023

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

Mark watched in amusement as Lucas argued with Taeri.

“A road trip? Why?”

“It’s a weekend, Lucas. And I don’t have exams coming up.” Taeri reasoned as she set her Chanel backpack on the couch.

“But you’re the only girl going!” He argued back, Taeyong strolled in, confused by the noise.

“I am the only girl living in this house, Lucas. Scratch it, I’m always the only girl.” She replied as she chewed on an apple.

“But, going on a road trip with gang members? Plus your ex with the bad record~“

“What do you know? Do you know why the beat him up?” Taeri asked him, Lucas paused.

“He’s doing your job for you, hyung.” Mark grinned at his older brother.

“I don’t think it’s safe.” Lucas stated, Taeyong saw his sister smile. It was odd, usually, by now when you went against what she wanted to do, she would be angry.

“It’s just a trip to the beach, Wong. What could go wrong? Sharks?” She chuckled before punching his arm, Lucas chewed on his lower lip.

“Are you leaving?” Taeyong cleared his throat, Taeri looked up.

“Did you see the video?” Taeri replied, Lucas and Mark balked, the two were speaking to each other.

“I did. Thanks.” Taeyong nodded, Taeri smirked.

“What do you think?” Taeri spoke as she gathered her things, Taeyong crossed his arms, his forehead creasing.

“I’d like to hear what you think first.”

Lucas looked at Taeri, he handed her one of his hoodies, Taeri blinked at him.

“You’re wearing skirts again. Put that on.” He said in Mandarin, Taeri took it from him and he left, leaving the siblings to talk privately.

“She’s probably a Trojan horse. Play her well.”

“Tee, we don’t even know that yet. This might~”

“Might just be a coincidence? Haven’t we learned enough? Who will gain more in this partnership? You or her? Or, who will lose more?”

Taeyong paused, Taeri looked up and picked up her bag.

“It’s better if we attack first.” She stated before leaving the house.

 

 

Taeri was enjoying some sun while sitting on the large beach towel, Chan had brought some sandwiches and fruits for them to enjoy.

“When are the guys coming?” She asked him.

“Maybe in an hour or so, they have something up downtown.”

Taeri nodded and smiled.

“I’m surprised your brothers let you go.” Chan said good-naturedly.

“Oh, they were willing.” Taeri chuckled as she thought of hard to reason with Lucas from earlier that morning.

“Chan, I know you’re worried because…we both have..difficult backgrounds, our groups..have history, but I want you to know that..it doesn’t matter to me. I don’t care what the mafia does or thinks, I just..I just want to be me and be with you.” She faced him, she saw Chan blink but then he smiled.

“I know, Taeri. I know. I’m glad you’re back.” He smiled as he cupped her cheek. Taeri was about to speak when his phone started to ring.

“I have to get this, eat more.” He said before standing up and walking away from her, Taeri glanced around before lifting herself up and walking towards Chan.

“What?....You’re doing that today? Are you crazy?”

Taeri halted, he sounded agitated, from the way his back tensed, she knew something was bothering him.

“It sounds like a bad idea. Bin-ah, listen…Just…Sinchon exit. Fine. Sinchon exit.”

Taeri turned away from him and jogged back to their spot, she bit her lip as she opened a can of cola.

“They’re on the move again.” She whispered to herself.

 

 

“That’s progress.” Jungwoo commented as lunch was served.

“Right? I thought I was dreaming.” Mark chuckled over his steak, Lucas leaned back on his seat.

“You look bothered.” Mark glanced at the tall male.

“It’s too quiet.” Lucas said as he sliced the meat and fed himself a small piece.

“And we still have nothing on that Jo Jinhyuk.”

“Didn’t you say it was an alias? Any word from the streets?” Jungwoo asked, Mark shook his head.

“Nothing.” Mark replied, Lucas took a small sip of water.

“You don’t like seeing Taeri with Bangchan, huh?” Jungwoo asked with a small grin.

“Well, do you?” He replied.

“No, but for us it’s different. We don’t like seeing her with that guy because we hate his guts and we want Taeri safe. But for you, it’s another case.”

Mark chuckled, Lucas looked away.

“You don’t like that she’s back with him.”

“Don’t we all?” Lucas replied, Jungwoo smiled.

“As much as we want to kill him, we’re not jealous, Wong.” Jungwoo said teasingly, Mark glanced at the male with a grin.

“Don’t worry, I doubt Taeyong hyung will be against it.”

Lucas ignored them and continued with his meal.

 

 

Johnny ran out of his office with his phone in hand, his secretary tried to chase after him as he got in the elevator.

“Youngho,” Taeyong answered his call.

“I—I just got a call,” He spoke.

“Did something~”

“Yuta just got in an accident, and it doesn’t sound good.”

Taeyong suddenly stood up, the other directors looked at him.

“What happened?”

“It was at a crossing, he was about to make a left turn when a truck suddenly came and crashed into him.”

Taeyong let out a shaky breath, without a word he left his meeting. He gestured for his secretary to have his car ready.

“I’m already on my way to the hospital. I’ll already called the others.” Johnny informed him.

“How long has it been since this happened?”

“About thirty minutes ago, Doyoung got a distress call from their hospital. They immediately recognized him.”

Taeyong got in the elevator.

“Where?”

 

“Sinchon exit.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++