Chapter 8

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Oppa!" Chaerin screamed excitedly at Jiyong when she opened the door to Top's penthouse apartment. He was taken aback for a second because he wasn't expecting the 2ne1 leader to be present for dinner. He didn't even know she was in the country. Last he heard, she was busy recording her solo album in LA. "Chaerin-ah, when did you get back in Seoul?" he asked while ruffling her hair. "Just the other day, oppa. Dara unnie told me to come meet her here, so here I am!" Jiyong smiled at the excited CL while closing the door. He took his coat off and was again surprised by Chaerin's loud voice. "Ommo! Oppa! You're wearing the same exact shirt as unnie!" At first, he didn't understand what she was saying, then CL announced it to everyone at the apartment while they were walking towards the kitchen. "Jiyong oppa is twinning with unnie!" He looked at Dara who was at the moment behind the kitchen counter, busy looking at the oven then back to his shirt. She was indeed wearing the same blue and black checkered polo shirt. To her petite frame, it almost looked like a short dress since she paired it with tattered denim shorts. Everyone's eyes were on him and Dara and he can tell they will be the of everyone's joke tonight. 

 

"Jiyong oppa wasn't wearing that at work today. He probably asked noona what she was wearing before coming in so he can change!" Everyone laughed including Dara. "He didn't. We just have the same style." She said. Sounding very comfortable about the very obvious "They're exes" jokes. He was used to it and didn't mind if they boys made fun of him when it was just between them, but when Dara was around, he felt a bit more self consious. Observing her act like it was nothing though made him feel a bit weird. She has moved on. Good for her. Good for ing her. 

 

He placed the drinks he bought on the kitchen counter and started putting the beer in the fridge. He didn't notice Dara approach the fridge to look at what he was holding. "That's my favorite drink. Too bad I didn't take my pill with me!" She playfully said. He stopped what he was doing, reached for her and gave her a one-armed hug. She didn't look apalled or even remotely surprised. Instead, she leaned her head on his shoulder for a few seconds before pulling away. "Thank you for this shirt you sent me! Hehe. I didn't know we'd be wearing the same thing." she started. He just smiled. "You look tired." she said. Looking concerned. She has always been worried about how hard he works and how little rest he gets. She used to bug him about it when they were still together. This was the first time he saw concern written on her face again since the break up. "Yeah, a bit stressed with work. I want hyung's last concert before his enlistment to be a memorable one for him. Or you know.. he might cry." he winked. She giggled at the 'Top is a cry baby' joke and continued working on her food.

 

He looked at his friends. Seungri, Top, Daesung (When did he get here?) and CL chatting comfortably at the dining table. He didn't even consider joining them. Instead, he feigned interest at what Dara is cooking. "What do we have here? Need some help?" he offered. The food actually looked good. "I just made garlic rice and I'm just waiting for the butter garlic shrimp to be finished." she claimed excitedly. "Did you make anything else? That wont be enough if you'r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter