035

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

“But, agasshi, we have instructions~”

“I need a status report. Now.” She barked as she stepped on the gas, she didn’t hit the brakes as she arrived at their property.

“They’re on the move, Changbin is located at one of their secret pubs, we have information that Shownu himself might be there as well.”

Taeri ended the call and pulled over in front of the house, she smirked as she saw white Ferrari Spider parked outside.

“Young miss, we received a call~”

“Where is she?” She sidestepped the butler and headed for the living room where she found Minah drinking tea.

Taeri’s phone started to ring in her jean pocket.

“Taeri, I was expecting~” Minah screamed when the girl walked up to her and yanked a fistful of her hair.

“I’m sure you weren’t expecting this.” She hissed as she pulled the girl out of the house, guards started to move around them.

“If you try to stop me right now, things well get messier than they are.”

“But, agasshi~”

“Head to the hospital, I’m sure they need back up.” She snapped before pushing Minah inside her car, she yanked the seatbelt and used it to tie her wrists together.

“What are you doing?” Minah yelled at her.

“Taking you back to the pound.”

 

 

Taeyong stepped in the room, his eyes went to his brother and to Lucas. And then he halted when he realized one thing.

Taeri wasn’t in the room.

“H—Hyung,…Taeri?” Lucas was wincing as the doctor proceeded to stitch the gash on his hairline.

“She… left before I did.” Taeyong sighed, he glanced behind him, Mark was badly beaten up. A swollen lip and a few bruised ribs.

“What happened? How could you walk around without guards?” Doyoung sighed, Jaehyun was barking orders on the phone.

“We just wanted to step out for a bit, lunch wasn’t exactly complete without Taeri.” Jungwoo spoke, he went to the restaurant earlier which had saved him from the attack.

“You have to find her. She’ll move alone, hyung.” Lucas pushed the doctor away and slid down from the bed.

“Lucas,”

The male faced Jaehyun.

“Even if Johnny hyung already has me searching for her, how sure are you that they’re going to find her? You know how she is!” Lucas argued. Taeyong exhaled and sat down, he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“If something happens to her, what will we do?” Lucas stated.

“She left her phone at the house. She went there and took Minah.”

“Minah?” Mark slowly sat up, he winced.

“Don’t tell me,” Lucas started to shake his head.

“She went to Shownu.”

 

 

Taeri kept on revving the engine, they were parked in front of a familiar looking club and Minah was crying beside her.

“And you think you could get away for tricking us? What a ing idiot.” Taeri laughed at her as she stepped on the gas again.

Then her lips quirked up as the front doors opened, Shownu showed up and his eyes zeroed in on her.

Taeri slid down from the car and smiled at him.

“You must really be losing it, presenting yourself to me now?” Shownu said as he walked towards her, his two goons stayed closely behind him.

“You’re the one who’s going to lose it.” Taeri replied as she went around the car and took Minah out, she saw how the male tensed up when he saw the girl.

“Oppa!” Minah whimpered as Taeri dragged her in front of the Mercedes Benz.

“A ing classic, Shownu. Some Trojan horse you sent us, couldn’t you look for a prettier one?” Taeri chuckled.

“You think a little girl like you can scare us? Wake up, Lee Taeri.” He cackled, Taeri sighed and shrugged at him.

“Okay. Here we go.” Taeri hummed, she grabbed Minah by the hair again, she popped her Benz’s hood open.

Shownu halted and Minah started to scream as Taeri pushed her face just inches above the engine.

“Well? Do I look awake to you now?” She asked him with a small smile.

“Sir,” His goons started to fidget, Taeri’s smile started to widen as she pushed Minah lower, the girl started to scream like hell.

“I’ve been warming up this baby for quite some time now, shall we test it?” Taeri offered as she pushed Minah’s face lower to the car’s steaming engine.

“What do you want, Lee Taeri?” Shownu spoke, Taeri started to laugh.

Then men started to surround them, they all had automatic rifles and it was all pointed at the Lee heiress.

“Do you think you can play with us, little girl?” Shownu started to smirk at her, he crossed the space between them.

Taeri tensed up, she pulled Minah off the car and pushed her away, the girl landed on the pavement, sobbing.

“Give it up, Taeri. We wont hesitate to kill you.” Shownu said as he walked to her, he slowly caressed her face.

“I bet your brother would love to bury you himself, right?”

“Maybe, or we could bury you.” Taeri nodded, before Shownu could react, the building behind him exploded.

Taeri flinched as the impact threw her back, she could hear Shownu yelling for his men as they scrambled away from the lot.

“What a crybaby.” Taeri commented as she sat up and wiped off the blood from her cheek. She took off the in-ear Bluetooth earpiece from her ear and got inside her car.

 

 

“We let you take in charge for just a week and now this happens.” Johnny said as he pointed towards the screen. News of an explosion caused by a “gas leak” at a local bar was starting to spread.

Doyoung exhaled and leaned back on his seat, they were all at the Lee residence. Yuta looked up from his wheelchair.

“Please tell me you knew about this.” Jaehyun looked at Lucas.

Taeyong loosened his tie and glanced at the staircase, Mark was up in his room, resting.

“How bad is it? Why can’t you reach her, oppa?” Ahyoung spoke, then she jumped when the front door opened.

Taeri appeared, there was a small scratch across her cheek and her clothes were soiled.

“So, you went alone. Classic Taeri.” Lucas began to clap his hands; her eyes went to him briefly.

“I don’t have time for this,” She said to him before turning to her brother. Taeyong let out a sigh of relief before cupping her face in his hands.

“Was it really necessary? The bomb?” Taeyong asked her.

“Bangchan’s phone got activated again, he wasn’t there.”

“Taeri, you just started a war. You attacked on their turf.” Johnny spoke.

“They did it first, what do you want me to do? Stand by and watch? Why? Because I’m a girl?” She challenged.

“This is coming from the same person who made me promise not to move alone.” Lucas snapped at her, Taeri halted, her eyes went to him.

“Guys,” Yuta sighed.

“Tee, come on. You need to clean that~” Jungwoo tried to push her back.

“At least I was doing something. I wasn’t just hopping around buying fast food at two in the morning.” She snapped at him.

“Can you even hear yourself right now? You’re a brat, Taeri. A spoiled brat.” Lucas spat.

Taeri was about to speak, but her eyes went to his wound, her lips quivered for a brief moment.

“Shownu’s in the trunk, somebody get him before he runs out of air. Or we could just let him die.” She stated before leaving the room.

 

Lucas slammed his fist against the wall before walking out of the house, seconds later the black Bugatti was already speeding away from the property.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++