004

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

“Okay, this part you really need to leave me alone.” Taeri said as she stepped down from the car, Lucas chuckled and slung his bag over one shoulder.

“It’s your first day in a new campus, and you’re a freshman, Taeri.” He said to her as they crossed the street.

“Does that make us batch mates then?” She sighed, Lucas gestured for her to walk first.

“Did you take a rest year?” He asked her as they reached their building, Taeri gave him a nod, her eyes roamed around the place, Lucas watched as the girl walked ahead of him.

“I worry for the other students who might come your way.” He murmured to himself, then before he could call her and group of girls approached her and greeted her happily.

“Hi, you must new here! We’re in-charge of giving freshmen tours and helping them adjust to university life!” They said cheerfully, Lucas saw in amusement how Taeri’s eyes widened and she backed away.

“Do you need help? We can introduce you to clubs too.” One said cheerfully, Taeri grimaced.

“Or we can walk you to your first period!”

Lucas wanted to keel over and laugh at the girl’s reaction, Taeri had no way out as the three girls surrounded her.

“Nah, we can handle it all, sunbaes.” He stepped in, the girls instantly turned their attention to them. Taeri rolled her eyes.

“Y—You’re new too?” One of them beamed at him, Lucas nodded.

“I can show her around, I was here last week.” Lucas said, not really realizing how the girls were trying to catch his attention.

He looked at Taeri again, she was just staring at him. He exhaled before holding onto the strap of her bag and pulling her along with him.

“You still want to be left alone?” He mused as they approached the marble steps of the building.

“Now’s not that time to gloat, Wong.” She replied.

“See you at lunch later then, Lee Taeri. Your first period is on the fourth floor, last room on the left.” He stated, Taeri blnked at him.

“Mark gave me your class schedule.” He explained to her.

“Hmm. You my nanny now?”

“At this rate, you really might need one. Don’t be mean to the other kids.” Lucas reminded before leaving her, Taeri shook her head and got in one of the elevators.

 

 

Johnny leaned back on his seat and loosened his tie.

“It’s getting more media coverage, what shall we do?” He asked, Yuta looked at their friend.

“It’s time we call.” Taeyong stated, Yuta smiled before taking out his phone.

“They always do this every year, how repetitive.” Johnny said just as two males walked into the room.

“They’ve all be released; you know the protocol.” Taeyong spoke, the males nodded.

“Do it cleanly, no traces. The police aren’t supposed to find out, even though we have the chief on payroll. There will always be some rats who want to climb up the ladder.” Yuta added.

“Yes, young masters.” The two goons left the room, Taeyong exhaled.

“Why do they do this? They keep on released criminals, and claiming that they had escaped.” Johnny started.

“But in reality, they let them escape. Then we catch them, and we are given instructions to finish them? Why can’t the government do it themselves?” Johnny stated.

“Because they can’t, they’re afraid to.” Taeyong replied before flexing his neck.

“How are things?” Yuta asked him.

“Abeoji wants us to gather for dinner tonight. He wants Taeri to be there too. I’m worried.” Taeyong spoke, his eyes went to the envelope on the table.

“And, she’s needed to be at that party this weekend too.”

“She’ll probably not show up on both.” Yuta mused.

“I know,” Taeyong stood up, he walked towards the windows.

“Do you want me to check on him?” Johnny offered, he noticed how his friend tensed up at the mention of the male.

“I heard he’s back in Seoul.” Taeyong stated, Yuta glanced at him.

“He is.”

“He better not appear before her again.”

 

 

Taeri yawned as she left the lecture hall, students were all chatting as she made her way to the cafeteria, then she saw her brother.

Mark was walking with Jungwoo, making their way towards the cafeteria doors. Lucas was tailing them closely; he was checking on his phone. Taeri also saw the group of girls following them from behind. It looked like they were trying to get the boys’ attention. She smirked before walking towards them.

“Hey, baby.” Taeri spoke before tossing her backpack to Jungwoo, he smiled before holding onto her bag.

“So, no bodies to hide yet?” Lucas asked her, Mark laughed.

“No, not yet.” She answered before hooking her arm around Jungwoo’s.

“How was class, noona?” Mark asked her.

“So much Korean. My head’s about to explode.” She said in Chinese, Mark grinned.

You were in Hong Kong for just three years, you’re overreacting.” Lucas commented back, she glared at him.

“He just wouldn’t let me live.” She muttered, she glanced behind her, sure enough, the prancing and preening females were all glaring at her.

And she loved it.

“Chicken, pork or beef?” Mark asked her as they cued.

“Two sets for me. Beef.” She winked at him before searching for a table, Mark nodded knowingly.

“How is it? She hasn’t stabbed you yet?” Mark mused at the taller male, Jungwoo chuckled.

“She’s only nice to Jungwoo.” Lucas spoke.

“He’s the best friend. I’m just a brother.” Mark shrugged.

“Of course, I’m her favorite mafia son.” Jungwoo said proudly.

“I’ll race you to that then.” Lucas gave him a thumbs up. Mark shook his head before taking out his wallet.

 

 

Taeri stared at the two males who invited themselves on the table.

“Are you alone? You’re new, huh?”

“We’re juniors.”

“Ah.” She said dryly.

“Oppa can show you around later, do you still have class?” One offered while trying to reach for her hand.

“I do. A lot.” Taeri replied.

“Then, give us your number. We’ll message each other, “ One winked at her, Taeri was about to react when two trays of food appeared before her.

“She doesn’t need to message anyone. She wont have to.” Lucas spoke in his usual deep tone as he sat beside her.

The two males looked at him briefly, his brows went up.

“Who are you? You’re pretty rude to be interfering.” One spoke to him, Lucas just stared back at him.

“You’re too old to bothering a freshman. Leave.” Lucas said without looking up from his food, Taeri paused.

“She’s not interested. I can tell.” Lucas started before taking a spoonful of his rice.

“Ya, you~”

Lucas stood and exhaled, the males finally realized that he towered over them and that the younger male meant business.

“I’m actually protecting you from her. She’s scary.” Lucas said, his tone a little harsh. Taeri eyed him warily.

“Touching her could mean losing a finger or two.” He explained, the males grunted and left the table. Seconds later, Mark and Jungwoo arrived.

The youngest Lee handed Taeri her other set of food.

“What was that?” Jungwoo asked.

“Lucas broadcasting that I’m a monster.” Taeri answered simply before eating.

“You’re too pretty to be one, noona.” Mark nodded.

“Nope, still not going to that dinner tonight, kid.” Taeri said to him, Mark shrugged.

“I tried.” He said, Jungwoo patted his shoulder.

“Ya,” Lucas nudged her, Taeri glanced at him.

“I’ll trade you.” He said to her, Taeri blinked at him.

“A slice of your beef and a piece of broccoli from me.” Lucas finished, Mark and Jungwoo paused.

“Screw off.” Only she didn’t say screw. She used another word, with four letters.

Lucas laughed and took the beef anyway, Taeri groaned and just went back to eating.

“He really does like risks.” Mark blinked at him as Lucas chewed happily, Jungwoo nodded.

 

“They do get along well. How nice.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

This is Lucas, guys.

tumblr_p56w4u8wbY1uciwrso3_540.gif              tumblr_p54754B2Je1v08w38o4_400.gif

 

A/N:

I won't be able to update for 2 weeks max. Heading to LA the tomorrow. You can always reach me on my twitter account, @bluestone1317

See you when I get back! :>