Chapter 47

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She would have gone home on the first week of December but she decided to extend her stay in the Philippines when she got a call from Bigbang maknae asking her to come to his private party at an exclusive luxury beach resort. Who was she to say no to her dongsaeng? She loves the beach and truthfully, she was dreading going home to Korea's harsh winter. 

 

When she got back, it was less than two weeks to Christmas and though the weather was cold, she felt relatively warm in the company of her friends. She kept herself busy with work during the day but spent a good amount of time hanging out and partying with friends at night. Chaerin is home and will be spending a good amount of time in Seoul and when her schedule permits, she's always having dinners and slumber party with her leader. 

 

Jiyong was still giving her space but he has now started regularly sending her messages. He kept it light and easy for her and she gives him credit for always making it comfortable, never awkward. He knew his limits and he's never suffocated her with sweetness and romance. He keeps her updated with his work and what he's been up to, in return, she replied to his messages with interest and on occassions when she thinks he deserves it, she rewards him with an update about her work and personal life. 

 

A few days before Christmas while she was folding laundry, she got a message from Jiyong. 

 

J: Will you come to Bigbang's last concert? My last performance, possibly ever. 

D: Aissh. Dramatic much? Do you think your VIPs won't wait for you? 2 years is short. I bet my entire savings, everything under my name, that it won't be your last!

J: Your confidence on Bigbang is giving me strength! But answer the question, ahjumma. 

D: Neh, I'll watch one of the concerts but won't be there on NYE cause I'm driving to Busan to be with the fam. 

J: :(

J: What's the point then?! The last is the most special. 

D: Dramatic, as ever.. ;)

 

On Christmas day, Jiyong personally delivered his present to her. He called in advance, asking where she was. She immediately informed him that she was just finishing up a meeting at one of the conference rooms in YG. He asked her to stay put and that he will be there in 30 minutes. 

 

Just as he promised, he was there after 30 minutes and up at the rooftop, where she said she'll wait. When he walked to where she was, she controlled the reaction on her face because he was breathtaking and she was embarrassed that her cheeks might show signs of her blushing. She smiled, and she wished she didn't smile too wide but her heart won over her brain. 

 

"Ahjumma! Why are you smiling like a dork over there?" he said, while approaching her. 

"None of your business." she countered. But the smile was evident in her tone of voice and she really wanted to scold herself. She saw him smiling at her, looking just as much of a dork as she possibly does. 

"Thanks for meeting me at such short notice. I was worried you'd say no." he said shyly. She had to smile more at that. He turns into the opposite of a dragon when he's shy. 

"It's alright, I had no important plans anyway. So what's up?" 

She saw him pull something out of his backpack. A medium sized box that was wrapped nicely in red paper with a white ribbon on top. He smoothened the wrap and fixed the bow that was somehow squashed inside the bag. 

"Merry Christmas, Ahjumma!" he said, as he handed her his present.

"Ommo! Jiyongie, I didn't even get you anything!"

"It's okay. It's been awhile since you last celebrated Christmas anyway. But I can still give you a present!"

"Komawoyo!"

"Neh, now open it." he insisted. Truthfully, she felt embarassed opening his present. For one, she didn't even consider it's Christmas day when she woke up this morning. She didn't think she'd be meeting him today as well! She suddently felt shy. After a month or so of giving her space, and here he was, presenting her with another present. She didn't think she deserved any of it.

 

When she opened the box, she found a really odd looking long oversized shirt. She held it up to look at it closely. It was designed in an almost graffiti like way, with different colored buttons stitched in different places. In the middle, a purple rabbit was painted on. "Ommo! It's Tamtamiiiii!" she exclaimed. 

"Neh, I made it. I handpainted and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter