026

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

“You let her leave alone?” Mark balked, Lucas exhaled and faced the males.

“What did you find?” Taeyong spoke, the male handed him a couple of crumpled sheets.

“It’s the driver of the truck, we managed to~”

“Did you give Taeri an address?” Lucas interrupted.

“No, but she knows who the guy works for, sir.”

“Is it someone we know?” Taeyong stood up from his seat, he grabbed his coat.

“Yoo Kihyun, sir.”

Mark stilled, Lucas stood up.

“One of Shownu’s friends.”

“She’s headed South. Outside of Seoul. Come on.” Lucas said as he bounded out of the study, Mark looked at his brother.

“What do you think noona’s doing?” He asked as they walked to the garage.

“She’s probably taking care of the driver now.” Taeyong said as they reached his car, he looked up just as Lucas’s Bugatti sped out of the gates.

“Well, if he isn’t dead yet.”

 

 

Taeri stepped on the brakes roughly and slid down from the, her eyes went to the building across the street and her lips quirked up.

She pulled down her hood as she got into the establishment, she ignored the security guard as she got inside.

Taeri arrived at the floor and checked the numbers on each apartment unit door, she smiled as she reached number fifty-three.

She kicked the door down and strolled in with a small smile, she got inside the kitchen and found a lone male staring at her with a knife in hand.

“Here we go again, a knife.” She chuckled as she faced him.

“W—Who are you? What do you want?” He demanded, Taeri’s eyes went to the table, she saw different photos of Yuta getting in and out of his vehicle.

“You sure you weren’t stalking me also? Do I not look familiar?” She chuckled before raising her middle finger at him, his eyes zeroed on her tattoo.

“Y—You, how dare you attack outside~”

Taeri yanked the pistol from the waistband of her jeans and shot the window behind him twice, the male panicked.

“So, wanna get in my car so we can talk privately?” She offered with a sweet smile.

“Or, we can do this the other way.” She pointed the gun at his crotch.

 

 

“Taeri did what?” Minho slammed his palms on the table, Shownu exhaled in annoyance.

Chan shifted in his seat uncomfortably.

“She managed to trace our guy, when we got there, his apartment was a mess. There were two bullet holes on a window.” Jooheon informed, Jisung shook his head.

“How did she do that? I thought she didn’t meddle with the mafia anymore?” Kihyun looked at Chan.

“We..She never mentioned it. I just assumed since she’s not in good terms with her brother, that she might not be interested with their movements anymore.” Chan stated.

“You shouldn’t trust her too much, Chan. You know who she is and where she came from.” Shownu sighed.

“Look, all you asked me to do was to trick her into believing me, so that this would distract Taeyong. That was our deal.” Chan looked at the older male, Kihyun’s brows furrowed.

“You never told me about this. You never mentioned that you wanted to kill them.”

“Do we have to state the obvious?” Minho stated, Chan stood up.

“She has to go too, that girlfriend of yours.” Shownu spoke, Chan faced him.

“Remember what they did to you and to us, cousin. Don’t get too attached to that pretty face. I can always get a girl for you.”

 

 

“Lucas,” The eldest Lee was confused as the Veyron pulled to a full stop in front of a familiar warehouse, Lucas had called him while they were driving and asked Taeyong to follow him.

“I managed to contact her, she’s here.” Lucas said as he approached the metal doors, Mark sighed and followed him.

“Oh, you guys are here.” Taeri chirped happily, Lucas’s eyes went to the male obediently sitting on the floor.

“Taeri,” Taeyong blurted when he saw the man, his eyes didn’t miss how his ankles were bound together.

But he wasn’t hurt, or it didn’t show yet.

“So, this is the guy who hit Yuta oppa with a truck. I kept on asking questions, but all I got from him is a couple of insults saying that he would never bow down to a woman like me. Because, I’m a woman.” She chuckled, Mark bit his lip in worry, he could sense it. His sister was livid.

“And then I realized, I don’t have time for this, so you see,” She said as the doors opened behind her, a familiar looking truck started to drive in slowly. Lucas was grew amused as he realized it was the truck that had collided with Yuta’s vehicle.

“Taeri,” Taeyong grew slightly concerned, the man started to scream.

“Ahjussi, we know you’re working for Kihyun, we just want to know what they want. Why did they ask you to do that?”

“Just shoot me instead, brat!” He hissed at her, Lucas glanced at her.

“Fine, but oh no, I wont shoot you.” She took out her pistol and set it down on the table, she faced the truck and gave it a small wave.

“I’m going to hit you with that truck, you know, to return the favor.” She winked just as the truck started to move towards his direction.

The man, in panic, struggled to get up on his feet, Taeri laughed.

The truck started to close in on him, crushing a couple of wooden benches in its way as it moved.

“Kihyun! It was young master Shownu who started it!” He yelled over the loud humming, the truck didn’t stop moving.

“Noona,” Mark nudged her, she just stared at the male with a smirk.

“He…They want to take full control. He thinks..they need to injure your group in order to~” He started screaming as the truck came close to him, his feet were just a few inches away from the front wheel.

And then the engine started to rev again.

“Fine! Fine! I’ll tell you everything!” He cried, Taeri smiled leaned down to meet his gaze.

“Please, just don’t kill me.” The man begged.

“Very well then,”

Taeri raised her palm and the truck pulled to a halt, she glanced at her brothers.

 

“Your turn.” She said with a smile before leaving the warehouse.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++