003

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

“So, what are your plans?” Johnny asked as they stepped out of the club, males would eye Taeri appreciatively until they realize who she was standing with, then they would avert their gaze quickly.

“Korea University Business School.” She stated, Jungwoo laughed.

“How predictable.” Doyoung chuckled, Lucas glanced around them.

“I guess I have classes with Mark too. How weird.” She shrugged, Jungwoo shook off his coat and draped it around her.

“Do you have a ride home? I can drop you off.” He offered.

“No, thanks, baby. I have some things to do.” She said to him.

“Taeri, it’s already late. Just go home, Taeyong hyung’s probably asleep by now. You wont see him.” Johnny chided her, Taeri rolled her eyes at them.

“Oppa, I’m not a child anymore. So, see you around.” She said before sidestepping him, Doyoung watched as the girl left.

“Well, that’s her.” Johnny nodded at Lucas.

“She seems~”

“He meant that was your cue. Go.” Jungwoo said, Lucas blinked.

“What do~”

“You promised hyung you’d watch over her. It begins now. Good luck, Lucas.” Doyoung laughed before pushing him forward.

 

 

Taeri sighed in annoyance as she slammed the fridge’s door close, she glanced to her left,and surely the tall figure was still there.

“Ya, what do you want?” She asked as she approached him, they were inside the mini mart, and the other customers paused as they looked at her.

“You do know this area, right?” He asked her, completely unfazed by her attitude.

“I grew up here, kid.” She replied.

“Kid?” Lucas blinked, he walked up to her, Taeri blinked as his palm hovered above her head, then it went to his chest.

“You’re only up to here, and I’m the kid?” He mused, then he gestured to his chest.

“You’re the kid, short one.” He chuckled, Taeri exhaled and closed her eyes.

“Just go away, I know they asked you to watch over me. But~”

“This territory isn’t ours, and you’re walking alone at night.” Lucas stated as he took the basket from her. He studied the items briefly.

“It’s so petty. Territories, my . It’s all the same, everyone’s fighting for power and just~”

“And one of the leader’s children is walking around shopping for junk food and flashing that tattoo on her finger.” He pointed out, Taeri curled her fingers. Lucas chuckled at her.

“I have a point, huh, Lee Taeri?”

“It’s noona, you brat.” She said before leaving him, Lucas followed her to the counter.

“You don’t look like a noona.” He said as he unloaded her things onto the counter, the cashier was eyeing him appreciatively.

“Look, it was nice of you even though it was your assignment to stalk me here, thanks for helping me out. But can you please leave?” She said to him, the cashier was stunned at her tone.

“Aigoo, you’re tough to crack.” Lucas smiled before patting her head, Taeri slapped his hand away.

“Tell my brother to stop it too. I don’t like him meddling in my life again.” She said before taking the bag and handing a few bills to the lady, Lucas heard the cashier mutter in annoyance.

Taeri had paid the girl in Hong Kong dollars.

Lucas took out his card and handed it to the girl.

“Sorry, that noona is a little lost.”

 

 

Mark took his seat across Jaehyun, breakfast was being served before them. It was almost like an unspoken tradition for them to gather at the mansion every first day of class. It all started with the older boys and somehow the younger ones continued it.

“This looks good,” Johnny said as he walked in, already dressed for work.

“I have a meeting in two hours,” Yuta commented as he sat down. Lucas and Jungwoo strolled in while chatting with each other.

“Doyoung hyung can’t make it, he has to fly to Jeju.” Mark spoke up.

“Why do we have so many people over?” Another voice joined, Taeri appeared by the door, clad in a pair of shorts and a tank top.

“Noona,” Mark smiled at her.

“Everyone’s all dressed up. Mafia chic.” She mused before approaching her seat, Jungwoo smiled as he pulled the chair for her.

“Lucas said you were a pain in the .” Yuta started as he picked up his coffee, Lucas sat down across her.

“Oh, was he talking about himself then?” She replied before chewing, Mark chuckled.

“Noona, we can go together today. You don’t have a car.” Mark said to her.

“You’re going to let her drive alone?” Johnny commented, Taeri rolled her eyes at him.

“Or I can drop you off, your building’s near to mine.” Jaehyun offered.

“I’ll ride with Jungwoo. He’s easier to deal with.” She answered, then Taeyong stepped into the room. Lucas glanced at Taeri briefly, the girl continued eating.

“It’s your first day at university,” Taeyong said to Jungwoo as he sat down.

“We’re all worried that the university might not be able to handle a Lee Taeri, hyung.” He replied sweetly.

“I’m done.” Taeri stood up, the table grew quiet. Taeyong exhaled and leaned back on his seat.

“Hey, noona, it’s breakfast. And we haven’t shared a meal in a while~” Taeri shook Mark off.

“Taeri-yah,” Taeyong spoke, Taeri finally looked at him.

“Sit down. Let’s eat.” He said to her.

“I lost my appetite, tell the chef to serve my breakfast upstairs.” She said to Mark before leaving the dining hall. Johnny and Yuta glanced at Taeyong worriedly, the latter was watching the girl as she climbed back to her room.

Lucas flinched and shook his head, somehow he had a feeling just what kind of girl Lee Taeri was and he was amused by it.

“Wow. She hates you.” He said to Taeyong, Jaehyun shook his head at him.

“She said the same thing about you.” Mark chuckled.

 

 

“Do we really just let Lucas handle this?” Yuta asked doubtfully, Taeyong glanced at the windows. The two were still talking outside.

“They get along?” Taeyong asked.

“I worry for Lucas.” Johnny nodded, Mark laughed.

“She can be very….harsh.” Jugnwoo nodded along, Taeyong walked to the windows again.

“But, he’s making her talk, look.” He spoke, Jaehyun followed his gaze, Taeri was scowling at the Wong heir.

“It won’t be long till they start getting along, Lucas has that strange ability to be friends with everyone.” Mark said, Yuta smiled.

“We have that gathering tonight, is everything ready?” Taeyong cleared his throat.

“Yeah, we just need them to appear. Then we can seal the deal.” Johnny replied.

“Then, what about those inmates?” Jaehyun asked, Jungwoo looked up.

“I’ll handle that on my own.” Taeyong replied, Mark smirked.

“They deserve what’s coming for them.” Yuta snorted before picking up his coat.

“And, hyung,” Jaehyun spoke.

“What about Taeri? If our..enemies hear that she’s back and she keeps on going around unprotected…” He trailed off, Taeyong glanced at the window again, a black SUV had followed the Bugatti as it left.

“But with Lucas around, I doubt anyone will even try getting in her way.” Yuta spoke.

“Exactly.” Jungwoo nodded, remembering how different sunny Lucas was to serious Lucas.

“Lucas has another side to him and it’s fascinating. Also a little scary.” Johnny nodded along.

“That’s why he’s better suited to watch over her. He can handle Taeri.”

 

 

Taeri was dressed in a pair black skinny jeans and ripped sweater that hugged her curves nicely, she was leaning against Jungwoo’s car, waiting for him. She looked up when Lucas stepped out of the house, he was in the process of putting his leather jacket on.

“I’ve been sent with instructions,” He said as he approached her.

“What?”

“You can only ride with me.”

“Go away.” She groaned, Lucas chuckled before taking her Chanel backpack from her.

“I mean it.” He said to her, he jutted his lips behind them, Yuta and Johnny were standing by the doorway. Yuta gave her a nod and gestured for her to follow Lucas.

“Just what is he~”

“It wasn’t Taeyong hyung, it was your father. He knows how obedient you are, that’s why he assigned you to me.”

“Are you a bodyguard? You’re a son of the mafia too, why are you letting them order you around?” She argued, Lucas gave her a dry look, miraculously, Taeri started to walk behind him.

“I like helping people.” He replied to her as they reached an all black Bugatti Veyron.

“You’re not Dr. Phil, Wong Yukhei.” She muttered.

“And, we can go car shopping after class.” He said cheerfully.

“Are we two friends? You’re getting too comfortable.” She faced him, Lucas started to smile.

“We already drank together, your highness. And you cursed me to my face last night. So yeah, we’re buddies now.” He said as he opened the car’s door for her.

“So, you wanna tell me why you and your older brother don’t get along? I’m all ears.”

“How about you stop talking and just start the car? It’s cold.” She said before sliding in the seat and closing the door to his face.

“Well, she definitely has Lee Taeyong’s temper.” Lucas nodded to himself before jogging around the Veyron and getting inside the driver’s seat.

“Can we ditch class and go car shopping instead?” Taeri asked him.

“So, we’re friends now? You’re getting comfortable.” He shot back, Taeri shut and glared at him, Lucas laughed.

 

“You win this round, Wong.” Taeri rolled her eyes at him Lucas just continued to laugh as he stepped on the gas.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++