Chapter 17

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The moment Jiyong stepped inside her apartment, a deep feeling of longing enveloped him. The last time he was here was the day he broke up with her. He rushed to her home to take back everything he said but he found it empty. Dara wasn't home then. He didn't spend more than three minutes inside, just rushed back out to look for her. Today, he stood awkwardly in the middle of her living room, waiting for her to come out of her bedroom. She let him in and told him to make himself comfortable while she got something from her room.

 

He took everything in. The beige couch in the middle of the room. The shelves filled with trinkets from her travels. The side table filled with pictures of her cats. Not much has changes, only an additional painting on the wall, replacing a television that was once there. What happened to her TV? Why did she remove it? They had plenty of nights spent lounging in the same couch while watching random TV shows.

 

Dara comes out with her hair up on a bun (it was down whe she opened the door), a magazine in one hand and a wine bottle on the other. She lifted the wine and cheerfully said "Top left so many bottles of wine here, want?" He nodded and smiled his yes. He followed Dara to the kitchen. Ah, so the kitchen changed, he thought. When before it looked like a model display kitchen, the one now looks like it's been thoroughly used. He saw colorful mugs on the corner. One in particular caught his attention, a mug he gave her a long time ago with a photo of his dog. She didn't get rid of it, huh? Good. He walked to where it was and picked it up. "Gaho is still here." Dara looked at the mug he was holding and took it away from him. "Of course. Where else would he be?" she asked with a smile. "My house. I mean, I did feed him this morning." She laughed. 

 

"Come here. Let's get some food in that skinny body." She then lead him to the dining table where he saw food already prepared for him. Some chicken dish, he doesn't quite recognize, japchae, side of kimchi, and rice. He heard his stomach complain. He was hungry. He forgot his hunger because all day he felt anxious if his plan of making her invite him over would work. Now that he's actually there, he was thankful for the food. "Komawoyo, ahjumma" he sweetly said. He was rewarded with an eyeroll. When he was about to dig in, she got up and went back to the kitchen, saying something he didn't quite understand. Then she came back with 3 packs of gim. "Here! I know you love your rice with gim!" She's right. He did love it with the salty toasted seaweed. 

 

"You remember."

"Ofcourse." 

"Eat with me. This is all too much. Did you make all of these?"

"No, no. You eat. I ate dinner a few hours ago. My mom sent me an entire tub of Japchae. I only made the chicken adobo. Kimchi was actually.." she paused, "I didn't make the kimchi." 

"It tastes great! Eat again juseyooooo. I hate eating alone." he pleaded. Poutin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter