036

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

“How do we do this?” Doyoung spoke.

“Well, we have Shownu at the warehouse. He refuses to speak, and to be honest,” Johnny trailed off.

“They may attack anytime.”

Taeyong exhaled and looked at his phone.

“Taeri pretty much finished his game.” Jaehyun spoke, Yuta looked at him.

“What she said was right, they did start it. My car accident, the shooting, and just today, Mark and Lucas.”

“All of those happened in our turf.”

“She’s too unstable right now, hyung.” Doyoung said in a concerned tone.

“Do you want me to explain this for you?” Johnny offered, Jungwoo exhaled.

“It’s Ahyoung. She’s messing with the balance. Taeri’s not used to having another female around. Especially with someone like Ahyoung, who’s a little..” Johnny gave them a knowing shrug.

“I mean, whose idea was it to invite her over?” Doyoung groaned, Jungwoo started to smile on his seat.

“Well, those two wont ever spit out their feelings unless we try to~”

“Anyway, you fix that. We can’t reach Taeri now so, you do it.”

“But Lucas usually does that,” Jungwoo protested, the older males just sent him looks.

“So, what did Taeri do to Shownu?” Yuta waved him away.

“Guess.” Taeyong started to smile.

“Bullets?” Yuta asked.

“No. She pressed his face against her car’s engine.”

“Aigoo, our precious angel.”

 

 

Lucas checked his reflection on the mirror, he was back in the hospital. The doctor continued to stitch up his wound quietly.

“You see, you keep on losing your cool when it comes to her.”

He looked up, Jungwoo was smiling as he stood by the doorway.

“It’s so unlike you.”

“I just want her to be careful. It’s her head they’re after.” He winced as the the bandge was placed over his gash.

“Then why cant you just calmly tell her that?”

Lucas remained quiet and the doctor stepped out of the room.

“You always turn into this monster when it comes to protecting her, and you don’t want her to see that. Because you know how she hates it when we hover over her.”

“Do I really need to explain that?” Lucas replied as he picked up his coat.

“Then, how about you tell her how you really feel?”

Lucas faced his friend and shook his head.

“Lucas, she needs you right now. And I know you’re still angry, but you’re the only one who can reach her.”

Lucas paused, his forehead creasing.

“You’re the only one who can pull her out.”

“She might just push me away, Jungwoo-ayh.”

“Well, has she ever?” He replied, Lucas looked away.

“She never pushed you away ever since you two became friends. In fact, she actually lets you get away with everything.”

Lucas bit his lip and left the room, Jungwoo smiled to himself.

“This better work, or we’ll really be hiding bodies.”

 

 

Taeri’s fingers curled around the bat’s handle as she faced Shownu.

“I didn’t know you were this intent in finding your past lover, Taeri.” Shownu cackled, a huge part of his cheek was burnt beyond recognition.

She didn’t speak, instead she just whacked him in the gut, Shownu grunted in pain.

“You must feel proud of yourself, sending your men to attack two university students.”

“They were an easy target.” Shownu chuckled, Taeri nodded back and hit his knee with such force that even the guards heard a distinct cracking sound.

Shownu started to grin.

“I will pulverize your group. It’s a promise.” She leaned over to meet his gaze.

“I don’t even care where Bangchan is, I just want you to die a slow painful death.” She mused at him, Shownu swallowed.

“You think I wont kill you just because I have nothing on him? Do you think I care?” She shook her head.

“I’ve let this go on for so long, letting you hurt my brothers, letting you take things from me, I hate it. So,” Taeri walked towards the table, Shownu finally saw what she was holding. He was starting to panic.

“They will come for you! My friends will know what~” Shownu choked when the wrench came close to his left hand.

“I made Changbin swallow bullets, I remember wanting to crush one of your people with the same truck that they used against Yuta, and now, should I remove the very fingers that send messages to your goons?” She said as she adjusted the wrench’s mechanisms.

“Of all the people you could target, why couldn’t you just wait until I get to cool down first?” She chuckled.

“Shooting Taeyong wasn’t enough, now you just had to get Mark involved. And Lucas too.”

“So, you admit it? You left Chan for that bastard.” Shownu spat at her face, Taeri grew amused.

“Be careful with your words, I might be tempted to get rid off that tongue first.”

Taeri paused when she heard the doors slide open, she glanced behind her.

“Taeri,”

 

 

Lucas exhaled as he walked in the warehouse, Taeri tossed the wrench away. He could see how much she complicated before facing him.

“I was just questioning him.”

“I didn’t come here for him, come.” Lucas tried to reach for her hand, but Taeri took a step back.

“Taeri, please.” Lucas met her gaze evenly, her forehead creased.

“See, you’re just the same. Letting a guy control over you, why do you think Chan tricked you? You get trapped easily!” Shownu cackled.

Lucas’s jaw tightened, his eyes went to the male.

“I mean, you yourself fell for Chan’s trap. I saw the photos, they were ex~”

Lucas walked towards one of the guards and took his pistol, he cocked the gun and shot Shownu’s right foot.

“Continue talking.” Lucas barked as he shot his other foot, Shownu was already screaming.

“Why aren’t you continuing?” He snapped as he raised the gun again, aiming for knee.

“Lucas,”

His eyes focused back to her, he exhaled before tossing the gun away. Taeri crossed her arms and just looked away from him.

“I’m sorry, come.” Lucas said before pulling her with him towards the doors.

Taeri leaned against the wall and faced him, she chewed on her lower lip.

“I—I’m sorry for losing it earlier, Taeri. I just..I was worried sick.”

Taeri’s eyes went to the gash on his forehead, she started to shake her head.

“I’ve been letting them take too much for me. I hate it.”

“Taeri, I know you want to kill that guy, but there’s always another way.”

“Says the guy who shot him.” She replied, Lucas sighed.

“We need him alive, you know that.” He reasoned with her, Taeri blinked.

“He keeps on hurting everyone, Lucas. What right does he have to continue breathing?”

“Taeri, everyone’s fine. His group wont attack because they know we have him in our hands.”

“Everyone’s fine?” She repeated and threw her hands up.

“Is that fine to you?” She pointed towards the wound on his head, Lucas halted.

“Taeri~”

“Just go, Lucas. Bother someone else, call up Ahyoung or~”

“Why do you always bring her up!?” Lucas snapped, Taeri halted.

“Look, I don’t have time for this. I have to squeeze out everything I can from Shownu~”

“You always do this, Taeri!”

“What do you want me to do, Lucas? Go with you for a late night drive? Or an early morning~”

Lucas grabbed her face and just pressed his lips against hers, Taeri stilled as he pulled back.

“I don’t need you to do anything, in fact I want you to stop.”

“W-What~”

“Taeri, if you keep on doing this, you’re going to lose yourself. And I don’t want that happen. I understand that they’ve done so much against you and everyone care for. But this has to stop, you’re getting too much. It’s scaring everyone.” He said softly as he met her gaze and cupped her cheeks.

“B—But, he hurt you.” Taeri said, her lips quivered slightly.

“Come back, Taeri. Let us handle this.”

“Lucas~”

“I want you. Just you.” He said as he pressed his forehead against hers.

 

“So, let me protect you. For my own sanity, please let me take care of this.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++