021

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

Go Changhun jumped when the sack was taken off his head, his eyes adjusted in the darkness and he faced the male standing before him.

“Listen, buddy.” Lucas said as he looked down on the male, Go Changhun squinted as the lights were switched on. He realized he was in an empty warehouse, there were also three men standing a few meters away from them.

“You are going to answer all my questions, and don’t you even dare skip anything.” He said harshly.

“I thought my questioning was done.” Changhun spat on the ground, the tall male before him chuckled.

“Who wants Taeri?”

“Everyone wants her. Dead, of course.” He cackled, Lucas laughed along with them then Changhun started to cough as a fist connected with his gut. He coughed out blood.

“Try again.” Lucas stated flatly.

“Every gang in the country wants to take you down because you’ve been controlling everything.” Changhun hissed, Lucas just stared at him.

“That doesn’t really answer my question, should we try another method?” Lucas took out a pocket knife from his jean pocket, Changhun’s eyes widened.

“Now, tell me. Who paid you to trick us into that apartment?” Lucas leaned down.

“You don’t scare me, brat.” Changhun spat, Lucas smiled he stretched his hand and pushed him down. The man grunted his chair toppled over.

“Do you want to have your tattoo carved out? It’s probably cheaper than having it lasered.” Lucas hovered over him, then he knelt down and pressed the blade on Changhun’s thigh. He started to scream like hell.

“You can start answering me now.” Lucas said coolly as he pulled the knife out, the male started to scream again.

“Would you like to go for the next round? Your other thigh?” Lucas offered, Changhun gritted his teeth.

“Who wants Taeri? And who paid you to trick us?”

“District 9…their…leader paid me to trick you into that drug den…About Taeri..I just heard that…someone powerful wants her dead so they can take you down.”

“Jo Jinhyuk?” Lucas said.

“That’s just an alias, nobody..really knows his name.” He coughed, Lucas stood up and faced his men.

“Clean up.” He stated before walking towards his car, he tossed the knife away before driving off.

 

 

Taeri stepped out of the washroom and was surprised to find Minah waiting for her outside.

“I’ve been wanting to talk to you, Taeri.” She said as she approached the younger girl.

“I’ve been busy. Do you need anything?”

“I heard about your request to your father,” Minah said as they walked together, Taeri rolled her eyes.

“You did?”

“I just want to know why. Is it because we haven’t hung out much?”

Taeri glanced at her briefly, Minah bit her lip.

“How about we go out this weekend? I already told Taeyong oppa that I was planning to invite you out.” Minah looped her arm around the girl’s. Taeri stopped walking, Minah halted.

“Oppa?” She repeated mockingly, Minah looked at her, confused.

“Look, Taeri, I know this must have been shocking for you, but this is business and you cannot delay it for long. I will marry your brother.” Minah grew annoyed with her, Taeri took her arm away from her.

“It’s fine, you can show your true colors with me. No need to play nice.” Taeri spoke, Minah stilled.

“Taeri, I wasn’t~”

“I don’t care. You will never get to marry my brother.” She pointed out before turning away from the girl, Minah exhaled and cursed under her breath before heading to class.

“But you can Shownu all you want.” Taeri hummed to herself.

 

 

“Where were you?” Jungwoo asked as Lucas walked in the living room, he was clutching to his shoulder as he approached the table.

“Out.” He replied before taking a few painkillers and swallowing them.

“You’re not suppose to be~”

“She has to know.” Lucas spoke, Jungwoo halted.

“Lucas,”

“With that deal she made with Taeyong hyung, we can’t do anything.” He argued, Jungwoo took note of the dried blood on his sneakers.

“Did you visit Go Changhun?”

“Jaehyun hyung wasn’t asking the right questions.” He spat before turning away from from him, Jungwoo saw him grab his car keys again, he stood up.

“Where are you going?” He grabbed his arm.

“I have to check on Taeri because it seems that we’re now okay with just letting her hang out with that ert.”

“Lucas, you can’t tell her. We’re not supposed to be interfere with family.”

Lucas’s jaw twitched, he exhaled before shaking him off.

“I have to see her.”

 

 

“Classes are over, noona?” Mark asked as he approached his sister.

“Yeah, you? Don’t you have~”

“Yeah, just one last class.” Mark groaned, Taeri chuckled and playfully mussed his hair.

“Do you want me to wait for you? We can have dinner out.” She said just as Bangchan arrived by the hall.

Mark’s eyes went to him briefly, Taeri bit her lip. He shook his head and squeezed her hand instead.

“No, I’ll just see you at home. I have to speak to our professor regarding Lucas’s absence.”

“Okay, see you.” Taeri said before walking towards Chan.

“Should we have dinner out?” Chan asked as they stepped out of the building. Taeri smiled and nodded.

“I feel like having Chinese food.” She claimed as they went down the steps.

“I know a place,” Chan replied as he took her hand, Taeri pulled the strap of her bag closer to her.

“So, Mark still isn’t cool about us?” Chan asked as they reached the parking lot.

“Well, I haven’t~” Taeri paused, she noticed a familiar Bugatti careening across the street, her brows rose up.

“He shouldn’t be out here.” She murmured, Chan paused and looked at her.

“You were saying?” He asked her, then the Veyron came to a full stop in front of them.

“Lucas.” Taeri blurted as the driver went down, Bangchan tensed as the male walked to them.

“We need to talk.” Lucas said in a serious tone that alarmed her, he took her wrist.

“We already have plans, I’m sure that can wait.” Chan replied as he blocked him, Taeri paused.

“Do you want a round two of what Taeyong hyung did to you?” Lucas replied harshly, Taeri exhaled and gently shook his hand off hers.

“Lucas, I’ll see you at home. We’re just grabbing dinner.” She reasoned as she stood between the two, she gently pushed Lucas back.

Lucas’s eyes were cold as he met her gaze.

“Eight p.m.” He stated before going back to his car, Taeri puffed her cheeks and turned to Bangchan.

“Are you sure you’re just a friend to him? He even gave you a curfew.” Bangchan asked her.

“Please don’t, he got hurt instead of me.” Taeri said softly as she watched the car leave, Bangchan followed her gaze and his forehead creased.

 

I don’t think you’re just a friend to him.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++