007

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

Taeyong exhaled and put the invitation down, he faced his secretary.

“Will you send some dresses at home?”

“For the young miss, sir?”

“You know her size, right? She tends to lean towards rich or dark colors.” Taeyong said before opening his laptop, the male bowed politely before leaving the room.

Taeyong’s fists curled as he looked at the screen. Somebody wanted Taeri, they even put a price on her head. And that infuriated the young mafia boss.

He opened his emails and paused when he saw Jaehyun’s email, he quickly opened it. He plucked out his phone from his coat pocket.

“It’s them, hyung.” Jaehyun said as he picked up.

“Do we know where they usually hang out?”

“Yes, Doyoung hyung is assigned to that area. Are we going to pay a visit soon?”

Taeyong leaned back on his chair, his jaw clenched briefly.

“I heard about it, the drug dealing got so bad, the police had to get involved. It might affect our operations.” Jaehyun said quietly.

The mafia had many other business asides from cleaning up after the government messes, they had a large hold on the black market, from rare art pieces, jewelry even organs. But Taeyong was always so keen about keeping the peace and order in their territory.

“What will we do with Taeri? We don’t know who’s after her.”

“Let’s have Taeri join us.”

“What?” Jaehyun was surpised.

“Since people already know she’s back, let’s make her visible. At least they know who they’re dealing with.”

“Hyung~”

“Whoever wants her dead, I will kill them first.”

 

 

Lucas was leaning against his car, waiting for Taeri and her kids to step out. His phone pinged and he paused, his brows went up.

“Bring Taeri? That’s a hazard.” He murmured, then the sliding doors opened, his eyes went to the two German Shepherds that tailed Taeri on both sides.

“I thought you’d be a cliché, you know. A poodle or a Pomeranian pup.” He said with a grin at her, the two dogs growled softly, Lucas paused.

Taeri smiled before clearing , the dogs sat down in unison.

“They’re trained attack dogs; Mark gave them to me two years ago.” She said cheerfully, Lucas chuckled before kneeling down to pat one of the dogs.

“Both boys?” He looked up, Taeri nodded at him.

“I guess they’ll help lessen the chance of people attacking you now.” He said before helping her with the leashes.

“I got a call from Doyoung oppa. Why am I being dragged to this now?” She asked as they approached his Veyron, Lucas opened the back door and the dogs climbed in.

“It’s for your safety, I guess.”

“Who do you think’s behind all the drugs?” She asked before sliding in the car, Lucas walked around the vehicle.

“Probably someone who wants trouble, they want the police to have their eyes on us.”

“But don’t we have them on payroll? And, the police need our help.” She pointed out, Lucas started the car.

“Well, not all. Some actually want to catch the mafia. And put them behind bars.” Lucas stated before stepping on the gas.

“Can we ditch class instead?” She asked him.

“You’re getting too comfortable; does that mean we’re friends?” Lucas grinned at her, Taeri rolled her eyes at him.

“I mean it, it’s still the first week. We can still ditch.” She said while punching his arm, Lucas cackled.

“Where do you want to go, princess?”

“The dog park.”

“Nope.”

“Lucas!” Taeri was actually whining, Lucas was surprised but he laughed.

“How about we eat first, then dog park?” He suggested.

“But I’m not hungry, neither are the dogs.” Taeri reasoned.

“I’m hungry.”

“Well, that’s your problem.” She snorted at him, Lucas shook his head and leaned back on his seat. Taeri was silent for a few seconds, then she spoke.

“It’s on me then, since you helped me at the airport today.”

“That’s very kind of you, Cruella.”

“Ya!”

 

 

“This doesn’t look like a dog park.”

“Shut up, you already ate.” Taeri said as she checked her reflection again, they were inside a makeup shop, and it drove Lucas a little crazy because of all the pink that was surrounding him.

“I like this shade better.” She murmured as she looked at her lips again, Taeri was trying on lip tints.

“I like the apricot one better.” Lucas commented as he shared the mirror with her, she pushed him away.

“Red is too much.” She muttered to herself.

“No, red looks good on you.” Lucas said while picking up a compact powder, Taeri scratched the back of her head and let him be.

“So, they want me to tag along now? Like, is this going to be a regular thing? Because I do like my sleep.” She asked, Lucas paused.

“Johnny oppa texted me earlier, he asked me to dress warmly.” She added while checking her lips again, Lucas looked at her reflection.

“You can always say no if you don’t want to, I don’t think they’re forcing you to go.”

“I’m kinda curious how you do things now. Do I get to hold a bat too?” She chortled, Lucas sent her a dry look before brushing her hair away from her face.

“What now?” She sighed at him, he was studying her face

“You should get this, red looks good on you.” Lucas stated before moving away from her, he picked out a lipstick in the same shade.

“I’ll get you this one. A welcome gift.” Lucas winked at her before walking to the counter, Taeri grinned at him, then she paused.

She looked to her left, her eyes scanning the glass doors. Her brows furrowed, she had the strange feeling that someone was looking at her.

“Is something wrong?” Lucas reached her, his eyes immediately roamed around the store, he shifted his body so that her face would be covered from the entrance doors.

“Nothing. Let me just pay for this one.” She looked up to meet his gaze, Lucas’s brows rose.

“No need to hover now, Wong Yukhei. No one would dare cut my head off in a Nature Republic shop.” She mused at him before walking away, Lucas gave her a small smile then gestured for her to go. He watched as the girl walked to the counter before stepping out of the shop.

 

 

Lucas went down the steps quickly, his eyes were focused on a hooded figure that was rushing away from the crowded street. His lips quirked up as he caught up behind the male and yanked his hood down, causing for him to topple backwards.

The male’s eyes were wide as Lucas dragged him behind the store and pushed him against the wall roughly.

“What the do you want?!” The male snapped at him, Lucas flexed his neck and smirked at him.

“You’ve been following us.”

“Wh—What are~”

Lucas stepped forward, getting in the man’s face, his eyes were cold and empty as he spoke.

“I’m giving you two seconds to tell me who you are and what you want from Taeri.”

“I wasn’t~”

Lucas yanked the male’s sleeve upward and revealed the tattoo on his forearm, the male froze as he pulled the camera strap from his coat pocket. The camera fell on the pavement with a loud thud, its screen was turn upwards. 

Lucas saw a photo of Taeri checking out a bottle of perfume, he shook his head.

“You were even taking photos of her.” Lucas chuckled before twisting his wrist, the male started to scream in pain.

“Who sent you?” He snapped, the male was still shaking his head.

“Fine. You don’t have to tell me.” He said as he pulled away from him, the man dropped to the ground while writhing in pain. His own pocket knife was stuck on his thigh, Lucas smiled before pulling away.

“You might want to warn your friends to stop lurking around her.”

Two men in dark suits stepped out from behind the alley, Lucas gave them a small nod before turning his back away from them.

 

 

“Because we never run out of knives.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++