011

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

 

Jaehyun smiled as the girl strolled in the living room.

Hi, princess.” Johnny greeted her with a hug, Taeri sighed.

“I’m assuming my younger brother already reported~”

“Nope, he didn’t have to, Jungwoo messaged us.” Jaehyun chuckled, Taeri shook her head and let Doyoung take her coat and backpack.

“Good, I don’t want to talk about it.” She said before Johnny could react, the older male rolled his eyes at her.

“What brings you all here? Dinner?” She asked just as Lucas walked in the room.

“Yuta decided to cook for us. So, legit Japanese food is on our way.” Johnny replied, Taeri nodded before walking to the stairs.

“Wash up, okay?” Jaehyun called after her.

“Yes, mother!” She called back mockingly, Jaehyun chuckled.

“She really is a princess.” Lucas mused as he sat down, Jungwoo nodded from the couch.

“Remember when we were still in high school?” Doyoung spoke.

“Taeyong hyung caught this one male student trying to peek into the ladies’ locker room. Particularly, Taeri’s cubicle.”

“Oh,” Lucas flinched.

“Yeah.” Johnny chuckled.

“Taeyong hyung flipped. That student had to transfer districts to switch schools.”

“It’s kind of weird not seeing them interact. They used to be so…close.” Jungwoo said softly.

“You might not believe this,” Johnny turned to Lucas.

“Taeri was actually very dependent on her Taeyong oppa, she asked for his advice in everything. And he always gladly obliged, what Taeri wanted, Taeri will always get.”

“I think that’s always been our set up with her.” Doyoung muttered to himself, Lucas laughed.

“If only that twerp didn’t come along.” Johnny shrugged.

 

 

“Do you need me to inform vice president Lee to call you, young miss?”

Taeri shook her head quickly.

“No, no, you don’t have to. It’s just eomma called me earlier and asked me to join them for dinner. And I forgot where. Did he perhaps tell you the venue?” She asked over the phone.

“Yes, I’ll text you the address, young miss.”

“Thank you, oppa. And, you don’t have to mention this to my brother. Have a good night.” She said to Taeyong’s secretary before ending the call.

She exhaled and walked out of the bathroom, she padded to her closet and picked out a pale pink mini dress and some stockings.

She quickly changed into her outfit and picked out a black long coat and stepped back to her room. She could hear the boys chatting downstairs, she put on her favorite pair of Balenciaga thigh high boots and headed down.

“Seoul Intercon.” She murmured to herself as she went down.

“Where are you going?” Jaehyun asked her as soon as she landed on the last step.

“Out.”

“Taeri, it’s dinner time. And besides, you~”

Taeri sidestepped him and walked towards the living room, Lucas and Doyoung paused when they saw her all dressed up.

“Can I borrow your car?” She asked him, Lucas blinked but he took out the key.

“Ya!” Jaehyun warned him.

“Where are you going? Food’s almost ready.” Lucas sat up.

“I want to eat. Alone.”

“Taeri.” Jaehyun sighed, Doyoung grew amused.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be the one to pick you up tomorrow. Thanks, Wong.” She said as she grabbed the key from him and rushed to the front door.

“Did we just let her leave?”

“Did we just let her walk all over us again?”

“I have a feeling that usually happens.” Lucas commented as he walked towards the windows and watched as his Jaguar SUV sped away from the property.

“She won’t start any trouble, right?” Doyoung spoke.

Lucas sat down, his thoughts went back to Taeri mentioning something about Gucci earlier, his brows rose.

“She won’t, hyung. Don’t worry.”

 

 

Taeyong took his seat across his parents, his eyes went to the girl across him. Her parents were chatting with his, his brows rose.

“Taeyong-ah, this is Minah. She’s the daughter of one of our business partners.” His mother spoke.

“I thought we were having a family dinner.” Taeyong said softly.

“Yeah, but your siblings are busy and it’s a weekday.”

Taeyong nodded, he faced the girl before him and gave her a polite smile.

“It’s nice to meet you, miss Hong.”

“Same here, oppa.” She smiled at him, Taeyong nodded back and shifted on his seat.

Soon, food was being served, the elders started to chat amongst themselves, Minah was trying to make Taeyong speak by making small talk.

Unbeknownst them, there was a well dressed young lady standing just behind their reserved hall’s doors. She was peeking through the double doors’ opening, her eyes were on her parents and her brother.

“Well, we discussed about our companies’ futures together. And we decided that, a union between two families would help secure our future.”

“Heol, daebak.” Taeri murmured to herself.

“You mean, marriage?” The girl said with wide eyes.

“How coy.” Taeri noted to herself, she didn’t miss how the girl somehow grew excited as soon as she heard what Mr. Lee said.

Taeri watched as her brother quickly recollected himself, his forehead furrowed before picking up his wine.

“Well, he’s in for it now.” She said to herself before leaving.

 

 

Taeri stepped out of the elevator, she puffed her cheeks as she headed for the valet parking counter.

“Hi there, young lady.”

She groaned and rolled her eyes.

“I’m not alone. I have someone with me. Don’t even try.” She recited, the male chuckled and just blocked her path.

“Then, why is he letting you walk around alone? A lady like you shouldn’t be left roaming around a hotel by herself.”

“Why are you assuming it’s a he? Seriously.” She muttered, the male laughed and grabbed her by the waist.

“How about we have some fun tonight?” He cooed, his face getting painfully close to her neck.

“Wow, you just really want to die.” Taeri stated, she didn’t even try to push him away.

“I like feisty girls, you are a challenge~” He gasped when he was literally peeled away from her and was pinned to the marble floor. The hotel staff did not dare to interfere once they saw what was happening and who was approaching the girl.

“Trust me, she is a challenge.” A familiar deep voice said flatly, Taeri looked up and gave his guards a small wave.

“You could have at least fake panicked.” Lucas commented as he walked towards her.

“Car has a tracker?” She replied just as his two guards pulled the man away from them.

“Yeah, the hyungs were worried that you’d encounter bad men again.”

“Hmm, was that a jab at my ex-boyfriend issue?”

“Who knows?” Lucas shrugged at her, she smiled and punched his arm.

“Thanks for that, Wong.”

“Seriously, if I didn’t arrive on time, you would fight him off, right?” He asked her as they walked across the lobby.

“I actually was about two stick this two carat diamond ring on his left eye, but I saw that fancy Bugatti pull over, so I decided to keep my ring clean.”

“Good.” Lucas chuckled, Taeri glanced at the elevators briefly, her brows knitted together.

“Is something wrong?” Lucas paused, she shook her head and just hooked her arm around his.

“No, let’s go home.” She said with a smile.

“You’re being too comfortable. Are we friends now?”

Taeri started to laugh.

“What are you here for, anyway? Just dinner?”

“Taeri-yah,”

Lucas paused, he looked at the male standing before them, he felt Taeri stiffen beside him.

“Can we talk?” He asked, Lucas looked at Taeri, her fingers curled on the material of his coat.

“I—I,”

“I’ll drive you home myself.” Chan offered her a small smile, Taeri glanced at Lucas.

“I’ll cover for you.” He said good-naturedly before removing her arm around his.

“Thanks.” Taeri blurted, he grinned at her.

“Just please text me when you get home.” Lucas said before mussing her hair, he gave the other male a quick nod before walking away from them.

Taeri let out a deep breath as she looked at Bangchan again.

“My older brother’s in this very building, Chan. You shouldn’t be here.”

“But you’re here.” He replied. Taeri paused, Bangchan smiled before stretching his hand to her.

“Come with me?” He spoke softly, Taeri smiled before placing her hand on his.

“I was expecting you’d be mad at me.” She said in a confused manner as they walked towards his waiting car.

“I could never be mad at you, Taeri.”

Taeri looked at him, her eyes wide and lined with tears.

 

“I would never trade you for anything.” He said before kissing her cheek.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++