017

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

Lucas dropped his books on the table with a loud thud, his other classmates glanced at him curiously.

He sat down and leaned back on his seat, then he saw Bangchan and his friend step into the room. His jaw tightened, Bangchan met his gaze. The male smirked at him, Lucas’s brows rose challengingly.

“Don’t get cocky with me.” He muttered to himself as Bangchan sat down, then Lucas looked up as somebody sat down beside him.

“Who are you talking about?” Taeri questioned as she arranged the books on his desk.

“This is your class, right? We have this one together.” She said to him as she took out some chips, Lucas nodded.

“Will dark Lucas be out the whole day?” She sighed, Lucas glanced at her.

“I have things I need to discuss, can’t he come out later?” She asked, Lucas couldn’t help but smile.

“Is it that serious?” He said as he mussed her hair.

“Yeah, I really wish we can close down Gucci here in the country.”

“I swear to god, I’m regretting ever being friends with you.” He muttered to himself, Taeri smiled and just offered him some food.

“It’s about her. Hong Minah.”

“What about her?”

“I don’t think she’s good news.” She said as she took out her binder, Lucas faced her, his eyes studying her side profile.

Lucas reached out to tuck a lock of her hair behind her ear, Taeri went on, unaffected.

“Most sisters would say that.” He recounted.

“No. I sense something else.”

“Are you a shaman now?” He mused, Taeri exhaled, she swatted his hand away and sat up.

“I know you didn’t eat lunch, so, I hope this bag of unhealthy will suffice for now. I’ll buy something good later.” She pushed the bag of chips towards him, Lucas grinned.

“Look at you, you have a heart after all.”

“I have another favor.” She said just as their professor walked in.

“I knew it.” He said while chewing.

“I need more information on her, can you do that?”

“Yes, yes, princess.”

“Will you go with me later?”

“Where?”

“Shopping. I need new shoes.” She said.

“Nope.” He shook his head adamantly.

“Good, you’re driving.”

 

 

“This guy, he really does get along with her.” Changbin commented, Chan followed his gaze. Taeri had taken her seat, right next to Lucas.

“Are you worried? That Wong guy might snatch her away from you.” Changbin chuckled.

“It’s Taeri. She’s hard to shake.” Chan replied, he glanced behind them again. Taeri was smiling as she took out her things for class. Chan’s fists curled on his lap.

Lucas was talking to her, she was nodding back. Then he saw Lucas reach for her hair, Bangchan exhaled.

“It wont be easy to win her back,” Changbin stated.

“He looks like a much more difficult opponent than Lee Taeyong.” He chuckled before facing the front, Bangchan shook his head.

“He probably is.” Changbin shrugged to himself.

“I will make it so he doesn’t stand a chance.”

“How?” His friend asked, Bangchan took out his textbook.

“I still have Taeri right where I want her to be. That Lucas wont be able to do anything.”

 

 

Taeyong drummed his fingers on the table, Mark scratched the back of his head.

“Noona said that?”

Taeyong nodded.

“I don’t know what’s going on in her head, but she has a point. I don’t have time to deal with this right now.”

“Hyung, tell me the truth.” Mark leaned forward, Taeyong exhaled.

“Do you really want to do it? Do you even like this girl?”

“I..I haven’t really spoken to her properly.” Taeyong hesitated, he closed his laptop, Mark exhaled.

“Why couldn’t you just say no, hyung? I’m sure eomma would have listened.”

“If I do, then the pressure would be on the both of you.” Taeyong stated, Mark closed his mouth.

“Taeri wants me to back off, you know. She’ll help me with this issue and in return~”

“You’ll leave her be. You’ll let her get back with that Bangchan again.” Mark hissed, Taeyong looked away.

“She really wants me to back off, Mark. I’m afraid if I don’t, she might leave again.” He said quietly, Mark shook his head.

“Hyung, I don’t want her to be close to that guy again.”

“I know, I want to talk her out of it, but..you know her.” Taeyong finished.

“What are you going to do?”

“I want her to stay, Mark. Taeri’s finally home.”

“Does this mean I get to take care of him if ever he does something wrong?”

“I’ll leave that to you.” Taeyong smiled and patted his shoulder.

 

 

“A deal? And you think he would agree to this?” Lucas asked from the couch, Taeri nodded.

“He eventually will. I know how to negotiate.”

“We’re talking about your brother. One of the mafia’s leaders.” He reasoned as he pulled her coat away and folded it nicely.

“I know how to deal with Lee men, Lucas.”

“Good point.” He nodded, then he looked at her again.

“That’s the eighty ninth pair.” Lucas recounted as Taeri looked at the mirror.

“You’re overreacting.” She said to him while fixing the zip of the boot.

“This…” Taeri trailed off, studying her reflection.

“You’ve been wearing skirts lately.” He observed, Taeri nodded.

“They’re easier to wear, jeans makes me feel like I’m in a tight wrapper or something. How is this?”

Lucas eyed the thigh high boots she was wearing.

“They’re like second skin. Can you still breathe, Taeri’s legs?” He asked, the sales associate smiled.

“It makes me look taller.”

“I don’t think so.” Lucas said, he was comparing their heights again. Taeri shooed him away, Lucas chuckled and picked up the four shoeboxes from the couch.

“These are on me.” He said to her.

“Lucas,”

“Consider it as a good luck gift.” He grinned at her.

“What?”

“I hope you come up with a plan, Lee Taeri.” He said to her before approaching the counter, Taeri sighed before following him.

“You keep on buying me things.” She said to him just as he handed his credit card to the lady, Taeri attempted to pluck it out from her hands, but Lucas tugged on her arm.

“Don’t stretch your arms too much. You’re wearing a skirt.” He warned her, Taeri scrunched her nose at him.

“Dinner is still on you. I want steak.” He recited just at the lady handed him back the shopping bags.

“We’ll get it, just let me change~” She gestured to her shoes.

“They’re already yours, so, let’s go.” Lucas grabbed her coat for her, Taeri blinked at him.

“You need to stop doing this, Wong Yukhei.” She sighed as they stepped out of the boutique, Lucas draped her coat around her.

“You can’t pay for everything I try on.”

“Well, technically, I can.” He nodded to himself, Taeri sighed and out of habit, she just hooked her arm with his.

“I know you can, but still,”

“If I were Bangchan, you’ll have no issues with it, right?” He asked her, Taeri closed and glared at him.

“Update me about your plan, gongzhu. I have to know just in case you murder somebody.” He smiled.

“I’ll DM you, don’t worry.” She said darkly, Lucas chuckled.

“I mean it, Taeri. If you ever decide on anything, let me in on it. Alright?” He met her gaze evenly, Taeri smiled and just squeezed his arm.

“Haven’t I made it obvious?”

“What?”

“I really do plan on telling you, Wong Yukhei. What if it backfires on me? I need someone to catch the fall for me.” She chuckled heartily.

“Taeri,” Lucas said in a serious tone.

“I know, stop worrying. You’ll be the first to know.” She said before letting go of him, Lucas watched as the girl went inside the restaurant, she spoke with the hostess before waving him over.

 

They were right, you’re more dangerous than I thought, gongzhu.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++