Chapter 13

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You didn't have to come here. I told you I'll come get you."

 

"It's okay. Tabi told me you guys were busy rehearsing today. I didn't have a tight schedule, just the shoot earlier and then gym session later tonight." The two were walking to the elevator, up towards the rooftop. The last time she went up the roof with Jiyong, she was saying goodbye, giving them closure, saying goodbye. Two years ago.

 

Sandara felt a bit nervous. She isn't sure why. Jiyong acted really weird last night and she didn't know what to make of it. She's always only remained on the friendly, borderline polite, side when they were trying to crossover from ex-lovers to friends. She always made it a point to say hello on days that she would run into him inside the YG office. Even when she felt extreme pain, reading news about his latest adventures with the Japanese model. She would still be nice. When time alllowed for her healing and she no longer felt the pain, she started to accept him as a constant part of her life. They may never go back to how it was before, when they were still young and full of life as YG trainees, but they can always start anew. It was inevitable, she was going to see him, they work for the same management company and it's not like she had any plans of leaving. 

 

A year after the break up, she slowly started initiating conversations. She forced herself to say more than the usual 'How have you been?'. Instead, she asked about his work. She asked about his family. She was genuinely interested anyway. The break up was so abrupt, she always wished she had been given the time to say thank you to his family, for always being doting and welcoming, even before they had been officially a couple. She missed his mom the most. She used to send her home cooked meals, and would occassionally spend time shopping with her. She not just fell in love with Jiyong, she fell completely in love with his family too. 

 

She didn't know when it happened but the two slowly built a different kind of friendship. Maybe less exciting as before, but true friendship, nonetheless. It was not just her who would reach out. She would have days when he would send her a short message. Almost always filled with compliments.

 

"I watched you at Sugarman today. You are doing great! Gotten so funnier!"

Or

"Your new CF was great!"

or just random messages that she'd always find cute, and so very Jiyong.

"Gaho ate my music sheet today. I worked hard on completing that music. All down the drain. Darayong, scold Gaho!"

 

They would also hang out more frequently on days that they were both in Seoul and not busy. It started with YG family dinners, then they found themselves going out more with common friends they have pre-relationship. They have always had a separate group they would hang out with, along with Se7en. One time, they even went outside of Seoul for a two night camping trip. Glamping more like, since they stayed in tents that was set up like hotel rooms. She found herself in the bed next to his and the awkwardness of it all was hilarious that all they could do was laugh at themselves. That may have been the turning point. After two nights in a laid back setting, surrounded by loyal friends, they began feeling less self consious with each other. They joked around about their failed relationship and took time to get to know each other again. So imagine her surprise when Jiyong acted like a massive at dinner last night. 

 

"I bought food. Tabi said you skipped lunch cause you were waiting for me." She said, while taking the food out of the take out bag. She bought jajangmyeun and sweet and sour pork to share. He nodded his thanks. She's still unsure what she's doing here but she's patient. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter