045

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

 

Lucas slammed his palm against the table, Mark looked away. They were gathered at the Wongs’ home in downtown Seoul.

“Look, now we know where to look. He never left the country. He’s still here.” Johnny said calmly.

Taeyong crossed his arms, his forehead creased.

“It’s been two days, how is it that we still have nothing?” Lucas spoke in an eerily calm voice that made their guards fidget.

“We checked his account, he’s withdrawn a huge amount of cash, so no credit card movement.” Johnny continued.

“How about witnesses? Did no one see that van that night?” Taeyong looked up, one of the males spoke.

“No, well some pointed out that it did drive up to the main highway, but from there…we’re still lost from there.”

Taeyong exhaled and shook his head, Mark stood up from his seat and he paused when he noticed the box on the table.

“W—Where did you get this?” Mark asked quickly as he approached the familiar looking box.

“My car. Taeri changed shoes before we arrived at the party and~”

“So, she’s wearing them? The shoes inside this box?” Mark questioned, Taeyong and Johnny grew confused.

“Yes, she was.” Lucas looked at him questioningly. Mark rushed back to the table and grabbed his older brother’s laptop.

“Minhyung-ah, what’s going on?” Taeyong spoke to him.

“I gave her those shoes, hyung. I told her that it had a locationing chip on the heel, for safety precaution.”

“What?”

“We can track her if she remembers what I told her.”

 

 

Taeri winced as she tried to sit up, they had untied her wrists, but her ankles were still bound together.

Her eyes adjusted in the darkness and she grew confused, she wasn’t in an abandoned warehouse, the shape of the room looked different. She crawled towards the wall and leaned against it, the rough surface dug on her bare skin.

Her eyes examined her dress, it had ripped on a lot of parts and expose her knees, and she was freezing.

“You’re awake.”

She looked up, Jo Jinhyuk was sitting down across the room with a lit cigar on his lips.

“It’s taking too long for your brothers to find you. Did they give up on you?” He cackled, Taeri noticed the other goons in the room, there four of them and there was probably more of them outside.

“You should be the one giving up now.” Taeri replied, the male snorted at her and stood up.

“Let’s see, I still haven’t decided how to kill you yet. You shold relax for a bit.” He winked before leaving the room, Taeri watched as the men left room, she sighed and leaned back on the wall again.

She flinched as she felt the strap of her heels dig into her left ankle, she was about to reach for it when something made her stop.

“Mark.” She blurted as she started to take off her heels, she began to bang the heeled part against the wall with force.

 

 

Lucas stared at the computer screen again, he knew he had to finish his report for class, but his mind couldn’t focus on it.

It was all too frustrating. They knew that Jo Jinhyuk never left the country, but they couldn’t pinpoint his exact location.

He sighed and pushed the keyboard away from him and leaned his head on the desk. He sat up and looked at his phone again.

Surely there was away to locate Taeri, if only she would remember about the shoes Mark gave her.

He chewed on the insides of his cheek, then he stood up and left the room. He made his way to the study where Mark and the others were.

“I have an idea.” He spoke as he joined his friends.

“What?” Johnny looked up from his phone.

“Think about it, if you were Jo Jinhyuk and you wanted to bolt out of the country, where would you hide?”

“Lucas, what are you saying?” Kun stood up.

“He can’t be at the airport, he knows we’ll find out once he steps in there, but,” He paused, his forehead creasing.

“But, we cannot really watch every port in the country. And that’s the easiest way to smuggle yourself out. He must be taking a boat out of South Korea.” Lucas stated, the other males paused and looked at him.

“Call the others.”

 

 

Taeri wrapped her arms around herself as she looked at the damaged heels before her, she had no idea whether she activated the tracker and she had a feeling she might die because of the cold soon.

She looked at her tattoed finger again. Her ankles were starting to feel sore from being bound together and her back was killing her.

She looked around and then it hit her, she was inside a garage. There were toolboxes strewn around, tires and a broken steering wheel hung by the door.

“I can hear..water.” She murmured to herself as she pulled herself up and hopped towards the wall, she stood on her toes just to reach the windows and she peeked.

It looked like the sun was setting outside, her eyes went to the ocean before her.

“Why here? Why the ocean?” She murmured to herself, Taeri was about to go back to her seat when she heard the doors behind her open.

“You!” Jo Jinhyuk came storming into the room, Taeri yelped as he grabbed her by the hair and hauled her to a chair.

“What are you~”

Taeri yelped when the male struck her across the cheek.

“Do you think you’re so smart? You think you’re so protected by those spoiled brats that we wont be able to kill you?” He started to laugh as his fingers curled aroud her neck.

“Sir!” One of his goons started to urge him, Taeri’s eyes went to his men, they were almost twenty of them in the room, all looked tensed and worried.

“If I go down, you come with me.” He chuckled as he yanked her up, Taeri winced, she could already feel blood oozing out from the cuts on her legs.

“What are you~”

“You think you can outsmart me, little girl?” He cackled as his grip on her neck tightened, Taeri started to flail her arms. And then she heard it.

There were loud rumblings coming from the outside, helicopters. She could also hear men yelling and tires screeching.

“This is perfect, killing someone of the Wongs’ while~”

 

 

“How about we kill you first? Wouldn’t that be a lot of fun?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++