027

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

Taeri leaned against her car as she waited outside the warehouse, she exhaled and wrapped her arms around herself.

“What was that?”

She glanced behind her, Lucas was making his way towards her.

“I want breakfast.” She stated, he paused and sent her a look.

“I couldn’t sleep well last night, and I just needed to~”

“Go out alone and attack an adult male?”

“I had a gun and the element of surprise on my side.” She said to him.

“What if he had a gun too?” He stated as he stood beside her, Taeri bit her lip and leaned her head against his shoulder.

“I’m confused, why are they involved too? Are they working together? What would~” Taeri paused as something in her pocket pinged.

“Why would Bangchan mention Sinchon exit? What does Shownu want?” She muttered.

“What’s that?” Lucas peeked over shoulder, emails started to appear on the phone’s screen, along with messages and call records.

“I stuck a siphoning device on Chan’s laptop. He’s on the move again.” She shrugged as she put the device away.

“What if he’s working with Shownu? Must be why they managed to pull off that drug thing. But it’s impossible, I don’t think they know each other.” Taeri started to mumble.

“I believe we made a deal, gongzhu.” Lucas started, she sighed.

“But it was safe, Lucas. I know how to fight, and I even called you!” She argued.

“No, I was the one who called you, all you did was answer it.”

Taeri exhaled, her forehead furrowed deeply.

“I know what you’re thinking, but it’s not your fault. No one would~”

“I should have at least called you to alarm the others, but I didn’t. I got distracted, I got..” She trailed off, Lucas sighed and made the girl face him.

“Tee, listen.” He said as he cupped her cheeks.

“It’s not your fault. No one saw it coming. So, stop blaming yourself.” He said softly, Taeri bit her lip.

“You did well, Tee. You always have.” He said softly before pulling her to his chest.

 

 

“What do we have?” Jaehyun spoke, the friends had gathered at one of hotels owned by the Lees, they were inside a private hall.

“I still have nothing on Jo Jinhyuk, except for the fact that he’s probably really loaded.” Jungwoo stated.

“The guy Taeri…took care off earlier, we sent him to the police.” Taeyong spoke, Doyoung nodded.

“Why couldn’t we just let the truck finish that job?” Taeri muttered to herself, Mark couldn’t help but grin.

“But, I understand that we’re not in good terms with Shownu, Kihyun and his gang, but why are they attacking now?” Doyoung asked.

“And, why attack this way? They usually would go up to our faces.”

Taeri remained quiet, she was looking at her dirty nailbeds, her thoughts elsewhere.

Shownu. Kihyun.

District 9 tricking them into a trap.

Hong Gilbae, his right hand man Go Changhun.

“They can’t afford all that, having to import drugs to..Chan and his friends cant possibly have all that money.” She whispered to herself, Lucas glanced at her.

“Taeri,”

She looked up, they were missing one person.

“Johnny oppa?” She spoke.

“He’s already on his way, Tee. Do you want anything to eat?” Jaehyun asked, she shook her head.

Then Taeri stilled, her forehead creased before running out of the room.

 

 

“I don’t see Taeri.” Jisung spoke as he joined Chan in the office.

“She said she needed to meet up with her friends.” Chan exhaled, he bit his lip and leaned back on his seat.

“At Seoul Intercon, right?” The younger male chuckled before opening a can of cola.

“How do you know that?”

Jisung shrugged and took a long sip of his drink, he picked up the remote control and started to browse through the channels.

“Ya, Han Jisung!” Chan snapped at him, the younger male looked up and bit his lip.

“Changbin hyung heard you talking on the phone.”

“What do you mean?” Chan was confused.

Jisung set his drink down, he turned away from the TV screen and looked at their eldest.

“He’s been wiretapping your calls, hyung.”

 

 

Taeyong ran after his sister, he saw Taeri pushed past the exit doors.

“Taeri!” He yelled as he reached the doors, then he saw Johnny smiling at her as he approached the building.

“Oppa, why are you so~” Taeri stilled, his eyes were elsewhere. Taeyong followed her gaze and his eyes widened in realization. There was a motorist, wearing a heavily tinted helmet speeding at the sidewalk.

“Oppa!” Taeri started to ran towards the Seo heir, then it happened so fast. Two loud gunshots were heard, the people at the hotel lobby screamed.

Taeri saw Johnny collapse to the ground, she saw blood dripping from his arm. Her eyes went to the motorist and she started to move forward, ignoring the guards who were trying to pull her back.

Taeyong grabbed one of the guards’ handguns and chased his sister, he panicked when he saw the motorist take out his pistol again and aimed it at Taeri.

“You son of a !” Taeri called out just as he pulled the trigger, she felt someone twist her around, she flinched as a heavy weight started to press on her.

Two gunshots were heard again and the screaming from the hotel lobby got louder.

“Pull back.” A familiar voice grunted, Taeri opened her eyes. Her brother had his arms around her, it was then she realized that the bullet didn’t hit her.

“Ya, Lee Taeyong!” She blurted as she tried to support his weight, he had gone pale.

“Go..Go back inside.” He coughed, Taeri started to panic when she saw the blood dripping from his back to the floor.

“Call an ambulance!” She yelled at their guards, they were starting to help Johnny.

“He’s been shot too!”

Two guards started to approach her, but Taeri could no longer hold on to Taeyong.

“G—Go back inside, Taeri.” Taeyong said before closing his eyes and dropping to the floor.

Taeri couldn’t move, her eyes were on the street across her, the motorist was long gone.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++