034

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

Taeri stepped on the brakes, her eyes went to the three-story building across the street. It was an address that just pinged on her laptop minutes before she went for a dip.

It was an office under the name of Hyungwon’s father. Her eyes narrowed on the windows, but she could see nothing.

“Ani, this is too obvious.” She muttered to herself, then she noticed two men in dark suits rush out of the doors.

“What are they~”

It was then she saw Changbin being helped out of a black van, she started to chuckle.

“He did come crawling to them.” She said to herself as she looked at her phone, Changbin’s detector was already active.

Taeri leaned against the seat, she looked at the tattoo on her middle finger.

“I can’t move alone. Not now.” She whispered before stepping on the gas and driving away from the building.

“Yukhei oppa and I got hungry.” She mocked under her breath as she reached the crossing, she exhaled and shook her head.

“No, I must keep my cool.”

 

 

Mark looked up just as Taeri joined them in the dining room.

“You’re unusually late today.” Johnny said as she sat down.

“Oh, I got really hungry last night and I overate.” She chuckled heartily, Lucas paused, his brows went up. Taeyong and Mark paused and focused their eyes on her.

The dragon was up today.

“Oh, you too, unnie? We should have invited you to join us.”

“I love their seasoned chicken.” Taeri nodded along before picking up her knife, then she halted.

“Who made~”

“Right,” Taeyong picked up her plate and replaced it with a stack of blueberry pancakes.

“Aigoo, how cute.” Johnny commented.

“Why are you still here? Don’t you have your own house?” Taeri shot him a look, the latter laughed.

“And, oppa, I have a favor to ask.”

“Again?” Johnny groaned.

“I need to trace an account. I’ll send you the details later.” She stated, Lucas was studying the expression on her face.

“You’re going to school today, right? Why don’t you ride with Lucas?” Taeyong spoke up.

“But I can drive.”

“We know that, but it’s safer if you’re in one vehicle~”

“I don’t want to.” Taeri said simply before eating, Lucas puffed his cheeks and his lips.

Mark grew confused.

“Noona, what~”

“I have other things to do today and besides, everyone’s busy over our new guest, right?” She smiled at Ahyoung.

“Well, I was planning to tour Ahyoung around this morning.” Taeyong intervened, Johnny winced.

He was starting to understand what was going on.

“Ah, a tour? With your injury still healing? Very nice, brother. Do you intend that I take over forever for you?”

Taeyong blinked, and shut his mouth.

“W—Well, it’s not an intense..tour, we’re just~”

“Whatever, I’m heading out now, thanks for the pancakes.” She said as she stood up, Lucas followed her move.

Taeri paused and looked at him.

“Taeri, let’s talk.” He said, but Taeri started to grin.

“Oh right, you have to deal with Minah today, she’s coming over.”

The table grew quiet.

“Let’s show her our cards, oppas. I’m sure you can handle another annoying lady.” She winked before leaving the room.

Mark blinked to himself, did his sister just ignore Lucas?

 

 

Jungwoo faced the girl beside him as class started, Taeri was leaning back on her seat, her focus on their professor.

“You seem..calm today. Should I be worried?”

“No, I just want to pass this class.”

“Taeri, we both know you don’t even need to study to pass this class.”

She grinned and faced him.

“What is it?”

“I heard you went out early this morning, where did you go?”

Taeri’s forehead creased, she set her pen down and bit her lip.

“I was looking for Chan.”

Jungwoo halted, his brows went up.

“Why would you go alone, you idiot?”

“We have to find him.”

Jungwoo bit his lip, Taeri started to shake her head.

“I don’t like this, nothing’s happening. Changbin already crawled back under Shownu’s care and he’s not moving. How are we going to track them that way?”

“You know we can’t attack them at their turf, Tee.”

“Which is exactly why we have to lure them out.” She stated, then they saw Lucas step in the classroom.

Jungwoo sighed, Lucas sat beside him and silently took out his laptop. Taeri leaned back on her seat and crossed her arms.

Jungwoo was about to talk when he felt it, something was wrong. He glanced at the two beside him, they weren’t talking like how they used to.

“Ya, is everything alright?” He asked Lucas, the latter just shrugged.

Jungwoo sighed inwardly.

“This tension is probably going to kill me first.” He mumbled to himself before leaning on the desk.

 

 

Yuta looked up as he heard the doors slide open, Taeri grinned at him.

“Whoa, I was actually hoping you’d drop by. Your brother here wont even let me stand.”

She paused, Taeyong was sitting on the couch, watching TV.

“When did you get here, oppa?”

“About an hour ago, classes are done?”

“Yeah.” She nodded, Yuta smiled as she walked towards him.

“I’m glad to see your finally feeling better, oppa. How are you?” She asked as she sat down beside him, Yuta chuckled and hugged her briefly.

“How are things? I heard they left you in charge.”

“A total headache, oppa. I don’t even want to talk about it.”

Taeyong chuckled from the couch, Taeri shook her head.

“I heard Ahyoung’s back, is she staying with you guys?” Yuta asked as he picked up an apple.

“What, she can’t drive on her own, now she doesn’t have her own place?”

Taeyong winced and he stood up, Yuta chuckled.

“Tee, I know you’re not exactly into her, but she’s~”

“She’s into you, though. Unnie told me.”

“Huh?” Taeyong blinked, Taeri shrugged and just crossed her legs.

“What do you want me to do, princess?” Taeyong sighed, giving up, arguing or reasoning with Taeri was pointless.

“I didn’t say anything, did I?”

Yuta shook his head and gave Taeyong a shrug.

“She’s all over the place, oppa. I don’t like it. Fix it.” She said as she stood up and walked to the windows, she paused when she noticed three guards rushing to the front door.

“I will, do you want to eat out for dinner? I’ll call Mark.” Taeyong offered, Taeri faced him just as the doors opened.

“What’s wrong?” Yuta noticed the distressed looks on their faces.

“There’s been an accident, sir.”

Taeyong turned to them.

“What are you saying?”

“Mark and Lucas were both rushed to the hospital just minutes ago.”

“What?” Taeri halted.

“They were on their way to lunch just outside campus, and a group of masked men started to~”

Taeri started to run out of the room.

“How bad was it?” Taeyong asked as he picked up his coat, Yuta was already on his phone.

“We don’t know yet, sir.”

Taeyong exhaled, he glanced at the windows again, he saw Taeri’s car speeding out of the property.

“Do we know who did it?” Yuta spoke as he set his phone down.

 

“Some of our men saw Bangchan fleeing away from the scene.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I double updated today :>