009

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

Lucas pulled over at the house’s curb, Taeri glanced at him.

“See you tomorrow then.” She spoke, Lucas gave her a nod. Taeri scrunched her nose before picking up her backpack.

“I need to buy dog food tomorrow.” She stated.

“I’ll bring a bigger car. Go on.” Lucas nodded, Taeri sighed before sliding down the car, she made her way to the front door and paused, she glanced behind her just as the Bugatti Veyron sped away from the property.

“He’s usually a chatterbox.” She mumbled as she walked in the house, she climbed up the stairs and headed straight for her room.

Taeri dropped her things on the carpeted floor and padded towards the bookshelves, she exhaled before pulling out a thin floral printed folder.

She opened it and plucked out a photo, her forehead creased as she walked to her bed and sat down.

“It’s been three years. You said you’d never come back.” She said softly as she looked at the picture.

Her fingers hovered over the male’s smiling face.

“How are you?”

 

 

Lucas was panting as he leaned against the punching bag, sweat dripped down from his neck to his sweatshirt as he pulled away and started to unroll his hand wraps.

“Your butler said I’d find you here.”

He looked up, Taeyon was walking towards him, Lucas nodded.

“What brings you here, hyung? Did everything go well?” He asked him, Taeyong smiled.

“It went just as planned. Gilbae is behind all the drugs, it was something he cooked up because police have emptied his area. He claims that he had no choice but to branch out to ours.”

Lucas shook his head and tossed his wraps away, Taeyong exhaled.

“Thank you. Thank you for pulling Taeri out of there. She would never listen to me.” He stated, Lucas shrugged.

“It’s not exactly a big deal, hyung. We all don’t want her hurt.”

“She noticed the trap when none of us did.” Lucas added, Taeyong nodded back.

“She’s always been our strategist.”

Lucas paused, he looked at the older male briefly, he bit his lip before speaking.

“What happened, hyung? Why is she so angry with you?”

Taeyong started to shake his head, he looked around them before replying.

“I did it to protect her. No matter what she tells you, remember that.”

“W-What?”

“I have to go. You should rest.” Taeyong slapped his arm before walking back to the doors, Lucas’s brows rose and watched as the male left.

“Am I..starting to care too much?” He muttered to himself before walking to his room.

 

 

Taeri was standing outside the front door clad in a pink pleated skirt with a loose black shirt tucked in, on her feet were a pair of sneakers and a Dior backpack hung over one shoulder.

“I’ll get going, noona. See you at school later.” Mark said before kissing her cheek and heading towards his car.

“Lunch!” She called after him, Mark nodded before getting inside his BMW and speeding away.

Taeri puffed her cheeks as she buried her hand in her coat’s pocket, her fingers curled around the photo and she paused.

Then a blue Jaguar F-Pace rolled into the property, it pulled to a full stop in front of her.

“You never told me your dogs’ names.” Lucas stated as he slid down from the car.

“Oh, you’ve had your nap and sweets, then?“ She grinned at him, Lucas paused but he took her backpack from her.

“It was a long night, princess.” He said to her as he opened the door.

“Well, dark Lucas is someone I don’t want to hang out with.” She shrugged as her two dogs ran out from the garage, Lucas smiled before leaning down to pet them.

“Well, Pablo, Chapo, meet Lucas.” She chirped, Lucas blinked and looked up.

“Seriously? Pablo? Chapo?” He was speechless.

“Well, someone’s gotta have humor in the family.” She winked before getting in the car, Lucas shook his head before helping the dogs into the car.

Lucas got in the vehicle and started to speed away from the property, he glanced at the girl briefly. Taeri was acting a little strange, she was too chirpy.

“Spit it out.” Lucas stated as they got in the main road, Taeri glanced at him briefly.

“I know it wasn’t because of last night, so, why are you so cheerful today?” He asked with a grin, she noticed the cut on his hand, her brows rose briefly.

“Let’s stop by a pharmacy before buying dog food.” Taeri shushed him as she leaned back on her seat.

 

 

“We need to at least cover the wound, Lucas.” Taeri argued as she slid down from the car, the dogs followed them.

“It’s a small one.” He rolled his eyes at her as they walked towards the building, his two bodyguards approached them.

“We’ll take the dogs, young miss.”

Taeri frowned but she nodded at them, Lucas grew amused at her reaction and handed the leashes to the two.

“What if it gets infected?”

“Have you eaten?” He ignored her question as they walked towards the elevator.

“Yeah, I have.” She nodded, Lucas took out his wallet.

“I’m getting coffee, want anything?” He asked her, Taeri shook her head and just followed him to the vending machine. She glanced to her left and noticed the two girl queuing for fruit juice, Taeri looked at their Gucci get up. Gucci top, Gucci coat, Gucci jeans and the standard Gucci sneakers.

The Lee heiress gagged.

“Really? Him? You scored a date with Lee Taeyong?” One girl whispered loudly, Taeri blinked.

“Yeah, I’m meeting him and his parents tonight.” The girl said happily, Taeri watched as the two girl walked away while chatting excitedly.

She padded back to Lucas and tugged on his sleeve.

“What now, little one?” He murmured while choosing which iced coffee to get.

“You know, with using our mafia powers,” She started to whisper.

“What?” Lucas stared at her.

“If we use our mafia powers, can we have Gucci close down all of its boutiques in the country?” She asked him, Lucas exhaled.

“Let’s get some sugar in you.” He murmured before pressing her forehead against hers for a brief moment, he took out his wallet again.

Taeri let him be and glanced at the girls again.

 

 

Mark smiled as he stepped out of the lecture room, Taeri shook her head as she walked beside him.

“Seriously, I cannot stand long lectures. I can read properly, why do I need to listen to~”

“Noona, not everyone is like you.” Mark chuckled as his sister tossed her books to himm

“How about we eat out for lunch?” She said as they walked out of the school’s building, Taeri smiled to herself as she hooked arms with him.

“What would you like to have, noona?” He asked, Taeri saw Jungwoo and Lucas walking towards them. She started to dig for something in her bag, then Mark halted.

“What~” She followed his gaze, she groaned as she saw their father standing across the street, his tow bodyguards were behind him.

“Well, I don’t think he’s here for me.” Mark chuckled before shaking her arm away from his. She took out the white paper bag from her backpack.

“Tell Lucas to wait for me.” She said before crossing the street, her father was smiling as she reached him.

“What now, parent?” She asked dryly, the elder laughed before embracing his daughter.

“I do recall that I asked you to come with us to dinner, Taeri.” He asked he gestured for the girl to walk with him.

“I was busy, appa. I had a lot of catching up to do.”

“I know, Taeyong told me you’re getting along well with everyone. I’m glad you’re friendly with Wong’s son.”

Taeri just nodded back, she glanced over her shoulder, Lucas was grinning at her.

“Yeah, but, what brings you here?”

“I put your car on hold, sweetheart.”

“What!?” She balked at him, Mr. Lee smiled at her before taking out something from his coat pocket. It was a car key, Taeri narrowed her eyes at him.

“I’ll let you have this if,”

“I hate ifs.” Taeri mumbled and she crossed her arms.

“You’ll be at our party this Saturday.”

Taeri exhaled and closed her eyes briefly before nodding.

“I’ll be there, I’ll even coordinate outfits with Mark.” She said flatly, her father smiled and just kissed the side of her head.

“Good, your mother will be pleased to hear this.” He said as a black Rolls Royce arrived beside them, Taeri could only nod back as the guard opened the car’s door for him.

“See you this weekend then, parent.” She said, her father smiled before getting inside the vehicle.

Taeri watched as the car left, she buried her hands in her pockets, she felt the photo against her fingers. She paused and shook her head.

“I don’t have time for~”

“You’re back to school now.”

She halted and looked up, her eyes widened.

“Ch-Chan-ah,” She stuttered, the male walked towards her and smiled.

 

“It’s been a while, Lee Taeri.” He said softly, inside her pocket, Taeri’s fingers curled around the photo again.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++