038

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

Taeri stepped out of her room and sighed, the boredom was killing her. Taeyong had asked her not to go to school and rest instead, and she couldn’t reach anyone.

No one was picking up her calls.

“Did I become some sort of plague?” She muttered to herself as she padded towards Mark’s room.

“Oh, noona.” Mark sat up as she walked in his room, Taeri made a face at him before plopping down on the couch.

“Are you feeling better?” She asked as she took the PlayStation controller from him.

“Yeah, I heard about what happened, noona.”

“I’m fine, nothing warm compress can’t fix.” She grinned at him.

“I didn’t mean that,”

Taeri faced him and tilted her head.

“I guess Wong Yukhei did really win you over.”

Taeri picked up one of the pillow and threw it at his face, Mark chuckled.

“I approve!” Mark hummed.

“I never asked for your approval.” She replied.

“But I have to admit it,” Mark handed the pillow back to her.

“What?”

“He makes you happy, noona. And, he can keep you safe, no matter what happens.”

“He’s not my bodyguard, Lee Minhyung.”

“Aigoo, just admit it, you do have a heart after all, princess.” Mark , Taeri sighed and mussed his hair.

“Let’s just get something to eat.”

Mark nodded and followed her.

“So, do you wanna talk about this certain young lady you’ve been texting?”

Mark stilled, his eyes widened. Taeri started to laugh as she walked out of the room.

“Noona might have been busy, but I always have time to check on my two hardheaded brothers.” She hummed before sliding down the stairs.

“She always has to have the upper hand.” Mark scratched the back of his neck as he went down.

 

 

Lucas stepped into the house and looked around, the others went straight to the dining room to eat. He crossed the living room and was surprised to find it empty.

“Pool.” He murmured to himself as he crossed the hall and made his way towards the indoor pool area.

He found Taeri, lying on a giant unicorn floater with a book in hand.

“I’m not even going to ask where you guys were.” She said without looking up from her book, Lucas smiled and waved her over.

“I don’t want to.” Taeri hummed back.

“Don’t want to ask me how my day went?” Lucas asked as he sat down, he shook off his sneakers and dipped his feet in the water.

“I got a checkup, nothing broken though. You?” Taeri asked as she sat up. Lucas smiled in relief.

“We played darts for a bit. And Johnny hyung killed it..what do you call that arcade game again? The one with the hammer and you have to smash those~”

“Okay, I don’t need details.” She chuckled, Lucas just waved her over again. Taeri used her hands to make the floater swim nearer to him.

“What worries me is that,” Taeri stated as she reached him, he nodded for her to speak as he lifted her off the floater.

“Oppa seems really mad.”

“He was smiling.”

“Exactly.” Taeri said as Lucas let her go, he smiled and touched her hair again.

“We still haven’t spoken about that, I keep on letting you kiss me~”

Lucas beamed before pressing his lips against hers again, Taeri pushed him back.

“I kind of have a bad experience with an ex. So, I’m not sure about dating another mafia dude.” She rolled her eyes at him.

“Mafia dude, really?” Lucas chortled, Taeri her lips and shook her head.

“I’m glad you’re okay, Wong.” She said before wrapping her arms around his waist, he nodded and pressed his nose against her hair.

“But, I want to go out. My nails are bothering me.”

“I’m driving.” He replied, Taeri smiled, she pulled away from him and jogged back to the living room.

“I’ll go get dressed then.” She called before disappearing to the house.

Lucas smiled to himself, then he felt something nudge his knee. He looked down and found Chapo eyeing him warily.

“I wont break her heart, I know you and Pablo will break me if I do.” He patted his head before walking back to the house.

 

 

“What?” Taeri looked at her brother questioningly.

“This is the only way we can finish this, Tee. I hope you understand.” Johnny said carefully. Taeri bit her lip and looked around her, everyone was seated around the table, even Yuta was in attendance.

“So…no more following the rules?”

“Yeah.” Jaehyun said, Taeyong remained quiet on his seat. Taeri bit her lip and she took out the small device from her purse.

“But, before that,” Doyoung cleared his throat.

“We want your opinion on this.” Taeyong opened his mouth, Mark nodded. Taeri glanced at Lucas briefly and he gave her a small nod.

“If we catch Bangchan, what do you want to happen?” Taeyong finished, Jungwoo exhaled and shook his head.

“Just catch him.” Taeri stated.

“Nothing else?”

Taeri’s forehead creased, she let out a breath and looked up.

“Make him apologize. Not to me, but..to everyone here.”

“Why don’t we just toss him in a concrete mixer?” Lucas spoke, Yuta shushed him.

“But, Taeri,” Taeyong leaned forward.

“Oppa wants you to be there.”

Taeri halted, her fingers curled over her lap.

“I’ll feel better if you’re there. I want you to see how we will take care of him.”

“F—Fine, I’ll be there, oppa.” She said with finality as she pushed the device towards Taeyong.

Mark smiled in glee.

“Still, a concrete mixer might come in handy.” Lucas added again, Taeri snorted and she stood up. Lucas followed suit.

“Where are you two going?” Johnny asked them.

“Taeri wants to get her talons done.” Lucas chuckled, Taeri sent him a look.

“I’m still amazed how he manages not to get killed by her.” Jaehyun murmured to Taeyong.

“Take guards with you.” Taeyong said.

“Lucas is enough.” Jungwoo cackled.

“What did you do?” Taeri’s eyes went to the Wong heir.

“Like I said, we played darts.” Lucas blinked at her innocently before pulling her with him.

 

 

“Hyung, he’s moving around.” Jungwoo said as he looked at the laptop again, Taeyong nodded. Taeri had handed them the device she was using to track Chan.

“Let him.” Taeyong replied as the red dot blinked again.

“There’s been an incident earlier, one of our pool bars at Cheongdam.” Johnny announced.

“Who?”

“Hyungwon and Wonho were seen at the very place right before it started.”

Mark’s lips quirked up.

“They’re starting.”

“Well, they probably already received our present.” Taeyong smirked.

“How did..you..wrap him?” Yuta asked, Doyoung grinned on his seat.

“We had him tied up on a wheelchair and dropped him off at a highway. .”

“Nice.” Yuta muttered, amused.

“So, we just let him run around for a bit?” Johnny spoke again, he reached for the laptop and checked the address.

“He’s in downtown Seoul, brave. And stupid.”

“Yeah, let him relax for a bit, let him assume that we’re not after him anymore.” Taeyong walked towards the windows and buried his hands in his pockets. Jaehyun paused, his eyebrows rose.

“Is this why Lucas kept on saying that to Shownu? That he didn’t give a about about finding Bangchan anymore?”

“He suggested this. Let him loosen up for a bit, make Bangchan think that all is done after we get Shownu.”

“Lucas wants him to think that we already forgot about him?”

“Yeah, we trap him and pick him up.” Taeyong faced his friends again. The guys started to smirk to themselves.

 

“Then we throw him a party.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++