“I failed to protect you too, Tee.”

Taeri frowned, she looked away.

“Look, all that matters now is that you’re safe and we’re kinda okay, right?” Taeyong walked to her and gently took her hands in his.

“Come on, look at oppa.” Taeyong nudged her, Taeri exhaled and faced him.

“I’m sorry, oppa. I was really unreasonable. I should have listened to you.” She whispered as tears slid down to her cheeks.

“It’s okay, it’s okay.” Taeyong said before pulling her to him and wrapping his arms around her.

Taeri smiled to herself and buried her face on his chest.

 

 

“Taeri’s bothered about Jo Jinhyuk. She doesn’t like how we still have nothing on him.” Lucas spoke as he and Jaehyun walked in the warehouse, Mark and Jungwoo were behind them.

“Who wouldn’t be? He’s the one who wants her dead.” Jaehyun replied.

“Shouldn’t we get to him first?” Lucas suggested.

“We should, but it’s an alias, Lucas.”

“Don’t you already have your people checking on that?” Jungwoo asked as they reached Changbin.

“Yeah.” Lucas replied as his eyes went to Changbin.

The male had passed out, his shirt was already crusted with blood and his bruises were starting to darken badly.

“Taeri…has always been true to her words.” Jaehyun murmured as he noticed the bullets.

“What are we going to do with him?” Mark asked as he looked away from the male.

“We let him crawl back to his friends, he may lead us to them.” Lucas stated, Jaehyun smirked.

“Shouldn’t we ask noona about it first?” Mark said hesitantly.

“Look, she already planted a chip on him.” Lucas pointed towards Changbin’s right ankle, it was finally then they noticed the small slit on the skin and it was stitched nicely.

“Did she tell you about this?” Jaehyun was surprised.

“Nope. It’s a pretty obvious move.” Lucas grinned before leaving them, Jungwoo grew amused.

“It’s not even obvious to me.” Mark muttered to himself.

Jaehyun just shook his head and followed the other male.

“They’re not doing anything. Something’s wrong.” Hyungwon spoke up, Shownu exhaled and shook his head.

 

 

“It’s unlike them not to do anything, is Taeyong already dead?” Jooheon chuckled. Wonho his lips and smiled to himself.

“Maybe they’re afraid to move, I mean, we already have that Jo Jinhyuk thing spread around.”

“Do you actually think that would scare Taeri?” Shownu replied.

“What are you saying? Who wouldn’t be? A lot of people want her dead because of money.”

“She’s worse than her brother, what Taeyong did to Jooheon was nothing.”

The table grew quiet.

“There’s a reason why Bangchan hated Lucas being around her so much,” Hyungwon reasoned.

“Lucas came from the Hong Kong clan, they’re known to be difficult to deal with and their deadly.”

“I thought it was just plain jealousy, I mean, Taeri is hot.”

“Sure, let’s not forget who ordered for Changbin to kidnapped and now, we still have no idea where he is or if he’s still breathing.”

“Taeri’s reckless, that’s why she and that Wong boy will be a deadly pair.”

“We better have a good plan then, I’m sure our Lee agasshi has a weakness.”

 

 

Taeri left her bed and exhaled, she couldn’t sleep. She started to take off her clothes and went to rummage her closet. She put on a gray two-piece bikini and stepped out of her room.

She glanced at the wall clock before going to the indoor pool.

“Two a.m.,” She mumbled to herself as she entered the pool area, she looked up and the glass panels offered her a view of the sky.

She took off her robe and slowly went down in the water, she closed her eyes briefly and let herself float around.

“Things are too quiet right now, it’s frustrating.” She whispered to herself, she glanced to her left just as Chapo and Pablo rushed into the area, she grinned as their eyes went to her.

She was about to call them over to join her when she heard a familiar purr from outside, she swam to the steel ladder and walked out of the area, Taeri crossed the living room and padded barefoot to the foyer.

She saw Lucas’s Bugatti pull over at his usual parking spot, she leaned against the doorway, not minding the chilly air.

Then Ahyoung slid down from the front seat carrying a McDonald’s bag with her, Lucas followed down.

“I just don’t understand; you ate a lot earlier.” He , Ahyoung was about to reply then she looked up.

“Oh, unnie!”

Lucas followed her gaze, the guards behind him all politely looked away.

“Taeri,” His forehead creased as he walked towards her while taking off his hoodie, Taeri blinked as he placed it around her.

“What are you doing? The pool’s inside.” Lucas started to push her back to the foyer, careful not to touch any exposed skin.

“Well, I heard the car.” She stated as she stepped back, she could smell the food from behind him.

“I got hungry, unnie. Would you like some?”

“I didn’t know you couldn’t drive.” Taeri stated, Lucas sighed and just pulled the jacket closer to her frame.

“You should be resting, Tee. Come on, let’s~”

Taeri shook him off and wore the jacket properly, Lucas looked away as she adjusted it around her frame. Taeri reached for her key from the coffee table.

“Where are you going?” Lucas reached for her hand.

“Out.”

“Taeri~”

“Are you my brother? Do I have to tell where I’m going? I’m older than you.” She replied, Lucas blinked. Ahyoung tensed, she bit her lip and looked at the two.

“Fine, go.” Lucas said, defeated.

Taeri snorted as she stepped out of the house, Ahyoung watched as one of the guards chased after with a pair of sneakers.

“Whoa, she really is the mafia princess.” Ahyoung said with a smile.

“Yeah.” Lucas said darkly, his jaw tightened as he watched the Mercedes Benz Wagon speed away from the property.

“Oppa, should we eat this in the kitchen or~”

 

“I’m not really hungry, I’ll be in my room.” Lucas shook her arm off his and walked towards the stairs.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++