025

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

“Taeri, what are you saying? Sinchon exit?” Lucas asked as they arrived at the rooftop garden, she wrapped her arms around herself before speaking. Yuta has been transferred to a room and everyone was relieved that he was already out of the operating room.

“Earlier, Chan received this call, I grew curious because..he was whispering and he looked so agitated.”

Lucas exhaled, he shook off his coat and wrapped it around her, Taeri bit her lip before speaking.

“He said something about Sinchon exit. And that something was going to happen today.”

Lucas stilled, Taeri saw how his face tightened, he was about to turn for the elevator but Taeri grabbed his arm.

“Taeri, they have to hear this. If this~”

“If this doesn’t end well, my cover will be blown.”

“I don’t care. You’re done messing around with him. It’s time you let us take over~”

“This is exactly why I refused to tell the others, Lucas.” She snapped, Lucas paused, he could see the tears b her in her eyes.

“I know I may sound greedy, but I have to do this. I got us into this mess by letting Bangchan in.”

“T~”

“If we ever prove that it was them, I want to be the one to make them suffer. Not the others.”

“I know what you want to happen, Taeri. And I understand why, but I hate it.” Lucas spoke, Taeri shook her head.

“He’s always touching you.”

“I have to let him, it’s all part of the act, Wong.” She explained, Lucas let out a breath and shook his head.

“Come on, you still have my back, right?” Taeri said softly, she took her hand in his and her fingers wrapped around his pinky.

“If it really was them who did this to Yuta oppa, I want to be the one to make them pay. And I need you to trust me that I can do it.”

“I don’t want to see you hurt. That’s my condition.” He replied, Taeri gave him a small smile.

“You can always third-wheel on our dates.” She offered.

“I hate you.” He muttered before pulling her to his chest, Taeri chuckled.

 

 

“What happens now?” Mark spoke, Taeri leaned back on her chair, they were gathered in the dining area and everyone took their respective seats at the dining table.

“First, Jo Jinhyuk is an alias and we have our people combing through streets to find out who he really is. I also have ears in the black market, but still, nothing about him.” Johnny spoke.

“What are we going to do about Yuta oppa? It’s on the news. Eyes are on this case.” Taeri spoke up, Jungwoo bit his lip.

“In the meantime, I think it would be better if Jaehyun steps up, to fill in Yuta’s place.” Taeyong suggested, Jaehyun paused, his eyes went to Doyoung.

“Hyung, is~”

“It’s better if we have someone watching by the sidelines, I can’t let you multitask. Don’t worry.” Doyoung nodded, Lucas glanced at Mark.

“We have to talk about Shownu too.” Taeri stated, heads turned to her.

“Hong Minah wants to rush the wedding, and I think I know why.”

Taeyong nodded from his seat.

“I saw this video, Minah and Shownu.” Doyoung nodded, Taeri exhaled and crossed her arms.

“Shownu might have planned this, have Minah..stick close to Taeyong oppa just to get details on us.”

“And what do you plan to do, princess?” Johnny asked.

“I say we use her.”

Jaehyun glanced at her.

“By using her we can trace Shownu and whatever his friends are up to. It’s too easy.”

“We also need eyes on their group too, he’s been transferring large sums of money to an untraceable account.” Taeri added, the boys just stared back at her.

“I almost forgot how you worked.” Doyoung grinned at her.

“This is what you wanted, right? I’m back.” Taeri said as she stood up, Taeyong smiled to himself.

“Should we be worried, princess?” Jaehyun said with a smile.

“No.” Taeri shook her head before leaving the table.

“Well, there she goes.” Johnny nodded, Lucas glanced at him curiously.

“It’s going to be intense now, Taeri’s taking over.” Doyoung nodded, Taeyong stood up from his seat and headed for his study.

“What do you mean, hyung?” Lucas spoke, Mark bit his lip.

“Well, in our world, Taeyong’s known to be coldhearted and strict, but, Taeri…Taeri’s actually..worse.”

“Taeri?” Lucas blinked.

“She has a tendency to shut people out when she needs to.”

“Taeri’s ruthless. When she wants to get something, she really will stop at nothing just to have it.”

 

 

“Noona,”

Taeri looked up from her desk, she set her pen down. Mark’s hair was still damp as he walked into her room.

“It’s late.” She commented as her brother sat down on the couch.

“What made you decide all this? You’re back?”

“I figured I had nothing else to do, I might as well help out.”

“Really? That’s it?” Mark faced her, she smiled and stood up.

“What else?” She shrugged as she sat down beside him, Mark bit his lip before speaking.

“Must you continue seeing him?”

Taeri paused, Mark exhaled before facing her.

“I just…Seeing you with him, it’s uncomfortable, noona. I don’t like it. Besides, there are other guys around you too. You just have to look.” Mark suggested.

“Then will you tell me the real reason why did that thing happen years ago?”

Mark turned quiet, Taeri smiled and just leaned against him.

“Can’t you and Taeyong hyung patch things up? I miss us three going on trips together.” Mark murmured.

“It’s a slow process, maknae. Don’t worry, we’ll probably get there soon.”

 

 

“Did you get what I needed?” Taeri spoke, the male nodded back. He took out a small handheld device from his pocket, she smiled.

“It’s been installed, agasshi. It will be activated in two hours, its need recalibration.”

“Good, well?” She looked up, a six-wheeler truck was parked infront of her.

“We already had someone check for fingerprints, agasshi. And we got a match.” He stated as he took out an envelope.

“Do we know him?” She spoke, she checked the time on her watch. It was just six in the morning and the sun hadn’t come out yet.

“We know his tattoo.”

Taeri paused, she took out the papers and a photo of middle aged male appeared. Her eyes went to the collar of his shirt, a bit of his tattoo was showing.

“Shownu again.” She spoke and looked at the male.

“We discovered that he used to driver Yoo Kihyun, agasshi. The gang we encount~”

“I know.” Taeri crumpled the files, the male looked at her in surprise.

“I’m going to pay them a visit. And I don’t want anyone tailing me.” She said as she walked towards her car, the guards started to panic.

“Agasshi, we can’t~”

They halted when Taeri took out something from her car’s trunk, the Lee heiress smiled as she tucked the item on the waistband of her jeans.

 

“I’ll call if I need anything.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++