020

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

“Lucas is staying with us for the time being.” Taeyong announced, Yuta nodded.

The three eldest members were at Johnny’s office.

“How is he?” Johnny asked.

“He needed stitches, but he’s doing fine.”

“Aigoo, is oppa still annoyed by it?” Johnny chuckled, Yuta blinked. Taeyong just ignored his friend and finished his coffee.

“Wae? Did that guy escape? I thought you had Jaehyun take care of it?” Yuta asked.

“No, not that.”

“Jaehyun did take care of him. He gave us a name. Jo Jinhyuk.”

“Taeyong oppa feels bad because Taeri didn’t call for him.” Johnny chuckled, Yuta grew amused.

“I heard from Doyoung, when that man got her, she screamed for Lucas.” Yuta mused, Taeyong glanced at his friends warily.

“Oppa’s jealous.” Johnny chortled.

“I’m just glad she’s safe, that’s all. Lucas and her get along well, that’s good.” Taeyong stated.

“But you still feel bad that she didn’t call for you like how she always did.”

“I’m out.” He muttered darkly as he stood up.

 

 

Bangchan looked up as Taeri joined them in their table, she glanced around them.

“So, you guys are out here studying?” She was amused, Jisung grinned at her.

They were at the campus’s gardens with their textbooks and notes out.

“Well, from time to time we do study.” Chan smiled as she sat down, he paused when he saw the bruise around her neck.

“What happened there, Taeri?” Changbin spoke coyly, he was pointing towards her neck. Chan’s jaw tightened in annoyance.

“Oh, we had a complication last night.” She shrugged in a cool manner before taking out her laptop. She glanced at the boys as she spoke, Chan was staring at the wound on her elbow.

She caught Changbin smirking at Minho briefly, Taeri leaned on the table.

“You all look curious about my injuries,” She chuckled, Jisung blinked and looked up.

“Aniya, we just rarely see you..all…bruised up.”

“I’m fine.” She patted Chan’s arm, the latter exhaled and nodded.

“Are you sure you don’t need to have that checked?” Bangchan asked, his forehead creasing as he touched the bandage on her elbow.

“No, not anymore.” She smiled before pressing her lips against his.

“It’s all good now.” She whispered as she pulled away from him.

 

 

Taeri opened the email from Lucas’s assistant, the young miss smiled as Hong Minah’s file appeared before her.

“Hong Construction Group. She’s a senior here.” She murmured.

“What are you up to?” Jaehyun asked as he sat beside her with lunch, she winked at him before taking a slice of his sandwich.

“Hong Minah. Lucas’s people got some good stuff about her.”

“What stuff?”

“She frequents this casino a few miles off Seoul, it’s a little suspicious.”

“Aren’t all casinos suspicious?” Jaehyun replied as he looked at the screen.

“Ask me who owns that casino.”

“Who?”

“Shownu’s father.”

Jaehyun halted, Taeri started to smile, obviously there was more.

“And look at this, oppa.” She stated just as a grainy CCTV footage played on the screen.

“Isn’t that Minah?” Jaehyun blinked, Minah was walking across the hall, then she took a seat just beside the male seated by the bar.

Minah smiled before climbing unto the male’s lap and started making out with him.

“That’s Shownu.” Jaehyun stated.

“Yeah, the very guy who sent Johnny oppa to the ER last year.”

“Well, Taeyong hyung pretty much injured Jooheon for life. He has a limp now.” Jaehyun added as he shut the laptop close in disdain.

“So, Minah and Shownu? But why?” Jaehyun murmured.

“And did I mention that this video was taken last week?” Taeri said while batting her eyelashes, Jaehyun paused.

“Wow, you are scary.” Jaehyun nodded to himself.

“Anyway, I have to check on this more. I have to get to class, see you later, Jung.”

 

 

Mark looked up as Lucas walked in the living room.

“Wow, you look worse than I do.” Jungwoo commented as the male sat down.

“Did you bring lunch?” Lucas said as he sat down.

“We ordered pizza, how are you feeling?”

“Better,” Lucas said as he looked around, the house seemed so quiet.

“Noona’s at school, she refuses to rest.” Mark shrugged, Jungwoo grinned at him.

“Do we have a name? That man last night.” Lucas asked them, Mark took out a photo of the male.

“His name is Go Changhun. One of Gilbae’s men.”

Lucas paused.

“That means Hong Gilbae lied to us. He’s still dealing drugs in our area. We already have men locating him.” Mark explained, Lucas nodded.

“I’m still wondering how he can afford an operation like that.” Jungwoo stated.

“Oh, you two are up.”

The three looked up as Taeyong walked in the living room, the butler followed behind him with some plates and drinks. Soon the pizza was being served to them.

“Mark,” Taeyong spoke, they could sense how distressed the older male was.

“What, hyung?”

Taeyong exhaled before dropping an envelope on the table, Lucas pulled the pizza to safety. Jungwoo picked up the photos and he halted.

“I know I said yes to whatever she wanted, but that,” Taeyong muttered, Jungwoo laid all the photos down on the table.

Lucas paused, it was a photo of Taeri kissing Bangchan in campus grounds.

“Why are you spying on your little sister? She already told you what she wanted in exchange for getting rid of your engagement.” Jungwoo commented, Mark pushed the photos away.

Lucas picked up one of the photos, his forehead creased.

Her plan’s been made.

He tossed it back to the table, his jaw clenched and unclenched. His eyes went to the other pictures, he exhaled before pushing his glass of juice away from him.

“Still, she’s parading this…scumbag around.” Taeyong spat, Lucas stood up.

“You’re not eating?” Mark looked up, Lucas shook his head.

 

“I lost my appetite.” Lucas said before heading up the stairs.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++