001

Of Secrets and Broken Promises

 

“Would you like something to drink, miss?”

The lady looked up from her book, she shook her head at the flight attendant before checking the time on her wristwatch. Her brows met briefly before putting her book down.

“I have an hour.” She murmured to herself before gathering her hair in a high ponytail. She took out her laptop and checked her emails.

She opened the first one in her inbox, and she shook her head.

I’ll pick you up at the airport. Don’t avoid me.

She typed in a quick reply before leaning back on her seat again, her thoughts went back to her home and to her family.

And to her brothers.

She exhaled before putting her laptop away.

“I’m back under his control again. Why did high school have to end?”

“Hey, excuse me, young lady,” The male beside her spoke, she glanced at him.

“You seem bored, will somebody be picking you up at the airport? I have my chauffeur waiting for me.” He offered while placing his hand over hers.

“I can drop you off anywhere, unless you wanna see my place first?” He said with a wink, the girl sighed before speaking.

“Get your hand off before you lose it.”

The male stared at her.

“What are you~”

“Trust me, you don’t want to flirt me.” She flicked his hand away from hers. The male was about to speak, but he was met by a deadly glare from the young lady.

“Keep that mouth shut.”

“Wow, this agasshi really knows how to talk, I was just being nice.” He smirked at her.

The girl smiled back at him.

“Fine, let’s do it your way.” She muttered before putting on her headphones and closing her eyes.

 

 

“Is something up?” Jungwoo asked worriedly as they stepped in the mansion, the older beside him shook his head.

“He didn’t say anything, he just said it was urgent.” Jaehyun replied as they followed Doyoung and Johnny to the winding marble staircase.

“Somebody must have crossed territories again.” Johnny chuckled, Doyoung exhaled.

“We don’t really have time to clean up after them.” He commented as he pushed the doors open. Taeyong was seated on the couch, Lucas and Yuta were already with him inside the room.

“What’s up, hyung?” Doyoung asked as they joined him, Jungwoo glanced at the older male, his brows rose in worry.

Something didn’t seem right, Taeyong was usually calm and well-prepared, but today, he looked antsy.

“How bad is it?” Johnny asked.

“She’s coming home.” Taeyong spoke, Luacas glanced around him, from the way the others reacted, it seemed that something bad was going to happen.

“Really? Wow.” Yuta spoke.

“Three years went by so fast.” Jaehyun nodded, Taeyong exhaled.

“Hyung, don’t worry. We’ll look after her. The thing that..happened before, it wont happen again.” Doyoung spoke, Jungwoo frowned.

“Who’s picking her up? Surely not you.” Johnny said dryly, Lucas leaned back on his seat, he noticed Jungwoo checking his phone.

“Mark’s already there. I just wanted to tell you guys in the advance,” Taeyong stood up and fixed his tie.

“After three years, she’s finally back, our princess!” Yuta hummed.

“The real boss is back then.” Jungwoo smiled.

“Now, you’re going to finally meet Taeyong hyung’s biggest headache.” Jaehyun said to Lucas before standing up to get himself a drink.

 

 

Lee Taeri walked towards the baggage carousel, she crossed her arms as she waited for her bags.

“You acting all tough on the place, but you’re all alone now.”

She glanced beside her, it was the man from earlier. She exhaled before taking out her phone.

“Hey, it’s me.” She spoke, her eyes went to the male again, he was confidently whistling while waiting for his bags.

“I just landed, now I’m waiting for my bags. But, someone kept on bothering me earlier at the plane.”

The male rolled his eyes at her, not worrying at all.

Taeri saw her luggage nearing her.

“He’s even followed me to the carousel, can you take care of him for me? He kept on touching my hand earlier.” She said before ending the call and pulling her bag out, she started to walk away from the male.

Taeri fixed her hair before exiting through the sliding doors, her eyes scanned the area then she saw a familiar face amongst the crowd.

“Noona,” He smiled, Taeri started to walk towards him, she saw the males standing behind her brother, there were eight of them, all dressed in black and their tattoos were visible even from afar.

“Look here, miss,” The male from earlier grabbed her wrist.

“You cannot just accuse me of~” He halted when it suddenly turned dark around them, he looked up and realized that they were surrounded by men in dark suits.

He swallowed when he noticed the tattoos on their necks and fingers.

“Is he bothering you, agasshi?” One spoke, then they made way for the young male.

“Was he the one on the plane?” Mark spoke, Taeri’s eyes went to the cocky male, he looked so small now.

“I—I didn’t know~”

“The next time you try to harass women, think again.” She smirked at him before moving away, the males followed her as she walk, Mark smiled and just walked with his sibling.

“We could really take care of him, noona.” He offered as they reached the waiting Mercedes Benz.

“I hate being home.” She pointed out as she slid inside the vehicle.

“The hyungs are waiting for you at the mansion, noona. I’m sure you’re hungry.” Mark stated as the car started to move, Taeri exhaled and shrugged.

“I’d rather not see his face.”

 

 

“They’re here.” Jungwoo was smiling as he peered by the window, the convoyed Mercedes Benz arrived at the curb. Taeyong leaned against his desk.

They saw Mark step down from the car, Taeri’s luggage were being unloaded from the black Range Rover.

“So, she’s older than Mark?” Lucas asked as he approached Jungwoo by the windows.

“Yeah, a year older.” He replied, Johnny joined the two.

“It’s Taeri.” He chuckled just as a girl with long black hair slid down from the car, Lucas watched as the girl faced Mark.

Mark was speaking to her, but she shook her head at him. Then, she looked up, Johnny waved at her.

Jungwoo grinned at her. Then, she blew Jungwoo a kiss before jogging towards one of the parked cars, the guards tried to stop her but she was already inside the sky blue Ferrari California.

“I’m guessing lunch is cancelled?” Doyoung commented as they heard the engine purr to life and speed away.

“Jungwoo’s car?” Yuta asked from the couch.

“Yeah.” Johnny shook her head in amusement.

Taeyong exhaled and looked away, Lucas’s brows rose.

“What was that?” He asked Jungwoo, the other male was looking at his phone.

I’ll give it back later. –Taeri

“Hyung and her aren’t on good terms. It has..been like that for a while.” Jungwoo said quietly, Lucas glanced at the Ferrari again, it was already leaving the property.

“She’s back for university, she starts next week.” Taeyong cleared his throat.

“And, with how things have been tense lately, can I ask for a favor?”

“Fire away, hyung.” Jaehyun nodded.

“I need someone to watch over her.”

“I can do that.” Jungwoo volunteered just as Mark joined them in the room.

“No, not you, you always give in to her.” Johnny pointed out.

“I don’t always give in~” Jungwoo blinked, then he glanced at his empty parking space, Doyoung sent him a wry smile.

“How about Lucas? They don’t know each other, Taeri wont be able to trick him as much.” Yuta chuckled, Lucas looked up from the windowsill.

“Lucas is way too sunny, Taeri will kill him.” Jaehyun murmured, Mark chuckled and he sat down.

“Are you talking about their sister or a demon?” Lucas spoke, Taeyong grinned at him.

“This girl…our princess, can you watch over her?” Johnny smiled.

 

“Are you okay with that?” Taeyong asked him with a small pleading smile.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++