Chapter 16

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sandara smiled like a dork in the dark booth right beside the fire exit of the auditorium. She was looking at Joon Young pull of some silly dance moves on stage.  She was aware of the people inside the booth enjoying themselves. She only knew two people at the VIP section with her. Joon Young's close friends Roy Kim and Younha. An hour in to Joon Young's concert, he surprised her with the coolest cover of Twice's Cheer Up. Why would a certified rocker, do a cover a KPop girl group song? 

 

On Joon Young's second night in Manila, he waited patiently for Dara to finish getting ready for their date. They were planning on watching a movie at the nearby high-end mall in Makati, where both were staying. It's already been 30 minutes since she got in the shower. They weren't in a rush. She managed to leave work early and it's only 7pm. The movie they were to watch didn't even begin 'til 9:45pm so they have a lot of time for dinner beforehand. He looked at his watch and got up from the couch, walked aroud the hotel room and snooped around her stuff. He didn't mean any harm. He was just beginning to get bored. 

 

When he reached her bedside table, he saw her music player and curiously looked at the last song played. Cheer Up by Twice. He smiled. He's met the members of Twice in the past. Has checked out the cute girls in their tiny skirts. He giggled recalling it. But here he was, inside Sandara Park's hotel room. There really is no room for any other cute girls, is there? Her face alone, can launch a thousand ships. He was no fool. He knew his competition. GDragon is just the strongest one, but there are a lot more who would want to be on his shoes, right here, inside her hotel room. 

 

He grabbed the music player and went back to the living room to attach the device to the speaker. He played the song and lightly danced to the music. How did he get here, he thought. How lucky is he, right now? He can hear footsteps inside Dara's bedroom, adjacent to the living room. He didn't want to go in. She might need the privacy to get dressed so he looked out the Manila skyline instead. Feeling satisfied. A few minutes later, he hears the intro the same song. He went to where the speaker was and inspected the player. Ommo! She has the song on repeat! He laughed at that. Just then, he saw Dara coming out of her room sporting a very relaxed look of jeans and hoodie. No make up. Not that it's necessary. 

 

"You like this song a lot?" Joon Young asked. 

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Hehe. It cheers me up!" Dara said. Looking almost embarrassed. She turned the music off. "I'm ready!" she procalaimed with both arms raised. 

"I'll sing this song for you then." he said casually. 

 

And now, here she was. Back in Seoul. Being serenaded with the most ridiculous KPop song by the most handsome and endearing rocker she knows. She was beyond ecstatic. Her heart was bursting! This is how it feels like to be swept of her feet. The last time she allowed someone to break the barriers to her heart was many years ago and it ended with her entire world crumbling. This resulted to her shutting everyone out. Even family and friends. She knew the difficulties, more than the rewards of falling in love. Was she falling in love with Joon Young? Maybe not just y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter