013

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

Taeyong had just finished a meeting, he made his way to his office and loosened his tie as he got inside.

“Sir,”

He turned just as his secretary walked in the room.

“What is it?”

The male bit his lip before setting a bunch of photos on his desk, Taeyong walked to them and he halted.

“This was just today, sir.”

Taeyong let out a breath, he picked up one of the photos.

“Bangchan.” He spat, one photo had captured Lucas in the frame. Taeyong shook his head.

“Don’t worry, agasshi didn’t go with him. She’s out for lunch with the other young masters. Young master Wong is driving her.”

Taeyong sat down and leaned back on his seat.

“Check on Bangchan’s movements. I want to know why he’s hanging around her again.”

"Yes, sir. But, what about that thing with the Hongs?"

Taeyong bit his lip, he shook his head.

"Do you want me to inform young master Mark and young miss Taeri in advance?"

"No, no. I'd like them to hear it from me first."

“Yes, sir.” The male walked out of the room, Taeyong exhaled and spun his chair away from his desk.

“What is he planning?”

 

 

Taeri’s hand hovered over her necklace as she walked in the hotel lobby, she was dressed in a blood red gown that showed her shoulders and the high slit made her legs look longer. Heads turned as soon as she walked by, she had three males followed behind her closely, the tattoos on their necks and hands all screamed one thing.

Mafia.

And that was enough to stop males from making moves on her.

“Do I really have to do this?” She asked as they got in the elevator.

“It’s just a party, agasshi.” One of the goons grinned at her, she exhaled.

“Can’t we just go~”

“Agasshi,” He threw her a stern look, Taeri crossed her arms and gave her up, her phone pinged and she took it out.

This is what you were asking for. –Lucas

Lucas had attached a file to his message and she opened it, Hong Minah’s face appeared on the scream. She heard the doors open and she stepped out.

“She’s two years older than me.” She murmured just as she reached the doors, she glared at her guards and they grinned back as they opened the doors for her.

 

 

Jisung looked at his friend, Hyunjin fidgeted on his seat.

“You met up with her today?” Felix spoke, Changbin was fiddling with a pocket knife.

“I managed to catch her at school, but,” Chan pointed at the photos on the table.

“He’s with her again?” Minho grinned as he picked up on one of the photos, it was a photo of Taeri smiling while walking beside a tall male.

“Wong Yukhei. Lucas.” Felix stated, Chan’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

“This is new, Taeri noona doesn’t really…make friends.” Jisung pointed out, Jeongin bit his lip.

“Are you going to do this, hyung?” The youngest asked, Woojin and Seungmin glanced at Bangchan.

“It has to be done.” He stated as he took the pocket knife from Changbin and stabbed it on Lucas’s face.

“Still, hyung, noona is~”

“Like I said, I wont be sidetracked again. I know which strings to pull when it comes to her.”

“We can all see how much you love her still.” Changbin commented.

“That doesn’t matter now. She’s no one to me.”

 

 

Yuta looked up just as the girl walked in the room.

“Our princess is here.” Yuta spoke.

“She will ask questions.” Johnny stated, Jaehyun glanced at the other table again, earlier, Taeyong had arrived with a girl on his arm.

And nobody knew who she was and his friends were confused.

“I don’t think so, she doesn’t really care.” Doyoung said carefully, Taeri’s eyes searched the room.

“Any news?” Johnny asked.

“We fixed that Gilbae issue but, it’s still there. .” Yuta stated, Jaehyun’s brows furrowed.

“So, it wasn’t just him?”

“I have nothing.” Yuta shook his head, he looked up again, then he paused.

“What?” Doyoung spoke.

“Look,”

Taeri was making her way towards Lucas, the male grinned before stretching his fist to her. Taeri slapped his hand away while chuckling. Mark had stood up from his table to walk to the two.

Lucas was talking to her, Taeri was nodding along, occasionally rolling her eyes. She looked at the drink he was holding and she took a small sip.

“Oh.” Johnny started to smile.

Taeri was starting to talk again, it was clear to them she was complaining, Lucas laughed and he leaned down to briefly press his forehead against hers.

“Strange, huh?”

“Taeri’s…Taeri’s comfortable around him. She even walked to him before going to Mark.”

“Should we get Taeyong a “best matchmaker in town” medal?”

 

 

“What do you mean there’s still drugs present?” Taeri was confused, Johnny shook his head. The party was still going on, the Lee elders were chatting with some of the guests while their eldest soon roamed around the room, greeting familiar faces and colleagues.

“Didn’t we already take care of Gilbae and his operations?” Lucas spoke.

They were at their own private table, a little further away from the party.

“We did, but it’s still there. We might have to personally be in the area tomorrow. The neighborhood hasn’t gotten any safer.”

“It’s that place near Bukchon, right?” Jaehyun asked, Yuta nodded.

Taeri forked around her plate, her eyes went to Taeyong and the girl, Minah.

“You got any answers for that?” Doyoung nudged her, Mark followed her gaze.

“No.” She replied simply, Lucas glanced at her, she shrugged at him.

“Did your brother get a girlfriend overnight? He didn’t mention anything. Does she know what we do?” Johnny chuckled.

“I think hyung would have told us if he ever met someone, and that girl..she looks familiar.” Jungwoo stated.

“Her father’s a business partner. Hong Construction Group.” Mark filled in.

“But I don’t know why…why she’s with hyung.”

“You don’t like season chicken, right?” Taeri turned to Lucas, she was looking at his plate. Lucas shook his head.

“It’s fine,” He said.

So, that’s Gucci gang?” Lucas whispered conspiringly.

She looked prettier in her picture.” She nodded back and took the chicken off his plate.

Is the younger sister worried that her brother might get married soon?” Lucas said teasingly, Taeri faced him.

tumblr_p4vvroa98X1wldi5ho1_500.gif

He was smiling, Taeri sighed.

“You know, sometimes I like having you around. Sometimes I just want to hit you with a sledgehammer.” She commented, she glanced behind her and noticed that a lot of young females were eyeing their table appreciatively.

“Taeri, be nice.” Lucas said as he followed her gaze.

“Should I put numbers on you and start an auction or something?” She chuckled, Lucas shook his head and just gestured for her to eat.

“Oh, you’re using it.” He blurted, Taeri blinked at him.

“The lipstick I bought for you. It looks nice.” He nodded before picking up his water.

“I think it’s a little too dark.” Taeri nodded as she sliced the chicken and carefully removed the bits of whole pepper and chives on it.

“No, no. It’s pretty.” Lucas scrunched his nose at her while smiling.

 

 

“Just eat, Wong.” She sighed before placing the chicken back on his plate.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++